NFL 2012 - Eli has two rings edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a complete abuse of power. And I don't care that it was written into the CBA. They never had a chance at a fair process once the league came out pounding tables on the issue. How was he ever going to listen to an appeal?

Maybe I'm hypersensitive to power abuse after the past ten months, but I think this was a hugely necessary move to reign in Goodell's power.

Looks like Vilma is going on the PUP list anyway, so this only adds Will Smith to their lineup week 1.

Yeah, fuck Goodell.

If today is overturn laughable bullshit day, can we have our cap money back? The Saints never reported the bounties they paid the players so their salary cap was never affected. Seems like is a double standard.

I'm ready for my Vikings to tear it up this year.

It probably won't happen, but I'm ready for it any time. I feel exponentially more interested in them now that the new stadium thing is a done deal and they're here to stay for a while.

It's almost like I have to pay attention to them.

I don't see how this appeal can stand up... so the judges pretty much said that because the NFLPA was so incredibly stupid in giving the commissioner too much power, that we're going to overturn what is clearly legal based on the CBA.

So who's next to overturn their suspension based on this precedent?

I agree that having the appeal process going through the same guy who gave the penalty in the first place is ridiculous... but the players had the right to collectively negotiate a better plan and failed to do so.

And... whatever your feelings on Rog are... I'm a little disgusted that these players will go unpunished for this.

PhilsFan said:
It was a complete abuse of power. And I don't care that it was written into the CBA. They never had a chance at a fair process once the league came out pounding tables on the issue. How was he ever going to listen to an appeal?

Maybe I'm hypersensitive to power abuse after the past ten months, but I think this was a hugely necessary move to reign in Goodell's power.

If the extreme power was given to him by the CBA, how in anyway is it an abuse of said power?

It's not as if there's no evidence and he just suspended players for the heck of it.

Two Titans players got injured on a play that ended up being overturned. But who needs NFL refs?

Weeden's debut must be one of the worst for a QB in recent memory. QB rating of 5. Not 50 - 5.

Granted the opposition (Titans) wasn't exactly world-class, but this is the fastest, hardest-hitting Patriots D I've seen in a long time.

Not the way you want to start the season, one of my fantasy teams is kicking ASS today.

Weeden's debut must be one of the worst for a QB in recent memory. QB rating of 5. Not 50 - 5.
12/35. Wow.

Funny part about it is that if you multiply his 5.1 QB rating by 10, you have his opponent's QB rating.

Michael Vick put up a splendid 51.0!

Ryan Tannehill with a good ol 39.0. He looked terrible. God save the Dolphins.

Granted the opposition (Titans) wasn't exactly world-class, but this is the fastest, hardest-hitting Patriots D I've seen in a long time.

Indeed. Plenty of speed, superb tackling, and great discipline. A very good sign.

The top 3 rookies got a strip sack, fumble return for TD, and an interception. Not a bad return so far.

Will they draft Barkley with the #1 pick after spending such a high pick this year on Tannehill is the question.

Sadly they wont achieve last place to do so.

I'm not giving up on Tannehill necessarily, but if they actually did end up in that position, hell yes you take the best player available. Especially for a position that the Dolphins have failed to secure in ages.

Then make the two of them compete.

I'm so confused. Sanders is the one who led with his helmet and the Bronco who hit him did so incidentally. I don't think Sanders meant to do it, nor do I believe that the Broncos player meant to. I suppose I just don't understand this rule.

Obviously its quite early, but that Dolphins team looks like the worst in the league, and by a fair margin.

The Dolphins D looked sharp out there.

The Eagles-Browns matchup was pretty horrendous.

The Vikings-Jaguars matchup was also terrible.

Now I don't disagree that the Dolphins looked like the worst team today, but just like every other season in the past few years, they know how to simply not finish last.

I'm so confused. Sanders is the one who led with his helmet and the Bronco who hit him did so incidentally. I don't think Sanders meant to do it, nor do I believe that the Broncos player meant to. I suppose I just don't understand this rule.

I didn't see it so maybe I'm just blabbing here...

But 'leading with the helmet' has nothing to do with intention. You either did it, or you didn't do it. Unless it's coincidental contact that has nothing to do with a direct tackle...

Well from what I saw, the Steelers player (offense) hit the Broncos player (defense) and they both were "leading" with their helmets. Maybe I'm way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom