October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles Part III - Be there and be part of History.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I accept that GA people will always want to camp out, but if the venue policy is "no camping out" or whatever, then that policy should be enforced. It's only when official policy collides with "reality" that double lines, bogus lines, etc. occur. Official policy and reality should match, that's all I'm saying. :)

I accept that GA people will always want to camp out, but if the venue policy is "no camping out" or whatever, then that policy should be enforced. It's only when official policy collides with "reality" that double lines, bogus lines, etc. occur. Official policy and reality should match, that's all I'm saying. :)

The problem is it's just impossible to enforce the policy. The supposed policy was not able to be enforced at any venue so far this entire tour, Europe and the US. That should tip the venue off.

You actually have a good point here Sandy:up:

I can see the people arriving at the appointed time according to the Venue ie; @ 8a.m. & feeling like "WTF how are there already 300 people in front of us......"

I have GA's, and I'm not gonna get there until between 1 and 2.....based on estimations where do you think i will be?

In the parking lot:ohmy:

LOL Just kidding :D

For both of The GA shows I did (Chicago One & Charlottesville) I arrived at the stadium around 5p.m. even walked into GA/FLOOR AREA for Chicago One @ 6p.m. & was able to get into Inner Circle/Pit four rows back from FOS Adam's Side but I am telling you the SWEET SPOT IMHO is Outside Rail Edge's Side as close as you can get to the black security gate or FRONT ROW:up:

But just to add this is The Rose Bowl which will be filmed & you are looking at about 30,000 more people than Chicago Uno:huh:

I have RZ 1, with the Backstage tour, and the blackberry hospitality suite!!! Also, officially tally of tickets is near 107,000 people.

I am so excited. It's been over four years since my last U2 concert. I plan on getting there around 2:30/3 and if I get into the Ellipse/Circle, so be it, that is my plan. I don't care about the rail. I just want to be in the Inner Circle. If not, oh well, it's U2 and GA (always better than the stands)!!!

Have fun today, guys. :wave:

You all have no idea what I would do to be at the show tonight! It's going to be incredible... the largest in the history of the country!

Short of being assigned a number when you BUY the GA ticket, the only real way to make it fair is to line up and wait, or have the venue distribute wristbands.

I hope people aren't lame enough to protest. Let's just try and fix it for next summer.

Since this is being filmed, you know it would bring out the douchebags who disregard any formality.

:shrug:

You're right, venue handing out wristbands is the way to avoid BS like this. And if they really want no early/overnight line ups, they would hand out wristbands and then at a designated time randomly pull one number and that number becomes #1. It would disappoint some people as you essentially lose control of your own fate but it would truly be the fair way to do it and it would avoid MOST of the drama associated with line up.

I saw a bunch of regular joes walking around the Vegas stage before BEFPs came on. Is that part of the backstage tour?

And FUCK. 107,000?

:crack:

I don't think so. I've seen that at 5 shows now (at Boston 1, some guy even sat behind Larry's drums to pose for a picture :ohmy:). I was curious too and asked a couple I met in in NJ who had done the Red/Backstage package in Chicago about it. They said they did not get to go out on the stage (LOL but they did see Larry coming out of an elevator although they were told beforehand not to talk to band if they ran into anyone so they did their best to ignore him).

A little after 2p.m. E.D.T.:wave::wave:

The Interference Set List Party has begun !!!!!!!!!!:hyper::hyper:

O brother I know I better get my old ass a nap sometime:|

i am doing park and ride from old towne pasadena...does anyone know how frequently shuttles come, and how long the ride to the rosebowl is? :) thanks!!!!

i am doing park and ride from old towne pasadena...does anyone know how frequently shuttles come, and how long the ride to the rosebowl is? :) thanks!!!!

I unfortunately don't know about frequency, but it's a less than 2-mile ride on a dedicated road, so I think the ride is quite short. I'm planning on walking if the wait looks ugly.

#583, it's getting pretty damn hot and sunny here. my car is alllll the way in lot I but there is a shuttle that goes about half the way which is nice. It's too bad about the mess up with yesterdays wristbands, but they were never guarantees anyways. maybe something can be worked out before doors, fingers crossed.

Almost 900 people @ 9a.m. :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

I don't have a problem with that.....as long as there are physically 899 people in front of you. It is not fair that people leave, go back to the hotel to sleep, shower, etc. while I am out there at 5AM or earlier and my ass will be in that line the whole day, excpet to grab a bite to eat or go to the bathroom. If I show at 8AM and I am 900 in line but I only see like 100 people those hundreds of other people are SOL!!! That is only fair! I say this because when we got to Norman, OK to the stadium at 5AM for the line we were #130 ane there were only 34 people there. We counted!! IT WAS 48 degrees outside and if we were going to show up that early and sit in the cold then those other people in front of us were going to have to do that too. Not fair that they were back at the hotel getting sleep and warmed up while we were freezing all of our body parts off!! That is why those lists are bogus because most of the people in the front of the line were not physically there in line for 2 days or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom