NYC #8 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greatest show and tour ever? Come on mate. Get your head out of your arse.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Reviews from people who have actually been to shows, some have concurred mate, but lets totally say that's it not because we all watch setlists on the internet

And we're finally done with North America. I get to have a life now! Have a great "month off" folks, hope to see you again in September for the European setlist parties! :wave:

Madison Square Garden - New York City, NY - July 31, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Vertigo / God Save the Queen (snippet)
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Fly (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Burning Down the House (snippet)
14 - Desire
15 - Party Girl
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky / 19 (snippet)
18 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Beautiful Day / Hungry Heart (snippet) / New York, New York (snippet)
20 - With or Without You
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
21 - City of Blinding Lights
22 - Mother and Child Reunion (snippet) / Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
23 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (with Bruce Springsteen)
24 - Stand by Me (with Bruce Springsteen)
25 - "40"

And when he said that with regard to the tour, I think he means from how the band have felt throughout etc, I mean the tour has come through some rough stuff deaths and accidents wise, but still ended up being amazing

I'm crying. I can't believe I'm sitting here crying, sobbing, because the NA tour is over (for now).

So great to reconnect with you insufferable wankers at these setlist parties. Have a great August, and see you in September!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Why? Why shouldn't an audience go in to a gig by a band they love and have high expectations?

Let's take another band who I really like, and who I have similarly high expectations for - The Cure. If I went and saw all 12 Cure gigs in 2014, I would have seen 68 unique songs. If I saw the last 12 U2 gigs, I would have seen 43 unique songs. That number in itself is fine. What is not fine is I would have seen 19 of those songs at every single gig. If I had seen those twelve Cure gigs, the only song I would have seen every time would be "Close To Me".

Because U2 are U2. And U2 have never been known for off the cuff, crazy setlists? And if you are expecting more, then maybe it's you who needs to temper your expectations, given what we know about their history?

For all the bitching and complaining that people do, at least U2 do, at the very minimum, change out a song or two here or there. There are a lot of performing acts out there who do not deviate from their setlists at all, over an entire tour.

Thanks to our great host! :wave: y'all!

Because U2 are U2. And U2 have never been known for off the cuff, crazy setlists? And if you are expecting more, then maybe it's you who needs to temper your expectations, given what we know about their history?

For all the bitching and complaining that people do, at least U2 do, at the very minimum, change out a song or two here or there. There are a lot of performing acts out there who do not deviate from their setlists at all, over an entire tour.

It actually makes me laugh to be fair, most gigs I have been to with other bands you have been lucky to get to 20 songs a night, and literally one song change per gig,

but because there are an elusive few who change nightly people think U2 should? when they literally never ever have apart from maybe lovetown,

Not a bad way to cap off the end of the leg!

A great time to be a fan.

thank you and goodnight

shots.gif

It actually makes me laugh to be fair, most gigs I have been to with other bands you have been lucky to get to 20 songs a night, and literally one song change per gig,

but because there are an elusive few who change nightly people think U2 should? when they literally never ever have apart from maybe lovetown,

I have been to see many bands of the non-deviating sort. Mind you, I don't go to 10 shows per tour or anything. Generally just one or two max...but I still enjoy every second of what I do see.

I'm crying. I can't believe I'm sitting here crying, sobbing, because the NA tour is over (for now).

So great to reconnect with you insufferable wankers at these setlist parties. Have a great August, and see you in September!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

:hug: Diane

Thanks everyone - it's been a blast! :grouphug:

CLSpo-wW8AAqXwK.png:large

It's been really great seeing you again!! Thanks for your efforts in keeping us up with the tour gossip...Hope you won't be a stranger now that this leg is over! :)

Who says you can't go home again? It has been great to be back and to see familiar faces! I intend to stick around for a while!

:)

There is indeed a homing beacon implanted in all of us. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom