Only "true" fans are entitled to rail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think most of us doing the joking (including me) are just bitter old fans who have been through 800 tours and seen the entitlement about some people when it comes to the rail, and these people are out there. They might not be posting here right now, but we know they're there, and just imagining their consternation at potentially not being able to have their 500th time directly in front of Bono is rather delicious.

This really says it all. I hate that I know about these people now, I'd much prefer to be ignorant like I was before I started seeing this band. The unfortunate truth is that there ARE these people out there and they are despicable humans that will do anything to get an advantage. They make me embarrassed to be a fan.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Not once did I even remotely say ALL red Zone people will be from out of town. I simply said what is likely to be true, that many of them will be. No different than people in the stands and people in GA. Some of you have really turned into pricks on this site since the 360 tour.

"What the fuck is wrong with you" is a pretty volatile way to start a post - and you wonder why people think you need to calm the hell down.

Every post you make is 'THIS IS MY OPINION' with the next sentence being
'and if you don't agree you are <insert insult here>'.

I wasn't being an 'internet tough guy' (I'm a girl, BTW) when I suggested you wear a nametag - just figured that the way you talk to people you may not be so proud to show your face in real life after telling people to basically fuck off. How many people in this thread know you by name? You can say "I met hundreds of U2 fans" all you want, but when you talk to people the way you do on here, I doubt you proudly say "I'm Hallucination on Interference" too much.

This really says it all. I hate that I know about these people now, I'd much prefer to be ignorant like I was before I started seeing this band. The unfortunate truth is that there ARE these people out there and they are despicable humans that will do anything to get an advantage. They make me embarrassed to be a fan.

The funny thing is that I have never experienced this with any other sort of fan group. Big, small, whatever. And yes, you occasionally get the bad apple or annoying person in your area, but I've rarely dealt with similar matters outside of this band's shows. It's amazing, really.

The funny thing is that I have never experienced this with any other sort of fan group. Big, small, whatever. And yes, you occasionally get the bad apple or annoying person in your area, but I've rarely dealt with similar matters outside of this band's shows. It's amazing, really.

If by "funny thing" you mean "sad" or "pathetic" I would agree with you.

They must've confiscated at least 3000 balloons. I know because I handed out that many and every damn person in line was having to hand over their balloons.

Oh, really? You mean a bunch of the balloons that I bagged in Regina to use for the show? Seriously calm down on the internet man. We probably met in real life. You post with such anger and vitriol and you don't even realize that we're all on the same side. :doh:

"What the fuck is wrong with you" is a pretty volatile way to start a post - and you wonder why people think you need to calm the hell down.

I wasn't being an 'internet tough guy' (I'm a girl, BTW) when I suggested you wear a nametag - just figured that the way you talk to people you may not be so proud to show your face in real life after telling people to basically fuck off. How many people in this thread know you by name? You can say "I met hundreds of U2 fans" all you want, but when you talk to people the way you do on here, I doubt you proudly say "I'm Hallucination on Interference" too much.
I'm inclined to agree with you EdgeFest. While Hallucination has made some fair points, he hasn't done it in a moderate way at all. It's pretty much my way or the highway, or, my way or you're a F*&kin& AssH*&e!

Oh, really? You mean a bunch of the balloons that I bagged in Regina to use for the show? Seriously calm down on the internet man. We probably met in real life. You post with such anger and vitriol and you don't even realize that we're all on the same side. :doh:

I once personally handed out 3,000 balloons. It took me an average of six seconds per ballon (the line was long, and while some people quickly grabbed their balloon and ventured off, others of course wanted to pose for a picture or asked for an autograph). And way, at :06 per balloon, I was able to hand out 10 balloons per minute, or 600 per hour. With my lunch and restroom break, it was a long six hour day of doing NOTHING but handing out balloons. Oh, but what a carnival it was!

Haha that's all I did the last few tours. I met a lot of people on the Vertig tour and the 360 tour and got along with them prefcetly well and have no issue telling people who I am on here. Kevin Putnam. Go ahead look me up. If you don't like the way I blatantly call people out for their bullshit too bad. When a guy continues to make posts basically referencing something he thinks I said even though I've made it very clear numerous times I never said ALL the people in red zones are from out of town I will start my post by asking "What the fuck is wrong with you?" because it's very clear he's doing nothing more than being a prick and trying to troll. I've notiecd a lot of attitudes around this place have changed since the 360 tour. A lot of long time members who have racked up huge posts counts who for some reason think they are the king shits now and try to bully other members.It wasn't like that before. Like someone else mentioned maybe they are just bitter and jaded fans now or something but even if that's the case it doesn't excuse them for being assholes on the internet.

Are you serious? :lol: This isnt a competetion girly. Thanks for bringing balloons but I'm well aware what this was for as I helped come up with the idea for it and helped run the twitter page for it. The red and white balloons were to represent Canada as well as the RED and ONE campaigns. I know we're all on the same team, unless of course I express an opinion of not being thrilled with the possible relocation of red zones and why others might not be thrilled as well and if I express that I like being on the rail and that I like lining up all day. We're on the same team for sure unless I express those things. Then I'm a rail bitch, a line nazi, and have no right to be anything less than grateful that I'm going to U2 and will forever have people making comments to mock a comment they think I said but never did.

I don't care who brought the ballons and if you did great but you can't deny how lame it was that the security outside the venue confiscated most of them. I can't find where you quoted this from but I'm pretty sure I was talking about the experiences of lining up for GA and how lame the security was for taking away everyone's balloons before entering the venue and then LYING to us that the band wanted no balloons on the field. Why you would cherry pick this line as an excuse for you to troll and tell me to calm down is beyond me.

I once personally handed out 3,000 balloons. It took me an average of six seconds per ballon (the line was long, and while some people quickly grabbed their balloon and ventured off, others of course wanted to pose for a picture or asked for an autograph). And way, at :06 per balloon, I was able to hand out 10 balloons per minute, or 600 per hour. With my lunch and restroom break, it was a long six hour day of doing NOTHING but handing out balloons. Oh, but what a carnival it was!

I did the same in Edmonton. Handed out about 1800. 900 Red and 900 white. It was fun. It was an excuse to talk to everyone in line all day. I also remember handing out 2500 THANK YOU signs in Portland on the Vertigo tour. I had to pack an extra suitcase to bring them all. Actually they let me and my friend in the venue early to place one in each cup holder in the lower bowl sections along the sides of the venue. We also had someone Miroslava(she used to post here) hand out like 500 or so on the floor in GA. I think in total we had over 11 000 signs that the fans brought. It was pretty cool when the band stopped during the intro to Elevation to acknowledge the Thank You from the fans.

Are you serious? :lol: This isnt a competetion girly. Thanks for bringing balloons but I'm well aware what this was for as I helped come up with the idea for it and helped run the twitter page for it. The red and white balloons were to represent Canada as well as the RED and ONE campaigns. I know we're all on the same team, unless of course I express an opinion of not being thrilled with the possible relocation of red zones and why others might not be thrilled as well and if I express that I like being on the rail and that I like lining up all day. We're on the same team for sure unless I express those things. Then I'm a rail bitch, a line nazi, and have no right to be anything less than grateful that I'm going to U2 and will forever have people making comments to mock a comment they think I said but never did.

I don't care who brought the ballons and if you did great but you can't deny how lame it was that the security outside the venue confiscated most of them. I can't find where you quoted this from but I'm pretty sure I was talking about the experiences of lining up for GA and how lame the security was for taking away everyone's balloons before entering the venue and then LYING to us that the band wanted no balloons on the field. Why you would cherry pick this line as an excuse for you to troll and tell me to calm down is beyond me.

I can't tell if you're just horrible at expressing yourself in the written word or just an asshole.

I can't tell if you're just horrible at expressing yourself in the written word or just an asshole.

When people are being assholes to me I can be the bigger asshole. No big deal but the fact is there is a lot of people here who think that I am the one wanting everyone to see things my way when in reality its a select few who started bashing people on this site for expressing they were upset about some things and expressing what things they liked and then started tossing out things like calling people line nazis and rail bitches and telling people they should just be grateful to go to U2 as though they arent and arent allowed to express their opinion. If you or anyone think I or others haee to take that shit, well fuck that. I dont need to sit back while members on here make snide condescending remarks about me and others and then blatantly misquoting me to further their douchey bully tactics. P

There is the passive agressive people who make backhanded comments and little vague remarks that dont go noticed by those its not intended for and then theres people like me who shoot straight. I can tell you which type of people are better people in person. Maybe I seem iek the asshole here but in person youd appreciate someone like me much more than the person who is constantly making condescending comments and then saying acting innocent.

You've already been told to calm down by one of the mods.

You definitely do have some anger issues.
There isnt an angry bone in my body. You dont know me as a person, you cant hear my tone of voice. You said maybe we did meet in Edmonton and maybe we did but Im absolutely convinced that if we did I probably though oh my god get this person away from me.

Hallucination, I already asked you once to ease off the antagonistic tone and insults. Even if you're not getting worked up in real life, your posts certainly come across that way.

I will rail against whomever or whatever I want, damn it!

I don't have to be a true fan of U2 to rail against them.

Oh, sorry.

j1uprwtqno4xooxndtv0_zps0bnxdn33.gif

340x-11.gif

What is your church's phone number?

I have no idea what this means but whatever. I havent been to church in about 25 years............

I'm bored of this anyways. If people went back and read where all this started from they'd see without a doubt where it started and who instigated it and it wasn't me that's for damn sure. The red zone topic took on a life of it's own and I wasn't about to sit back and let people shit on me and then continue to do so in other threads in a pasive aggresive way for expressing an opinion.

I have no idea what this means but whatever. I havent been to church in about 25 years............

Goes back to last year when a member here put too much peronal info out there and someone called his church...my way of letting you know that you might want to keep real life info off the public Interference pages. (and an opportunity to rehash an old joke)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom