PGP: Apparently Hell Has Not Frozen Over Yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a fun thing I can share :reject:. So my oldest daughter joined a band. :D It's a band that got popular here in San Diego first, and now they have a pretty good fan base all over. (Not just USA, I know there's fans in Europe, Russia, etc) It's called Steam Powered Giraffe and they not only perform their music but they are entertainers, like a comedy/performance troupe as well. (sort of hard to explain!) The band members wear very detailed theatrical makeup on stage. You probably wouldn't even recognize my daughter, the one with the curly blonde hair, as it's all under a blue wig. LOL! It's pretty cool, and she's having a blast as they travel a lot all over for shows. She's been on the road a lot lately in the eastern United States. They will be doing some shows on the west coast this summer so I'll finally get to go see one soon. :lol:

Anyway, here are some photos. They are copyrighted to the photographer who owns them so I have to post her link with the photos :) )

© All Rights Reserved https://www.flickr.com/photos/trekkiebeth/

The band in full makeup. That's Chelsea on the left.

spgwaltergirlschelseacarolina2014geekshot.jpg~original

These are random pics of the band with some makeup closeups...
spgrabbitbunnycalico2014geekshot.jpg~original

spgdavidbunnycalico2014geekshot.jpg~original

spgwaltergirlschelseacarolinacalico2014geekshot.jpg~original

Here's one with Chelsea on left, the band's photographer (center), and the band's sound and show technician in back.
spgwaltergirlschelseacarolinaphotogbethtechsteve2014geekshot.jpg~original

You're right Daz, this place is definitely crickets! :ohmy:

By the way we DID barbeque last tonight and tonight, the weather has been so lovely. :D

Yeah it stormed here last night. We just made leftovers lol. Tonight's gonna be pizza simply bc Lil' CK is getting a certificate from the school Board of Education along with his fellow Destination Imagination teammates for the success of this year's team. (They won regionals in March and went to state in April.) I dont want to have to cook and then go back up to the school haha.

And WOW at those band photos! Just WOW. :ohmy: She looks like she is having a blast!

:love: how lovely :zen: :hug: comet!

we do get some days :love: like yours here in NYC
some times 2-4 day run at a time though if goes beyond too much of that it becomes :( droughty here

and PM for you BUT my net signal down so take your time may not see it for a few days nor me here

:hyper::hyper::hyper:missed Chelsea band stuff at first ( small window open)

LOOK at Them!!!

They're rocking it,
bebe!

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery exciting stuff :love:
please give her a rockin' hug from moi! AND BIG THUMBS up to her band mates!

of course it's hard work adding in more high level performance experrince but when it works

IT's MAGIC!!!

:ohmy: :( :(

Soooo sorry to hear this !
many prayers to your dad and you! Strenth and better outcomes ahead :hug::hug::hug:

Send bono to distract her...Stat!
:laugh: Thanks Dazz :hug:

Weldy, many thoughts and prayers for your dad, and for you. If I were closer to Chicago, I would go to the game with you! :love:
Thanks MsPurrl :hug:

Weldy>>>
you should take the tix with you. It's possible someone(s) will be hanging out outside a gate hoping someone has a tix to sell!

It's happened at concerts so.....
...hey, It's worth a try! :)

I did bring the extra tix with me but I didn't think about it until I read this post :doh:

The game was awesome! Yea the Yankees beat the Cubs on the 13th inning but it's cool....I got to see a good game.

We finally had one whole day of warm weather and sunshine all day yesterday. It was literally the very first time this year that you could be out in short sleeves all day. :doh: It was amazing, of course, and for the first time in months I did almost no stressing out, and just sat in the sun with my kids for hours. it was great, even though two of them were sick. Today, back to the clouds, cold and stress. This has been the worst year for weather that I can remember!

on monday our temps plummeted to +5 C on days and frost on nights :lol:

last time there was such a drop on temperature (from 30 ish to 5) was in 1984 an I remember that too :D

+13 here now and slooooowly going up, should be on 20ish usual temp next week

Last day of school? Lucky you! Most of the kids around here have a couple of weeks left.

Comet, Chelsea's band looks crazy! How did she get connected with them?

:wave: hey peeps

jvy- glad to hear you and kids FINALLY had a day for sunny nice weather! And the de-strssing along with it. :hug:
all the best

CK Oh well .... but it seems like at least on the eastern half of the country map your area should have a nice high sunny weather?

Well when I was in Grade School, JHS and HS we all got out around the last or almost the last week of June.

So was I suprised :ohmy: :yippie: :ohmy: when I found out in college we'd been done at the ead of May!

Last day of school? Lucky you! Most of the kids around here have a couple of weeks left.

Comet, Chelsea's band looks crazy! How did she get connected with them?

I remember school always letting out for us around the beginning of June. Like about the first week. :hmm:

Chelsea was friends with one of the guys who created and founded the band along with his twin (transgender) sister. Chelsea's friend is the (tall!) guitarist in the black hat and silver makeup. His twin sister wears the copper/aqua makeup and rabbit ears headpiece. Along with another friend the 3 of them portray robots on stage, and Chelsea and another girl portray the "Walter Girls", or the robot engineers and handlers. (I'm not entirely positive on the back story here because I'm new to it all... but I believe they wear the white makeup and blue hair as part of the act because it's the effect of long term exposure to the matter used to power the robots... I think... :hmm: :lol: ) During the show there are times the girls take part in certain songs, either playing along with the music or interacting in the dialogue and comedy, "repairing" the robots if they break down. They also handle all the merchandising for the band, selling the CDs and stuff before the shows. The guys have a background in mime, and got popular as street performers in San Diego's big central park (Balboa Park). They wrote music and became a band and became even more popular as they were a featured act at the San Diego Zoo for a couple years. They left there though to start touring and have done that now for a couple years I think. Chelsea's friend asked her to join the band as a "Walter Girl" early this year. She's having a lot of fun with it. :D

thinks for the baxck story! Chel's rocking the blue shorter hair! i was so excited about the band & her being in it....she looking good!

Ah i wondered b'c the vid of "Electricity is (?in) My Soul" i wuz waiting for Chelsea and her "fellow" Walter Girl to show up! :waiting: Plse find out if they're in any vids yet. Yeah, i wondered what the white jacket/tunic bottoned outfit represented.... it looked medicasl or miltary in a altered pop way. now i seee they're partly robot tech people :D

The make-up is fantastic, the perfomancing good and the song was nice. yay SPG

if you're in touch with zu, Comet, as she's a steampunk fan, I'm sure she'd get a kick out of this!

I sure wish I could remember what TV show I saw Steam Powered Giraffe on a while back. It lead me to looking up their videos on youtube. Getting old is a bitch!

thinks for the baxck story! Chel's rocking the blue shorter hair! i was so excited about the band & her being in it....she looking good!

Ah i wondered b'c the vid of "Electricity is (?in) My Soul" i wuz waiting for Chelsea and her "fellow" Walter Girl to show up! :waiting: Plse find out if they're in any vids yet. Yeah, i wondered what the white jacket/tunic bottoned outfit represented.... it looked medicasl or miltary in a altered pop way. now i seee they're partly robot tech people :D

The make-up is fantastic, the perfomancing good and the song was nice. yay SPG

if you're in touch with zu, Comet, as she's a steampunk fan, I'm sure she'd get a kick out of this!

Aw :cute: daz, thanks, I will tell her you checked them out and liked it! Yes the girls are not on stage all the time, and near the end of the show they duck out to be ready at the the merchandise area before the crowd leaves.

Just this weekend the band has been working on their latest video, so Chelsea got to help on that. Should be fun too see how it turned out!

Since the band has went through a lot of recent changes (some personnel change at the time Chelsea was asked to join), there's already some differences in the current shows as compared to older videos out there. Their current lineup is just the 3 "robots" (which includes the 2 original twins sibs) and the 2 Walter-girls. There were other musicians in there before but they have slim-lined the group down now to just the 5.
I haven't talked to Zooey since all this yet actually. I did send a message to her but haven't heard back from her yet.

One of the songs I really like is Honeybee. Has a sort of old-timey sound charm to it, and a really sweet song.

If you want to check it out... this is the original video so it's old now, and interesting to see that this was before the twin sis had started to perform transgender female, so she was still in a male persona here. Which seems really strange to me now! I'm so used to Bunny as a she! :cute:
(Also the curly haired guy in this video is no longer with the band. There's a different guy now instead of him.)
This is still probably one of my fave songs of theirs though. I love the harmonies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojYK6CW8gdw

I sure wish I could remember what TV show I saw Steam Powered Giraffe on a while back. It lead me to looking up their videos on youtube. Getting old is a bitch!

Was it a performance or something else? :hmm: Because I just remebered the twins were actually on a show called Oddities where they were shopping a curiosity shop for a new robot. :lol:

comet

ah I will check out the older vid when I get back to computer art where I can see the full vid and have earphones for the computer ( I have a pair of earbuds hiding in my apt somewhere :shifty: :( )

will be excited to see how their new vid turns out! yeah! :)

Back
Top Bottom