PGP - Are those horns or are you just pleased to see us??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MTE, go to my profile and check out mine..it is hilarious!

I however, and not witty at all!:|

I like how I'm separate from "hockey fans." :lol: Something Gretzky related?

Glad you had a good weekend! :hug:

Well, you know of my famous relative who isn't a hockey player. :D

Here's the picture I'm talking about.

Those who listened to Canadian music in the 80's and 90's should recognize one person in this picture. And there's a hockey player in this picture too. :D

024.jpg

It is from the Toronto concert thread...within the last few pages!

Those who listened to Canadian music in the 80's and 90's should recognize one person in this picture. And there's a hockey player in this picture too. :D

024.jpg

Omg, how awesome!! :lol: Does he sing at your family reunions?

Who is the hockey player? :reject:

And spoiler tags + youtube video breaks interference.

I'm still trying to comprehend this. My god. I've loved this song ever since early 2005 when I first found it online.

:nerd: Actually, I thought it was spoiler tags + you tube + QUOTE = broken interference. pretty sure just a video in a spoiler is fine, I've done it a few times, but if someone quotes it that where you run into trouble.

I obviously had a lot of catching up to do. :reject:

And I'm still :faint:ing over Mercy being played.

Yeah, it's quoting the spoiler-hidden video that leads to Bad Things.

Or there might be something else that does it too - it happened in PLEBA a few weeks ago, and Sicy came to fix it, and she had mentioned something else ...... that of course I can't remember.

/helpful

Meant to also say jem your Acropolis at night pic is so pretty!

Hi VP :wave: we always seem to miss each other here these days. :( I was just about to duck out for awhile.

Yeah, it's quoting the spoiler-hidden video that leads to Bad Things.

Or there might be something else that does it too - it happened in PLEBA a few weeks ago, and Sicy came to fix it, and she had mentioned something else ...... that of course I can't remember.

/helpful

Aw good I'm not remembering crazy made up junk today at least!

Remember that one time when Bono came onstage riding a giant unicorn? And playing a saxophone? That was so random.

/crazy made-up junk

:wink:

024.jpg

*g* I know about your famous relative as well... and I can which person is the hockey player, but his name's escaping me at the moment :lol:

Meant to also say jem your Acropolis at night pic is so pretty!

Hi VP :wave: we always seem to miss each other here these days. :( I was just about to duck out for awhile.

Hey there! :hug: Yeah, I haven't been around a great deal lately, mostly just popping in for a driveby or two.

No - he just wanted to relax and enjoy the event. I don't blame him. :wink:

The hockey player is Rob Niedermayer (he's on the furthest left of the pic). :D

Aw, damn. If I had a famous relative I'd be like "you want to eat? SING." :lol:

I recognize that name - do I get points for that, at least? :wink:

Remember that one time when Bono came onstage riding a giant unicorn? And playing a saxophone? That was so random.

/crazy made-up junk

:lol:

Aw, damn. If I had a famous relative I'd be like "you want to eat? SING." :lol:

I recognize that name - do I get points for that, at least? :wink:

One of my younger cousins was all - 'I'm gonna jam with Barney, and then play hockey with Rob today! BOOYAH!' :lmao: It didn't happen, but it made me laugh every time he said it (out of those two's hearing, of course!). :lol:

Yes, you do get points. :D His older brother is Scott. You would hopefully recognize that name! :wink:

Daz, hope you had fun at Michaels. If you sign up with them online you get a 40% off coupon in your email every other week.
Thanks {hug}
I unfortunatey haven't gotten into the habit of checking my "junk mail" folder enough. Any mailing that I want- but the site has determined is junk mail goes right into that. Afdter a week it goes into the trash file!
SO I tend to miss this stuff! :der::lol:

:D I came home with Big Sticks!

At frst i was actaully going to look at I think it's by Exacto a ? $30 Plastic Portable Paper Cutter!:drool: I had gotten the Sunday papers wwhich HAS the Michael's flyer in it wehich is why i had tghe coupons.

Then I decided ....i'll put that off. I'd kind of just go b/c I would SURELY find something I would use the %50 coupon off for! Even if it was a $5 item I could get for $2.50- since it was running out tinght. Some savings is better than NO savings! :up: I was also thinking maybe yarn.

Hah- the one thing i forgot to look for- oh well an eventual %40 coupon will still be good enough- i started to look for it, then didn't see it and got distracted - were their tallish fake plants/ trees. They usually run ? $28 - $40 or so. So a 50%, or even 40% coupin would be great! Maybe it'll be a Xmas treat to myself.

I ended up getting something I wasn't looking for today - I wasn't thinking Interior Decorating the tall plants are a mix of ID and "just" having something GREEN (plant even if fake); especially as the days really showing their shortening now! :sad: wah!!!!

They are the 3 per group of tall 7 ft, 1/2 inch base ,thick twisting branches; natural, white, ?black, brown , and a shaded red-purple color. I got the red-purple color at $ 7.50 VS $14.00!:hyper::hyper: I had been thinking about them everytime I'd run into them - while getting other stuff! Also the thick, tall bamboo may still be furture running.

They will go right between the couch end by the corner where very little else would go. :happy:

And I got some cooool yarn. Light gray mixed fibers... a whistish thin nylon, acrylic, 18% mohair and laser-cut (rainbow effect) faceted sequins!
:drool: It's for a fantasy inspirational project that i was going to do in silver. This will be a less expensive, diiferent looking piece. somewhen later i may save up for the silver version as well. ALsoa got a j-10 crochet hook. It's oo small for this; they suggest a #16, and I have #15 somewhere. I have a #19 ( thqt know where it is :lol:), which might work for some of it. yay!:D

:nerd: Actually, I thought it was spoiler tags + you tube + QUOTE = broken interference. pretty sure just a video in a spoiler is fine, I've done it a few times, but if someone quotes it that where you run into trouble.

I obviously had a lot of catching up to do. :reject:

And I'm still :faint:ing over Mercy being played.

/crazy made-up junk

So wait, did they or did they not play Mercy
<--- dense

He's related by marriage. :D He married Barney's daughter (the pregnant woman standing next to him). They got married 4 years ago now, I think. :)

Cool! The closest I come to NHL fame - well, other than the whole Gretzky thing, lol - is that I sort of knew Chris Gratton when we were kids. Our dads worked together and were friends, and we camped together a few times.

One of my younger cousins was all - 'I'm gonna jam with Barney, and then play hockey with Rob today! BOOYAH!' :lmao: It didn't happen, but it made me laugh every time he said it (out of those two's hearing, of course!). :lol:

Yes, you do get points. :D His older brother is Scott. You would hopefully recognize that name! :wink:

He's your dad's brother? Isn't your mom musical, too?

I'm trying to remember. I *think* I know the name Rob more than Scott - was Scott more famous?

They did not. They rehearsed it, which was awesome, but it did not get played.

Mothers of the Disappeared took the place of MLK, however, and they were joined by this old dude, some Turkish singer, who sang part of it with them, and then apparently sang a Turkish folk tune or something?

They did not. They rehearsed it, which was awesome, but it did not get played.

Mothers of the Disappeared took the place of MLK, however, and they were joined by this old dude, some Turkish singer, who sang part of it with them, and then apparently sang a Turkish folk tune or something?

Thanks. I heard about MOTD on fb and I guess, now that I think about it, I would have seen about 8 gazillion fb statuses about it if they'd played Mercy. I did hear the soundcheck, thanks to GG.

Comet, if I am totally unable to concentrate on teaching tomorrow because my mind is in the slashy gutter, I will hold you personally responsible.

And Daz, glad you had a good trip to Michaels. And you brought home some wood :giggle:

Cool! The closest I come to NHL fame - well, other than the whole Gretzky thing, lol - is that I sort of knew Chris Gratton when we were kids. Our dads worked together and were friends, and we camped together a few times.

He's your dad's brother? Isn't your mom musical, too?

I'm trying to remember. I *think* I know the name Rob more than Scott - was Scott more famous?

That's cool too! :D

He's my dad's cousin. So I guess that makes him my first cousin? I have no clue how all those family relationships work or whatever. :lol: Yes - my mom's very musical. She was in a band in the 70's, and sung for many years with many prestigious choirs in the Vancouver area. :)

Scott's definitely more famous. He's played for the Canadian Olympic hockey teams, and has won at least one Stanley Cup. :)

I just know that in a year - maybe even a few months - I'm going to open my folders of 360 pictures to try and organize them and be appalled at how many I saved. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom