NYC #8 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Party Girl is nice. 48 unique songs during a tour is nice. Playing eighteen of the same songs every single night, and a nineteenth all but two shows is incredibly disappointing.

Those selfish bastards. Wanting to ensure that the fan who only gets one or two shows gets to hear the same songs that the "superfan" who goes to ENTIRE LEGS does. What total assholes. They're only thinking of themselves, playing the same 18 songs since of course U2 fans should be able to magically shit thousands of dollars to follow the band around each night and hear 20 different songs a night.

*heavy sarcasm*

Yeah, I mean, with 8 shows in one city they aren't going to change it a ton.

Now if they do arenas again and do 4 or 5 shows next time, I could see more swaps.

Madison Square Garden - New York City, NY - July 31, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Vertigo / God Save the Queen (snippet)
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Fly (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Burning Down the House (snippet)
14 - Desire
15 - Party Girl
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky / 19 (snippet)
18 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Beautiful Day / Hungry Heart (snippet) / New York, New York (snippet)
20 - With or Without You
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
21 - City of Blinding Lights

CLSgEtKWEAAs9dp.jpg:large

Dan - sent you a message. I'm watching the show on me cell :shifty:

Those selfish bastards. Wanting to ensure that the fan who only gets one or two shows gets to hear the same songs that the "superfan" who goes to ENTIRE LEGS does. What total assholes. They're only thinking of themselves, playing the same 18 songs since of course U2 fans should be able to magically shit thousands of dollars to follow the band around each night and hear 20 different songs a night.

*heavy sarcasm*

I know, right? How dare they organise a tour around the concept of playing multiple nights in each city in order to deliver different shows, and then completely fail to deliver on that concept?

*heavy sarcasm*

Same could be said about Bono's speeches. Which you have bitched about a great deal.

I kind of assumed that as they settled in, they might get more adventurous. Apparently I'm clinging to 3rd leg Vertigo and my shows as proof of everything. I will research tomorrow.

To be totally honest I don't care with regard to setlist variation, I literally get to see one show a tour due to work commitments etc so I make the best regardless, and by the looks of it I will get to see some older songs I have never seen before....again...so that's a massive bonus.

The band are my favourite band for a reason.

i've given up on complaining about the setlist, if you want real setlist variation, this is the wrong band. Although if the show is an exact copy if they come back here for a third leg, I'll bitch

I kind of assumed that as they settled in, they might get more adventurous. Apparently I'm clinging to 3rd leg Vertigo and my shows as proof of everything. I will research tomorrow.

I'd say in general Vertigo's third leg was more adventurous than the first, but in terms of variation during lengthy runs (like those 5 consecutive NYC shows), they didn't go that nuts with changing up the order. I think Chicago 4 on the first leg had a more surprising altered order, as did Dublin 3 on the second leg. It had a very unusual set for the stadium leg, with the only European performances of Gloria or An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart. Gloria still hasn't been played in Europe since Lovetown, outside of that one show!

I know, right? How dare they organise a tour around the concept of playing multiple nights in each city in order to deliver different shows, and then completely fail to deliver on that concept?

Oh, because U2 has delivered on every concept it's ever had? I suppose you're listening to Songs of Ascent instead of this show then, right? :wink:

Come on lets not get into that again, the actual tour was NOT advertised (as in tickets sold) with regard to shows being sold as pairs, it was an idea mentioned in interviews, nothing more.

To be totally honest I don't care with regard to setlist variation, I literally get to see one show a tour due to work commitments etc so I make the best regardless, and by the looks of it I will get to see some older songs I have never seen before....again...so that's a massive bonus.

The band are my favourite band for a reason.

Exactly. It's a completely different experience being there, vs. judging from your comfy sofa.

Come on lets not get into that again, the actual tour was NOT advertised (as in tickets sold) with regard to shows being sold as pairs, it was an idea mentioned in interviews, nothing more.

I've already told you this is wrong, and I can go back to the tour announcement if you need me to again.

Periscope people, we don't want to look at you the whole time, or your girlfriend.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Did they do the thank you signs yet? If not, when are they supposed to happen?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom