October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles Part III - Be there and be part of History.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The live feed is now showing. What cameras do they have going over the crowds?

Little slippity do dahs from Adam's bass during Magnificent.

Bono, "Get up off your big fat ass!" before Mysterious Ways!

Man something is off with this show. It may be the worst crowd I have ever seen at a U2 concert, and the band sounds off a bit. Kind of akward so far.

They might be nervous!

I'm watching but listening through headphones.....

Much better than the computer speakers.

They might be nervous!

I'm watching but listening through headphones.....

Much better than the computer speakers.

Yeah lol it actually is getting better, I think. Thanks for the headphones idea as well it really does make the sound better.

Cant wait to find out if thats a new song, or just nsomething Bono made up on the spot. Heard it again and it said: "God only knows the way I feel about you. God only knows I'm not a stranger in the eyes of the maker." :up:

Cant wait to find out if thats a new song, or just nsomething Bono made up on the spot. Heard it again and it said: "God only knows the way I feel about you. God only knows I'm not a stranger in the eyes of the maker." :up:

Those are snippets of God Only Knows ( :heart: ) by The Beach Boys and of The Maker ( :heart: ) by Daniel Lanois. Check them out on the Pet Sounds and Acadie albums. Great stuff! :up:

Back from the concert. Other than the craziness that was the GA line (the Rose Bowl will be hearing from me), it was a great show! I was in the inner circle and the energy was amazing. I thought the crowd was even better than Vegas and the sound :drool:. I cannot wait to see the footage.

Oh and the BEP had Slash! play guitar during a cover of "Sweet Child". That was awesome.

Oh and preferred parking FTW! I got home to Santa Monica in an hour after the show.

Back from the historically insane Rose Bowl show!!

Incredible is all I can say! I will post more tomorrow after a decent amount of sleep. Have to stay up a bit after having Lila's brownies and a bacon wrapped hot dog in the after party in the lot!

I miss all my new peeps already! Goodnight!

When will we be able to access the rebroadcast...I have to see this again...after I've had some decent sleep...3 hrs just doesn't do it for me.

AWESOME SHOW! Met some great people while baking in the sun in the GA line. Tim (Lyrical Drug??) Was awesome as was the English fellow we met.

The energy was amazing. Thank God I took today off. Getting into Rosebowl and leaving the Rosebowl were the 2 hardest things about the show.

It was awesome seeing people try to push and shove their way to the front, past all of us who got there and held onto our spots, get kicked out!

The youtube broadcast of this show was amazing. Fantastic audio and video! Its just amazing this was viewed live over the internet all around the world. I remember when MTV played the Mexico City show back in 1997. It was tape delayed and slightly edited and only viewed in North America.

Perhaps youtube will now replace the TV Set!

I'm exhausted and sore. Semi-conscious :crack:

I can post more later. Quick comments though - I never heard of anyone planning to protest because of the giant clusterfuck that is/was GA. We were all numbered & tagged, but at some point, the chill line turned into a mass mob of people and people trying to move up/cut, and security being non-existent. The first "batch" of 250 going in were not all numbered below 250, and we could see some were not numbered at all. Trying to tell that to security was like banging your head on the wall. They didn't care about the people, just the stadium. There was no pat down or anything, so weapons could have been snuck in, cameras too. And the whole water bottle thing - like you couldn't bring water in with the caps on the bottle. But in the stadium right after we got our spot, we bought water bottles - with caps :der:

OK, breakfast calls.

I loved meeting all the blue crackers. Will post in appropriate thread.
And now there's more dates announced :crack: :panic: :hyper:

BTW Dan, where was this girl you speak of - under that tent? Unless of course you meant me :flirt: :lol:

Great show. The GA line was a complete cluster. The concert was great. Sound awesome. Can't wait until Anahem in June!

Question to people that have been to other shows, was the inner circle tighter than normal? We had one guy pass out next to us during Breathe and a couple of other peeps who had to be pulled out where we were standing. It was so tight if I lifted my arms up I couldn't get them back down. In past tours the venue never let it get that packing in there. Just curious if Vegas or Phoenix was similar.

Also, Zooropa_Fit you rock. Loved how you kept your ground and fought for your group of friends from this board. Awesome. Again, sorry I stepped on your hand before the concert. Still feel bad about that.

We had 3 people pulled out on the outer rail not too far from us. One was an old man & his wife, both diabetics I think. And then 2 other guys got thrown out for trying to push their way to the front I believe. People were chanting 'asshole' and got securite over & both guys were pulled out :up:

For a few seconds this morning I thought about getting GA for Anaheim, but I was so happy to have my seat last night. I tried to go over and say hi to everybody before the gates opened but the scene over there was so crazy, pushing, barricades being knocked over, police lining up. :panic: I'm glad that everyone who was there had a good time and got home safe. The show was amazing from where I was sitting. I really enjoyed the picnic in the park beforehand and the opportunity to relax before the show. The Black Eyed Peas was a great opener and really got the crowd pumped up for the main event. 100.3 was playing some songs from the show this morning, sounded so good! Can't wait for the DVD.

I agree with all of the great things said about last nights Rose Bowl show. Fantastic.

• YAY to the BEP's bringing Slash on stage.
  • Yay to AJ giving us water.
  • Yay to the band performing another great show on the heals of an equally Edge on Fire performance in Vegas.
Good karma to the good folks.

• BOO too - Venue security f&^%ed up HUGE with the 'original' GA line and not having a clue what they were doing - at all about anything.
  • BOO too - The two girls that made the second line and lied about the first... and had fake U2 personnel badges trying to 'validate' their line... Karma will deal with them.
  • BOO too - having a mere 4 porta-potties near the GA line. Have others located far - far - away.
  • BOO too - the rude 'fans' that were line jumping and being disrepectful.
  • And a big BOO too - the jerk that not only pushed my friend to the ground when we entered but WALKED - not over - but ON her to get past. Jerk!

Supposedly those two girls that started the line at 2:00am got booted from said line. :happy: Karma is a biatch!

Hope your friend is okay! How horrible. :(
Luckily there were no serious injuries that we heard of.

Can you add a BOO to the preferred parking of Lot I and how far away it was? And the fact that no one knew WTF was going on with the parking situation at 7:00am when we arrived, or even throughout the day it seemed.

Damn:angry:

This is the only one Lila & Maddy could go to:down::down:

Although w/ 413 & 414 they should still be close

Wait I just had a great idea if Carlos is Front Row again like in Vegas Maddy can say she & her Mom are trying to get to her PaPa Carlos:hug:

That's actually what we did.... :shifty:

All I can say is WOW. Both good and bad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom