NYC #8 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:love:

Thanks to you and DG for the laughs and for making it bearable. :)

:kiss:

EDE1C4F4-2BA1-447B-8F08-2E0A7D53FA11_zpsifnws3w6.gif

Reviews from people who have actually been to shows, some have concurred mate, but lets totally say that's it not because we all watch setlists on the internet

Yeah, one does have to be there. The production really is extraordinary, and Bono has A LOT to do -- there's a reason the set lists are static. It's very choreographed and thought out/through. And yet, if you haven't seen it before, or if you're like me and you tried really hard not to know what the order was, it comes off spontaneous and joyful and powerful, the flow is flawless. I've seen a dozen shows since Popmart, and this was the most satisfied I've ever felt after a U2 show. Literally everyone walked out with that freshly fucked look on their face.

I'd say this is the most well-executed show since Zoo TV.

Last edited:
Wow, I feel like this leg only began yesterday. Can't believe it's done.

Thank god I won't have shows intruding on my work day any more... but oh godddd the early start for the European shows will be rough.

How many folks missed Bruce cause they left early to start the list for Torino 1?

:lmao:

Thanks to all who streamed, kept setlists, gave sound check reports, everything; it's been great. Can't wait for Torino!!!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Nice work!

These guys are putting on an extraordinary show, but this:

• Volcano (16.7%)
  • California (8.3%)
  • The Troubles (11.1%)
is pathetic. I know they can't, on a nightly basis, play these songs from the new album in addition to the ones they're already playing, but these appearance percentages are appalling low.

Oh, and this:

• EBW (100%)
  • SFS (100%)
  • Reach Me (0%)
  • Sleep Like A Baby (0%)
is just downright fucking disgusting! :angry:

I-E is an amazing show so the setlists don't need to change greatly. Being there in person really makes you appreciate the spectacle...

...But! If you're a 3 1/2-decade-old band with a dozen+ albums playing 8 nights in one city... and 90% of the songs are the same? That's a total joke. Either switch it up more during that run, or give half of those dates to locations that got passed up.

Other than that, I have enjoyed this tour so far.

glad to see Party Girl and Springsteen happened. See you all in a month or if anything crazy gets announced (2016?!). Thanks for helping to keep the magic alive after my incredible LA shows. Next time is definitely gonna be GA.

:wave:

I would also like to thank prbiker for the set lists each night, and to all of the rest of you insufferable wankers for playing along. 'Twill be interesting to see how the set list changes for Europe. :wave: :hug:

I saw Dirty Dancing on the west end. They didn't sing. It was weird. Lead was Irish who didn't hide his accent to play 50s/60s time period American Catskills dancing instructor or as you know him Swayze.

Hi all. Sorry I'm late I was having cellular issues. But just wanted to inform everyone that the show is awful. I was at every show during this leg and they were all really bad. Even though I wasn't paying attention to what was going on in front of me, I was maintaining my spreadsheets full of data analysis and what I can say is that on paper these shows were horrible. And what was even worse is that it seems like everyone around me was having fun. It's like they didn't even care that the band played the same songs as the night before. It almost appeared as if these people that were having fun weren't there the night before and didn't follow the set lists every night. It was just a really odd vibe and I was really frustrated to see all the people having fun at the shows.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom