NFL, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A good deal for the Jets, though. They didn't have to give up too much extra picks, just a second rounder. I'm sure the players they ditched weren't going to be used as much in the new system Rex Ryan will be deploying anyway.

Also, I hope the Patriots turn a couple of these third round picks today into second rounders next year. They have too many now. I was actually hoping one of the second rounders would be traded for a first next year; four second round picks is a lot.

Darius Butler was a steal, and I love the pick for BC's Ron Brace.

i only stayed from about 3:00 to around 5:30 or so, but the draft is certainly an impressive undertaking.

i was within spearing distance of mel kiper jr. and i did not take him out. i will be forever upset with myself for passing on this opportunity.

it was cool to see the whole setup and all, but i couldn't see myself staying for the entire draft... i'd shoot myself eventually. there were only two exciting parts of the draft... the buzz that started after it was announced the jets had traded up, and when the bar in the VIP section got a second shipment of beer, for they had run out.

that.. yea... that was about it. they did have a video booth were fans could pretend to be jim moora in the coors lite commercials that was pretty nifty, but yea... can get nausiatingly boring, especially if you're sober.

any Dallas Cowboys fans here?

I know most of you probably hate the Cowboys, but there's gotta be some fans out there. I was hoping we could use this thread for Cowboys discussion.

Where's Justin24? He was a huuuuuuuuge Cowboys fan. Always the voice of reason, too. He made me look like the biggest Cowsheep in the state.

just wanted to mention that Clay Matthews is going to destroy opposing offenses this year.

Does it make me an evil person if I really want Favre to come back and ruin another team's season and short-term future?

I can see why there might be some interest on the Vikings' side. Favre probably is a better option than Tyrannosarvis Jackson or whoever the hell else it is the Vikings plan on rolling out at Quarterback. And, of course, they'd sell a bunch of jerseys and tickets!!

Well yeah, he'd be the Vikings best option. I mean, Sage Rosenfels?

just wanted to mention that Clay Matthews is going to destroy opposing offenses this year.

just wanted to mention that Clay Matthews is going to destroy Brett Favre this year. as a die hard Packer fan for 20 years, living in Green Bay is like a circus right now. i honestly think if Favre showed his face in Green Bay, he'd be murdered. that's how disgusted this town is right now.

according to Yahoo, Favre has told the Vikings that he plans on staying retired and that he'll explain his actions publicly.

He will stay retired until after all the training camps are done. He'll treat it like he did last year. Skip all the hard work in the offseason, join the team late.

The only thing keeping him out is injuries. Of that I'm sure. If he didn't have a shoulder injury or whatever, he'd be negotiating his August contract right now.

Geez, Favre sure knows how to burn through all that goodwill he earned with his fans during his tenure with the Packers, doesn't he?

I mean, the Vikings? Why don't you just shoot all the Packer fans in the ear - surely that would be less painful than seeing Favre play for the Vikings.

{/drive-by post from Packer fan}

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom