No Line On The Horizon, Just a CSGW Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn higher education getting in the way of everything, I've got 3 more years to go and therefore only summers to see boyfriend between now and then.
13 hours. :crack:
The longest flight I've been on has been...7 hours...yup, I'm an amateur.

NZ in June must be lovely. How are winters there? surely they must be better than here...

the flight to the us is 12 hours. luckily air new zealand give plenty of entertainment and space. i'd pay to make sure i get an empty seat next to me on the way back, even though the seats are spacious enough.

although those 12 hours had nothing on the ordeal i had the next day dealing with northwest airlines and a cancelled flight in salt lake city. long story short, i got to memphis six hours late after making a <1 hour connection in phoenix that i wasn't expecting, and somehow managing to do it despite getting lost and having to run from one terminal to the other.

i'm not fond of it in june. i prefer autumn. it's essentially wetter, windier and a bit colder than in summer. i'd love more variation between seasons. ever since it was mentioned, i've been drooling over pittsburgh.

Longest flight for me = 9 hours, 2 hour break and then 11 hours :crack:

ouch. i at least had a night in la before i had my next day of epic flights. i'll quickly do some maths...

12 hours, overnight break. then two hours, a six hour wait (that should have been four hours, then a two hour flight :grizzle: ), then an hour and a half before a 50 minute sprint and then three hours on the hardest airline seat known to man.

12 hours, overnight break. then two hours, a six hour wait (that should have been four hours, then a two hour flight :grizzle: ), then an hour and a half before a 50 minute sprint and then three hours on the hardest airline seat known to man.

:ohmy: someone must have been really determined to get through all of that without going insane

the flight to the us is 12 hours. luckily air new zealand give plenty of entertainment and space. i'd pay to make sure i get an empty seat next to me on the way back, even though the seats are spacious enough.

although those 12 hours had nothing on the ordeal i had the next day dealing with northwest airlines and a cancelled flight in salt lake city. long story short, i got to memphis six hours late after making a <1 hour connection in phoenix that i wasn't expecting, and somehow managing to do it despite getting lost and having to run from one terminal to the other.

i'm not fond of it in june. i prefer autumn. it's essentially wetter, windier and a bit colder than in summer. i'd love more variation between seasons. ever since it was mentioned, i've been drooling over pittsburgh.

that sounds like quite the journey, you should be proud you made it...I probably would have broken down somewhere in the middle and called one of my parents and told them I fail at being an adult and can't travel by myself. :lol:

Oh...somehow that still sounds better than the -20s we got in January. :wink:

Anyway, I'm off for the night. 'Night everyone.
:wave:

:ohmy: someone must have been really determined to get through all of that without going insane

if i had any good sense, i'd have not be so determined to get to memphis that very night, at least not without asking how easy it would have been to make my next flight in phoenix.

but love does crazy things to someone normally sensible. i'm lucky i'm not a person who freaks out around airports, or i'd still be finding my way out of salt lake city.

oh, and fyi: my suitcase arrived a few days after i did. and, ironically, my original flight wasn't cancelled and arrived in memphis about six minutes after my flight from phoenix. the us airline industry is batshit crazy.

that sounds like quite the journey, you should be proud you made it...I probably would have broken down somewhere in the middle and called one of my parents and told them I fail at being an adult and can't travel by myself. :lol:

Oh...somehow that still sounds better than the -20s we got in January. :wink:

Anyway, I'm off for the night. 'Night everyone.
:wave:

i still don't know how i did it. i'm really thankful i decided to just sleep when i got to la. i could not have done it on any less sleep, and i'd had very little in the time before it. it's probably my crowning moment of acting like an adult. but i was on my own, i had no choice!

night :D

if i had any good sense, i'd have not be so determined to get to memphis that very night, at least not without asking how easy it would have been to make my next flight in phoenix.

but love does crazy things to someone normally sensible. i'm lucky i'm not a person who freaks out around airports, or i'd still be finding my way out of salt lake city.

oh, and fyi: my suitcase arrived a few days after i did. and, ironically, my original flight wasn't cancelled and arrived in memphis about six minutes after my flight from phoenix. the us airline industry is batshit crazy.

Well there's always next time to make the better decisions about how to go about travelling. Like for me it was not having parents with me :wink:

Shit nearly 4:30am, I really should get some sleep

Night everyone :wave:

Well there's always next time to make the better decisions about how to go about travelling. Like for me it was not having parents with me :wink:

that was indeed a wonderful decision, I must say :sexywink:

night :shifty:

ha, it's amazing how much less stress was involved without the parents freaking out.

i'd given myself plenty of time with my original booking, three hours to walk 50 metres to my next gate in salt lake, but northwest rebooked me when the flight was cancelled. they've been screwing me from day one.

night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom