Official Cricket Thread Part 104 off 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The crowd in Hamilton seems so sedate by comparison to the Adelaide crowd. :lol:

Funny to think that at the same stage South Africa were 60 or so runs behind.

I think this is all starting to go a bit awry for Zimbabwe, unfortunately. But a very good effort, and the likes of the Windies should be rather concerned.

Looks all over for Zimbabwe now, but it's been a very impressive effort and they'll have a lot of the rest of their group worried.

Meanwhile, not the ideal start for Pakistan with Younis Khan falling cheaply.

Horrible running by Sohail and Shehzad there, and even worse fielding by India! Should have been a run-out at the bowler's end, yet it seems nobody called for it, Dhoni had no idea the chance was there, and he fumbled the ball at the striker's end. Hilarious - and Pakistan incredibly lucky to not be two down.

Pakistan have scored almost nothing in the past 5 overs. What's going on?

Stunning wicket maiden by Ashwin just there.

Pakistan taking this way too slowly. Required rate has just nudged past seven.

Disagree, seven is still extremely gettable, they'll wanna wriggle on but no need to panic.

Keep batting the way they are though, and it will blow out to eight or nine by the time they get to the fortieth over, and then it'll come down to wickets in hand. Will they have enough? If you bat really deeply, like Australia or South Africa, you can have confidence that you can easily score nine an over for the final ten overs with five wickets in hand. If you're Pakistan? I'm not so sure...

But I do hope this ends up being a nailbiter, especially since the first three games have ended up with clear-cut results. If you'd said on Friday that the closest of those three would be South Africa/Zimbabwe, nobody would've believed you!

India finally get Shehzad after multiple opportunities! Big wicket - and a great catch after almost coughing it up on first attempt.

Edit: shit and now Maqsood!

How the fuck could the third umpire give Akmal out? That's an appalling decision. There may have been the mildest scratch on snicko, but you can't be sure, especially not with all the noise out there. In a situation like that, surely benefit of the doubt lies with the batsman - hell, surely in a situation with so much doubt and uncertainty, the basic principle of DRS is to stick with the umpire's original decision, which in this case was not out.

Yep, that decision was far more significant to the course of the match than last night's, and with Afridi unable to conjure some magic it now seems the game is totally gone.

Can't believe Misbah has never got an ODI century - especially given his average!

Wonder if he can get one here. They need two runs per ball to win, so victory's probably off the cards, but a century would at least salvage something for Pakistan.

What a start for the Irish, and Darren Bravo went for a diamond duck! Awful communication between the wickets.

Edit: watching the replays, it wasn't even Gayle's fault. What on earth did Bravo think he was doing?! Basically just watched himself get run out...

If Zimbabwe and Ireland qualify from this group at the expense of these hapless Pakistan and West Indies teams, I honestly wouldn't be that surprised.

I won't be surprised if the Ireland vs Zimbabwe game on 7 March will be a mini-final, determining which of them will get the fourth finals perth from Pool B. They're in the perfect pool for strong minnows.

Dockrell just got Gayle and Samuels in one over! Ireland seriously on top now.

Fuck the West Indies off already. This sucks. Could easily be SA/Ind/Zim/Ire getting through.

Thinking about going to the SA/Ind game at the G.

This is the same position Zimbabwe had SA in yesterday. But somehow I can't see these Windies posting a score of 300+ from here.

Yeah, I'd have a lot more confidence in the South African tail than the West Indian one! :lol:

I imagine once either Simmons or Sammy falls, Ireland should get through the tailenders reasonably quickly.

Sammy's getting ominous though. To Ireland's credit, they are sticking with their plan and retaining composure. Hopefully a wicket will come soon.

Back
Top Bottom