PGP: Fishing for a new thread title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No offense to all the other up and coming Grammy winners, but the Grammy's suck if U2 isn't in the mix... Adele has a lot going for her though.

Foo Fighters just performed.

My other cat stepped on the remote and changed the channel on me. :lol:

*was watching The Hangover*

I :heart: the Foo!

Yay for your fun food and wine weekend Thora. :applaud:

Tara glad your kitty is ok. :hug:

I'm not watching the Grammys. No U2. :yawn:

(I would watch it without them if there was ANYone else I was interested in seeing but I don't think there is this year.)

I had the MOST AMAZING beer last night. :ohmy: Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat. It was amazing. :drool: I don't know if I mentioned it was amazing. It was. Amazing.

I'm not a huge beer fan but that sounds good - I'm doing a race in a couple weeks sponsored by New Belgium so when the race is over I get a couple pints of Fat Tire Beer :drool:

I :heart: the Foo!

I'm not a huge beer fan but that sounds good - I'm doing a race in a couple weeks sponsored by New Belgium so when the race is over I get a couple pints of Fat Tire Beer :drool:

You would have to like cherry first of all to like this I'm sure. (I do. Cherry pie :drool: ) I could smell the cherry as soon as I opened the beer, and you could definitely taste it, to me it wasn't overpowering or sweet at all, but made me just wanna down the beer super fast and want another one. :wink:

Ooh, cherry pie. That does sound good :drool:.

Goody, can squeeze in here before this thread soon closes!

First off, hello, Thora, welcome back. Glad you had a good weekend, can't wait to see the photos!

Second, Tara, ohhhh. I'm so sorry to hear your cat did have to go through with the surgery :hug:. But if it's going to help ease his pain, that's the most important thing. As was discussed here before, many animals survive just fine despite missing certain body parts and such, so I'm sure he'll be just fine soon. I know how you feel, though, definitely. But the surgery went well and everything, I take it?

On a lighter note, your cat is a cutie :cute:! Such a pretty color! I love it when they lay on their sides with their paws up and little bellies exposed, like, "Scratch my tummy!"

We're kind of the middle man for all the non-profits and charities in the city. So we find volunteers for whatever events they are putting on. For this month we have a lot of homeless shelter ones and we have a winter carnival as well.

He does sound really sexy in that song :drool:

I'm selling a pair of seats for that show so if you decide to go to Minneapolis, PM me about tickets

I see. That sounds cool, and an awesome cause to get started off with, too :up:. Are you finding lots of willing participants so far?

Yeah. He does indeed :yes:. But then again, that can be said about quite a long list of U2-related songs :D.

I saw your post about that in the Coldplay thread, and my friends and I were talking last night and actually decided to go for the Minneapolis show instead once we kinda figured out finances and such all together. So I'll definitely PM you about that, yeah.

Mr. Z said it was a freakin' avalanche of butterflies the other night.
Me: Did you bring me one?
Him: NO - I even thought about it too
Me: Why didn't you? I was even sending you mental vibes to bring me one home
Him: I know. I should have. I even thought about it too.
Me: You've said that before. Good rule of thumb? When you think about doing something nice for me, DO IT!

:giggle: boys :rolleyes:

:lol: Nice.

I've crossed three things off my to -do list (but added four more... oops), helped my son get almost everything on his list done and only had one panic-attack/meltdown. Improvement? maybe.

why don't they sell xanax over the counter yet? :lol:

Yeah, that's definitely a great start right there. As long as you're trying, that's the most important thing.

:hug: I know your exercise and such is a helpful way to relax, is there any other tactics you can use to maybe keep your cool as well, if you can't do your exercises?

Adele looked gorgeous!

She sure did. I want her dress she was wearing.

I watched the Grammys 'cause Coldplay were going to be there. Had they not been there, though, yeah, I probably wouldn't have paid much attention, either.

It is a shame to hear of Whitney's passing, and rather surprising, too, at least to me. It's one of those things where, even if the possibility is in the back of your mind, you just don't really think it'll ever actually happen, at least so soon and so young. 48 is way too young. It's also a shame simply because of the downfall she'd taken in recent years, it just sucks to see someone go with all that crap hanging over the last years of their lives. And, as stated, she's got a daughter, too, so I feel horrible for her.

TOO MUCH HOMEWORK. Not enough cable.

...Did the Grammys already happen? what happened? damn my lack of TV.

Second, Tara, ohhhh. I'm so sorry to hear your cat did have to go through with the surgery :hug:. But if it's going to help ease his pain, that's the most important thing. As was discussed here before, many animals survive just fine despite missing certain body parts and such, so I'm sure he'll be just fine soon. I know how you feel, though, definitely. But the surgery went well and everything, I take it?

On a lighter note, your cat is a cutie :cute:! Such a pretty color! I love it when they lay on their sides with their paws up and little bellies exposed, like, "Scratch my tummy!"

Yea. I can't wait to get him back tomorrow. As far as I know, everything went fine. And, according to the vet, this was inevitable. :sad: He's had a bad stress eye his whole life, and just the buildup from that was causing that growth in his eye and making it sore. :sad:

Thank you. I've told him since the day he attached himself to me that he's the most handsome cat in the world. :shifty:

And, funnily enough, when that picture was taking (almost 9 years ago now), he hated having his tummy rubbed! He'd start biting and clawing if you tried! :lol: Now, though, he'll tolerate it for a few minutes. My younger cat, on the other hand, she absolute loves it. She rolls around and kicks and generally loves you to death if you rub her tummy. :cute:

:hyper::hyper:I get my Jamie back tomorrow.:hyper::hyper:

*is very happy about that*

aw, is your cat ok? give him hugs (or pets I guess, considering cats don't like hugs) and attention and reeeeally nice food :)

Actually, Jamie loves hugs. :D Makes him purr. :love:

And, yes, he's doing really well. It's just the vet put him on some pain meds for the after-surgery, and considering he is 11.4, she wanted to make sure he was recovering okay.

I get him back tomorrow. :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: *is really really happy about that*

Yea. I can't wait to get him back tomorrow. As far as I know, everything went fine. And, according to the vet, this was inevitable. :sad: He's had a bad stress eye his whole life, and just the buildup from that was causing that growth in his eye and making it sore. :sad:

Ergh. Poor little guy :(.

Thank you. I've told him since the day he attached himself to me that he's the most handsome cat in the world. :shifty:

And, funnily enough, when that picture was taking (almost 9 years ago now), he hated having his tummy rubbed! He'd start biting and clawing if you tried! :lol: Now, though, he'll tolerate it for a few minutes. My younger cat, on the other hand, she absolute loves it. She rolls around and kicks and generally loves you to death if you rub her tummy. :cute:

Haha, awwwwwww. Yeah, they're really funny like that sometimes, huh? Our cat loves getting tummy rubs, too-occasionally if she's not in the mood she'll kinda nip at you to back off, but most of the time she'll just roll right over, stretch out as far as she can go, and lay there all happy. And if you dare move your hand away, she'll reach a paw out and try to pull you back.

Your younger cat and my cat both love tummy rubs, and they're girls, while your older male cat isn't all that into them...maybe it's a gender thing of some kind?

:hyper::hyper:I get my Jamie back tomorrow.:hyper::hyper:

*is very happy about that*

:hyper: I can imagine. Glad to hear that, I bet he can't wait to see you again. You being there will help him feel much better right off the bat :).

Ergh. Poor little guy :(.
Yea. :( The vet also said we did everything right with the first flare-ups, with the eye creams and all... it's just bad luck, really.

Haha, awwwwwww. Yeah, they're really funny like that sometimes, huh? Our cat loves getting tummy rubs, too-occasionally if she's not in the mood she'll kinda nip at you to back off, but most of the time she'll just roll right over, stretch out as far as she can go, and lay there all happy. And if you dare move your hand away, she'll reach a paw out and try to pull you back.

Your younger cat and my cat both love tummy rubs, and they're girls, while your older male cat isn't all that into them...maybe it's a gender thing of some kind?
My younger cat stretches out to about twice her length when you rub her belly!

I think it might be a gender thing, because I once rubbed my brother's late male cat (he died about 5 years ago), and that cat tried to tear my hand in half. :crack:

I never tried it with his new one, Bob. .... but then, Bob is kinda weird. My bro didn't adopt him or anything. Apparently, the people who used to live where he used to live owned Bob, and left him behind when they moved. ( :grumpy: ) When my bro moved in, Bob was there and just sorta adopted him! :lol:

:hyper: I can imagine. Glad to hear that, I bet he can't wait to see you again. You being there will help him feel much better right off the bat :).

:hyper: I can't wait to see him. I've been going crazy since last night.

My cat hated when people rubbed her tummy, or even petted her the wrong way. She once very nearly succeeded in an attempt to bite my aunt's nose off...which I suppose was forewarning since my aunt's been pretty crazy mean to the rest of my family. Smart kitty.

How to pet a kitty - The Oatmeal :wink:

My cat hated when people rubbed her tummy, or even petted her the wrong way. She once very nearly succeeded in an attempt to bite my aunt's nose off...which I suppose was forewarning since my aunt's been pretty crazy mean to the rest of my family. Smart kitty.

How to pet a kitty - The Oatmeal :wink:

:ohmy: Wow. My cats just tend to run from people. :lol:

Though my mom's sister's youngest daughter (I don't honor either of them with being a relative of mine... or my mom's, actually) did lock my younger cat in a drawer last year. :grumpy: And she locked Jamie in a cupboard. :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

:lmao: Oh, that page was genius. I must share with my mom. She'll love it. :lol:

He really had no choice with me. I've been hugging him from the beginning. :D

(to be fair, he's been purring about it almost as long :lol:)

SQUEE! :cute:

:ohmy: Wow. My cats just tend to run from people. :lol:

Though my mom's sister's youngest daughter (I don't honor either of them with being a relative of mine... or my mom's, actually) did lock my younger cat in a drawer last year. :grumpy: And she locked Jamie in a cupboard. :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

:lmao: Oh, that page was genius. I must share with my mom. She'll love it. :lol:

Yeah, Angel was badass. I think she tried to fool us into thinking her wrestling with the carpet wasn't preparation for warfare...

DDD: that's not good

The Oatmeal is win. There's a whole section on cats too :)

Yea. :( The vet also said we did everything right with the first flare-ups, with the eye creams and all... it's just bad luck, really.

:( :sad: At least you know you tried every other option, though.

My younger cat stretches out to about twice her length when you rub her belly!

I think it might be a gender thing, because I once rubbed my brother's late male cat (he died about 5 years ago), and that cat tried to tear my hand in half. :crack:

I never tried it with his new one, Bob. .... but then, Bob is kinda weird. My bro didn't adopt him or anything. Apparently, the people who used to live where he used to live owned Bob, and left him behind when they moved. ( :grumpy: ) When my bro moved in, Bob was there and just sorta adopted him! :lol:

Aw, good for your brother (that's sort of the scenario that led us to getting our cat!). I don't get people who just leave pets behind. And someone locked a cat of yours in a drawer? The hell? Why?

I have a special sort of anger I reserve towards animal abusers/people who just abandon pets. You treat an animal like crap, I have no desire to want to know you.

Heh, I was all set to sit here and go, "Hey, the theory seems to hold". Then Katie comes along and knocks it down :p.

:hyper: I can't wait to see him. I've been going crazy since last night.

I've no doubt! Not much longer to wait now.

That link is SPOT ON. That is exactly how my cat behaves. Like, to the letter :yes:. Our cat, when she gets purring, she can go for a good 5, 10 continuous minutes. And she's loud, too. I always love it when she's all curled up by one of us and we're either petting her or she's snuggling, and she's got a big smile on her face. It's truly one of the most adorable sights in the world.

SQUEE! :cute:

Yeah, Angel was badass. I think she tried to fool us into thinking her wrestling with the carpet wasn't preparation for warfare...

DDD: that's not good

The Oatmeal is win. There's a whole section on cats too :)

Jamie = :cute: (seriously, tied for 1st place in my list of "favorite cats I've ever owned")

:lol: Constant battle training?

No. That kid was spoiled rotten. And evil.

I now have to go find that book. :shifty:

Heh, I was all set to sit here and go, "Hey, the theory seems to hold". Then Katie comes along and knocks it down :p

That's what I'm here for!

DW4x01x01fromdavid-tennantorg.jpg

Our cat, when she gets purring, she can go for a good 5, 10 continuous minutes. And she's loud, too. I always love it when she's all curled up by one of us and we're either petting her or she's snuggling, and she's got a big smile on her face. It's truly one of the most adorable sights in the world.

awwwwwwww :)

:( :sad: At least you know you tried every other option, though.
Yea. I just hope he doesn't hate me.

Aw, good for your brother (that's sort of the scenario that led us to getting our cat!). I don't get people who just leave pets behind. And someone locked a cat of yours in a drawer? The hell? Why?
Evil. Brat. :yes:

She wouldn't say why. But then, she didn't talk to me, my mom, or my dad. Just her mom. And occasionally her dad.

I have a special sort of anger I reserve towards animal abusers/people who just abandon pets. You treat an animal like crap, I have no desire to want to know you.

:yes: My thoughts on it exactly.

I've no doubt! Not much longer to wait now.

That link is SPOT ON. That is exactly how my cat behaves. Like, to the letter :yes:. Our cat, when she gets purring, she can go for a good 5, 10 continuous minutes. And she's loud, too. I always love it when she's all curled up by one of us and we're either petting her or she's snuggling, and she's got a big smile on her face. It's truly one of the most adorable sights in the world.

When Jamie purrs, most of the time you can hear him across the room. It's awesome. :cute:

:lol: :hug: Katie

Yeah. She's the first cat we've ever owned (we'd always been dog owners), so everyone had to get used to each other when she first came to live with us. But she's made herself right at home here and we've just fallen in love with her. It's nice to have other cat owners around to talk about this stuff with and help each other out with any cat-related issues.

Yea. I just hope he doesn't hate me.

I can't imagine he will. He'll probably be a bit moody at first, maybe a little confused, it's going to take some getting used to, no doubt. But he'll figure out how to deal with it. The friend of my mom's whose cat had to have its surgery says her cat's now getting back to its old self and beginning to be all playful again. Just keep taking care of him and hugging him and all that good stuff and I think he'll forget all about what he's been through :).

Evil. Brat. :yes:

She wouldn't say why. But then, she didn't talk to me, my mom, or my dad. Just her mom. And occasionally her dad.

:yes: My thoughts on it exactly.

Ugh :tsk:. That sucks.

:up: Yeah. I look at an animal's face and I just can't even fathom wanting to hurt it in any way. Those commercials with the animals who need homes and stuff, every time I see them I want to just pick up the phone and say, "They can all come live with me! I'll make room!"

When Jamie purrs, most of the time you can hear him across the room. It's awesome. :cute:

Hehe, that's great :D.

Does he watch TV with you at all? Ours does. One time there was some kitty show on Animal Planet and she heard the cats meowing and sat there totally fascinated the entire show. She did it with a dog episode, too!

I can't imagine he will. He'll probably be a bit moody at first, maybe a little confused, it's going to take some getting used to, no doubt. But he'll figure out how to deal with it. The friend of my mom's whose cat had to have its surgery says her cat's now getting back to its old self and beginning to be all playful again. Just keep taking care of him and hugging him and all that good stuff and I think he'll forget all about what he's been through :).

Ugh :tsk:. That sucks.

:up: Yeah. I look at an animal's face and I just can't even fathom wanting to hurt it in any way. Those commercials with the animals who need homes and stuff, every time I see them I want to just pick up the phone and say, "They can all come live with me! I'll make room!"

Hehe, that's great :D.

Does he watch TV with you at all? Ours does. One time there was some kitty show on Animal Planet and she heard the cats meowing and sat there totally fascinated the entire show. She did it with a dog episode, too!

Yes, lots of love will be given to Jamie.

I know! Animals are so freaking awesome; why would anyone wanna hurt one? :huh:

He does. He likes Doctor Who (he prefers 10, but will watch 11 with me because he knows I like it), Torchwood (seriously, if he's just wandering and realizes I'm watching that, he lays down and purrs), and Stargate SG-1.

I've been trying to get him to watch The Sopranos with me, but I started that only recently and he's not been in the mood for anything lately.

Yes, lots of love will be given to Jamie.

:) He's in good hands.

I know! Animals are so freaking awesome; why would anyone wanna hurt one? :huh:

I don't know. Add in the scary fact that animal abusers often tend to mistreat other humans as well and it pretty much confirms they need to be seriously dealt with when they do something horrible to an animal.

He does. He likes Doctor Who (he prefers 10, but will watch 11 with me because he knows I like it), Torchwood (seriously, if he's just wandering and realizes I'm watching that, he lays down and purrs), and Stargate SG-1.

I've been trying to get him to watch The Sopranos with me, but I started that only recently and he's not been in the mood for anything lately.

That is awesome :D. Sounds like he's got good taste!

Aw. Maybe someday he'll get into it :p.

Love you, too. Night, Tara :wave: :hug:!

Back
Top Bottom