Official Cricket Thread Part 104 off 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, really didn't think the Windies would put on a century partnership. Sammy a class player, fighting on. The bowler Mooney looks in considerable difficulty too. Ireland should take him off.

Such a shame that ended up being basically a re-run of the Zimbabwe game yesterday. At least Ireland kept fighting and got the break-through, but it was much too late to make a difference.

Still, if they chase well, this is not impossible. I would've fancied them more to charge down 260-70 though.

I heard Pride and Elevation earlier too. :up:

Now come on Ireland, time for the first successful chase of the tournament!

The Irish are doing a great job both maintaining the necessary run rate and keeping wickets in hand. This is promising, though I don't want to get my hopes up too soon.

Oh bugger, Stirling just went and got caught behind on 92! But Joyce just reached his fifty, so Ireland still well in this.

Holder just dropped a gimme off Niall O'Brien, and possibly the match too.

Now they need only fifty runs with more than twelve overs left and eight wickets in hand. I think we're about to see the first successful chase of the Cup.

Ireland getting the wobbles now, it's like they're nervous with victory so close at hand!

Sri Lanka were set a target above 300 by New Zealand. They failed comprehensively.
England were set a target above 300 by Australia. They failed comprehensively.
Zimbabwe were set a target above 300 by South Africa. They failed, but put up a good fight.
Pakistan were set a target above 300 by India. They failed comprehensively.

Ireland were set a target above 300 by the West Indies. Despite a little wobble late, they won decisively.

What a massive fuck you to the ICC, their failure to give associates enough games against full members, and restricting the 2019 World Cup to just ten teams. The only chases worth a damn so far have been by the minnows.

Oh, and there have only been six successful chases of 300+ in World Cup history.

Ireland have done THREE of them.

Sri Lanka were set a target above 300 by New Zealand. They failed comprehensively.
England were set a target above 300 by Australia. They failed comprehensively.
Zimbabwe were set a target above 300 by South Africa. They failed, but put up a good fight.
Pakistan were set a target above 300 by India. They failed comprehensively.

Ireland were set a target above 300 by the West Indies. Despite a little wobble late, they won decisively.

What a massive fuck you to the ICC, their failure to give associates enough games against full members, and restricting the 2019 World Cup to just ten teams. The only chases worth a damn so far have been by the minnows.

:applaud: Well said!

It'd be all kinds of awesome if Ireland qualify from this group.

And would you really bet against them after this performance?

So when are Ireland getting test status.

Been asking that question since 2007.

Fact is, it won't happen for a VERY long time yet. English cricket have it too good that they can just coax the better players to County Cricket, and give them England caps if they are good enough.

The decision is garbage though, because it means there is no more room for expansion while they are the best associate. Afghanistan, Canada and the other minnows that have been performing well for a long time don't stand a chance while English cricket blocks the Irish passage.

How good would Ireland be if they had Eoin Morgan before England ruined him, and Boyd Rankin back.

Hell, I reckon it would be great if a test playing Ireland could have a short tour against an Australia A side. Stupid England.

Really hope Afghanistan beats England. And Ireland beats India. Nothing like the Associates sticking it to the Big 3.

Australia is too strong to lose to one of the underdogs, but I can easily see the above happening this world cup.

If Ireland make the final eight for the second time in three tournaments, surely there's no way the ICC can keep denying them Test status.

New Zealand vs Scotland today. Just posted on Facebook how I love this game being scheduled in Dunedin - which is the Scottish Gaelic name for Edinburgh. Somehow, though, even the Scottish vibe in the city probably won't save the Scotland team from a belting. I'd like to see New Zealand's openers really click again, and Ross Taylor to get some runs on the board.

Really hope Afghanistan beats England. And Ireland beats India. Nothing like the Associates sticking it to the Big 3.

Hahaha that would be fantastic.

This is brutal. It's a shame when the weak associates bat first. They'll never win games batting first. They need to bowl, get a few lucky early wickets, build pressure, and somehow had on for a win while batting. It's the only way

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Scotland have stemmed the bleeding for now. Is this going to be another "lose 4-5 early wickets, go on to post 300" innings? :lol:

(If they do that, I'll be seriously impressed.)

Scotland all out for 142. Four golden ducks, plus a second-ball duck. Commentators say that Scotland's never copped five ducks before.

My man Vettori mopped up the tail too, 3/24 off 8.2. :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom