Official Cricket Thread Part 237

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope you guys have seen the #MCGsobig trend on Twitter aftwr Hayden said NZ had no chance at the ginormous MCG. Classics tweets. Lots of Kiwi jokes you might not get though

Honestly this is turning into a bit of a fizzer. Required run rate's gone past ten. I don't see India maintaining that rate and holding their wickets for over seventeen overs.

Hope you guys have seen the #MCGsobig trend on Twitter aftwr Hayden said NZ had no chance at the ginormous MCG. Classics tweets. Lots of Kiwi jokes you might not get though

I just saw this. Hahahaha.

I love the one somebody posted about how Tony Abbott just closed some remote communities at extra cover.

Game over. See you Sunday, Australia.

Though why on earth did Dhoni not dive there?! He would've had a smidgen of a chance. Instead he just gave up.

Nice to see some fake interest in the well being of Yadav after he's hit in the face with a bouncer.

As much as I want NZ I can't see them beating Aus again.

I'm oddly calm right now about facing Australia. After Tuesday's exploits I feel like New Zealand can take anyone and anything that's thrown at them.

I'm sure come Sunday I'll be shitting bricks and will be barely able to sit still.

Reckon the Aussies will win, they just have such a brilliant and varied bowling attack

Yeah check out all those great spin option- oh wait.

I'll take the Kiwi bowling attack. We won't win, but I still rate our bowling attack above Australia's.

Two of the three best bowling attacks in the world.

I still don't know the purpose of Xavier Doherty. Is Lyon that incapable of playing in ODIs?

I hate to think how good the Afghan bowling attack would be if they had, you know, money and infrastructure. There was some serious raw talent on that team that could've been very threatening if harnessed properly.

Scrub your mouth out for mentioning Watson in the same breath as real cricketers.

NZ only has four front-line bowlers.

I assume you're omitting Corey Anderson, despite the fact he's in the top eight for bowling averages and top twelve for wickets at this World Cup.

Also, New Zealand have four of the top twelve wicket-takers; Australia has just one.

I got a bit emotional reading this:

Martin Crowe said:
My precarious life ahead may not afford me the luxury of many more games to watch and enjoy. So this is likely to be it. The last, maybe, and I can happily live with that. To see the two sons I never had, Ross Taylor and Marty Guptill, run out in black, in sync with their close comrades, drawing on all their resolve and resilience, will be mesmerically satisfying. I will hold back tears all day long. I will gasp for air on occasions. I will feel like a nervous parent.

Corey Anderson with the ball is like a more effective variant of modern day Watson. I don't think Watson's economy rate is particularly high though.

Back
Top Bottom