Ordinary Love Discussion (Part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you write something that has substance beyond the self-serving, you'll be the first to know.

And you'll be the one who'll notify me? That's awfully kind of you. I hate to break this to you, but this is just a place where people fire off their thoughts anonymously about a rock n roll band. Get off your high horse (even though you seem to like it up there).

This sentiment is becoming an increasingly common gambit by what I term the "U2 apologists" on fansite forums. You don't understand what U2 were trying to achieve, ergo you don't appreciate the song.

Like I said:

I'm struggling to recall where this sentiment or anything remotely resembling it was expressed by people who like the song. :shrug:

Like I said:

From your track record on these boards, I (and pretty much everyone else) know all too well that you're infinitely more interested in starting an argument that you'll be able to labor for several pages, than in participating in a civil debate. Sorry, but I'm not going to rise to the bait. So you're most welcome to look back on all the threads concerned with Ordinary Love to satisfy your own "curiosity". Or don't. Whatever tickles your fancy :wave:

This sentiment is becoming an increasingly common gambit by what I term the "U2 apologists" on fansite forums. You don't understand what U2 were trying to achieve, ergo you don't appreciate the song. It was used various times to defend the lyrical content of GOYB, now Ordinary Love. And it will probably be repeated ad nauseum for the next batch of howlers.

See, this is a load of crap.

I hate Get On Your Boots with the fire of a thousand suns, and think the song is a heaping pile of monkey shit.

I happen to really like Ordinary Love.

So please, speak for yourself.

From your track record on these boards, I (and pretty much everyone else) know all too well that you're infinitely more interested in starting an argument that you'll be able to labor for several pages, than in participating in a civil debate. Sorry, but I'm not going to rise to the bait. So you're most welcome to look back on all the threads concerned with Ordinary Love to satisfy your own "curiosity". Or don't. Whatever tickles your fancy :wave:

So you're basically accusing him of exactly what you're doing in this post?

:applaud:

You don't actually like those songs. You are a U2 apologist and you are just making excuses for the band.

baa_humbug.png

"On Thursday, 'Ordinary Love', the song the band wrote for Mandela:Long Walk To Freedom, was nominated for a Golden Globe Award and today the band wanted to share Paul Epworth's new version.

'We think Paul Epworth's mix is a very soulful, uplifting one and we hope our audience will agree,' says Bono. 'Nelson Mandela's life and times meant more to me than I can ever tell you, I would need a hundred songs to do that...but this complicated little love song to Winnie and South Africa is the one that landed on our lap.

'I want to thank the Hollywood Foreign Press for believing in us and the film. This is truly a great honour.'

We've just posted the new version of 'Ordinary Love' to SoundCloud - the band wanted you to hear it first. "

Wow this is the real version of Ordinary love!! No fade out, verses are switched, words are changed, less piano. Only bad thing is it sounds like the bass line has changed but whatever. Overall went from a B-/C+ to an A-/B+!! Also heads up to U2.com an actual exclusive and first to let people know about it.

Interesting to hear some new lyrics in there, but otherwise it's basically a reshuffling of the song with some new sounds over top. As far as remixes go it's not too bad.

No, I'm actually genuinely interested to know if you've got any hard, real examples to support your claim. If you don't, that's cool too, I guess there's nothing more to say.

So..people aren't really all that excited about this new mix, it's not generating any buzz on the internets at all. None whatsoever. Youtube and Twitter could care less. This spells really bad news for U2. Abandon ship!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom