NFL 2009-2010: Part The Second

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get this way of thinking. Yeah, you remove the turnovers and the Vikings win. Or, if Brees has anywhere close to a normal game for him, the Saints demolish them.

Bottom line is, Adrian Peterson is known as a fumbler. Brett Favre is known to throw interceptions at important moments. So it's not like either of them had distinctly uncharacteristic games. What was uncharacteristic were the other Vikings losing their shit, as well as the erratic throwing of Brees and a few costly late hit penalties that I don't think the Saints were known for. Hell, you take away a couple of those calls and the whole game could be different.

Both teams played like shit, and I don't think total yardage is somehow more relevant than being able to maintain control of the ball.

Neither team "deserved" the win. Their foolish mistakes cancelled each other out and one got luckier than the other.

yeah, i agree with your thinking. "turnover ratio" is one of the most important stats in the game. you can't just throw it out. and if you start throwing things out, then i could easily say that if you throw out some of the crappy calls by the refs, the Saints would have won by at least 10, lol!

Same used to be said of Tigger Woody, perhaps Peyton is banging 4 Phillipino hookers right now.
He's been banging cocktail waitresses two at a time.

Peyton-Manning-Mustache-commercial.jpg

FredoCorleone.jpg

YouTube - T.V. shot to death after Saints beat the Redskins 33-30 in OT.

I feel like we get to shoot Brett Favre's Sears TV now, don't we? And run into it with helmets on?

I can't believe i watched that. What a bunch of inbreds. Do we really want the Saints to win it all? End result would be great for tv manufacturers and retail outlets around the country, also those who make ammo. But seriously i cant fathom hearing "WHO DAT" and seeing fat ass cracks jumping through perfectly good TV's (albeit shot to heck) for the entire off season.

I was stationed in Louisiana (Ft Polk) for a couple of years and....lets just say this video was quite believeable. Since i was born in Indiana (Anderson, 40 miles NE of Indy) and lived there until i was 9, i will have to root for the Colts in this particular super bowl. Fuck Destiny (and rednecks).

I'd say he probably advances about 5 yards from where he's standing, which is 4 yds behind the line of scrimmage, and he'd gain about 1 yard, leaving them roughly a 55 yd try.
He should have gunned it to the receiver on the sideline, who's defender is 3yds beyond him with his back to him, that would have probably gotten them to the 30 and a 47-48 yd attempt.
I watched it again. The only linebacker that was close enough to stop him jumped when Favre threw. If Favre pumped, that guy goes off his feet, and he'd definitely get five, probably more. Favre is running at almost full speed at this point, and that guy is not only not moving, but he's jumping. I'll bet he gets six or seven running towards the sideline.

knowing how inconsistent FG kickers have been this year, Longwell might have still missed even if Favre keeps the ball and gets 5 or 7 yards on that play. Bottom line is the Vikings as a team turned the ball over way too many times last night. Adrian Peterson's fumbles were the most puzzling, i dont think i have ever seen him fumble the ball that many times in one game. That was just weird, and of course it didn't end there. Ironic that Peterson's former college teammate Hartley wins it for the Saints, much like he had dreamed he would the night before. It was a very exciting game...and hopefully the super bowl will be as much fun.

fun with past posts

09/09/09
somewhere, at some point, favre will single handidly blow a huge game for the vikings. be it a huge regular season game to decide home field, or be it in overtime of the NFC championship game.

brett favre will, at some point, try to be brett favre. only he's not.

11/29/2009
brett favre hasn't thrown the uber-hurtful interception yet this year. that's not good for the vikings. it will happen. it's a matter of when.

:happy:

fun with past posts

09/09/09

11/29/2009

:happy:

Well not exactly any suprises here, except he could of at least had the decency to throw the 2 picks last week against Dallas. Ditto for Peterson's 3 fumbles.

Phillyfan will appreciate this article:

Childress says Tahi was twelfth man | ProFootballTalk.com

The most inexplicable moment during Minnesota's loss Sunday wasn't Adrian Peterson's last fumble, Bernard Berrian's fumble or Brett Favre's throw.

It was the 12-men on the field penalty called after a Brad Childress timeout with 19 seconds left. The Vikings head coach tried to explain after the game.

"We just had a fullback in there and we changed up and broke the huddle with 12," coach Brad Childress said. "You can't call back-to-back timeouts either. I thought we slipped up there."

The fullback was Naufahu Tahi, according to Yahoo's Mike Silver. But we hope Childress isn't trying to redirect blame to a player, because that is a brutal mistake by the coaching staff in a huge spot.

Silver was reminded of last season, when Vikings players said the team's sideline was in "total disarray" in their playoff loss to the Eagles.

Favre's interception will get the headlines, but we have more sympathy with a player trying to do too much. Coaches should be in control of the situation better.

Childress learned how to botch clock management from the master, Andy Reid. We thought the Vikings played far too conservatively leading up to the penalty, draining the clock to set up a long field goal at a time when the Vikings offense was pushing a tired Saints defense around. (The Vikings had 82 plays to 45 before overtime.)
We feel for Vikings players and fans this morning, but less so for Childress. He let them down.

im not even going to read the comments, its probably a bloodbath :ohmy:

At some point, every coach seems to completely lose control of Favre. Holmgren seemed to keep a pretty tight leash on the guy, hence two Super Bowl appearances. Once Holmgren skipped town, the interceptions and playoff chokes continued to pile up.

2001: 6 INTS (!!) against the Rams
2002: 2 INTS and a fumble againt the Falcons
2003: After the 4th and 26 disaster, Favre inexplicably chucks one straight up for grabs. One of the stupidest passes I've ever seen.
2004: 4 INTS against the Vikings
2007: 2 INTS against the Giants, including the one that handed them the win.

I particularly liked his "aw shucks" reaction after he threw that pick.

I'll try to quit bashing the guy, even if he earned it. I'm more than pleased with his successor.

okay.....

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
At some point, every coach seems to completely lose control of Favre. Holmgren seemed to keep a pretty tight leash on the guy, hence two Super Bowl appearances. Once Holmgren skipped town, the interceptions and playoff chokes continued to pile up.

2001: 6 INTS (!!) against the Rams
2002: 2 INTS and a fumble againt the Falcons
2003: After the 4th and 26 disaster, Favre inexplicably chucks one straight up for grabs. One of the stupidest passes I've ever seen.
2004: 4 INTS against the Vikings
2007: 2 INTS against the Giants, including the one that handed them the win.

Now wait a minute, i thought you were going to quit bashing the guy :sexywink: Sure the first post was almost a month ago so you have showed some restraint. And i realize you Wisconsin folks basically won your super bowl last night. But you really gotta let this stuff go. Your starting to sound like a 13 year old girl in here (my apologies if you really are a 13 year old girl) :hug:

Seriously, Favre really needs to retire, for good this time. Then he needs to go back to Wisconsin or Green Bay and "mend some fences", assuming he wouldn't get shot for stepping foot on hallowed ground. Maybe he could dontate a huge chunk of money to a childrens' hospital in Green Bay or build a school or do something really expensive and charitable. I'm actually serious about this too, he can afford it, and it would go a long way (at least i think) to restoring some of the good will he used to enjoy and maybe erase some of the pain and hurt he caused all of the good folks of Green Bay and the state of Wisconsin. :hug:

I just want my mom to be able to take her box of Farve memorabilia out of the basement, where it has been exiled. :sad:

okay.....

Now wait a minute, i thought you were going to quit bashing the guy :sexywink: Sure the first post was almost a month ago so you have showed some restraint. And i realize you Wisconsin folks basically won your super bowl last night. But you really gotta let this stuff go. Your starting to sound like a 13 year old girl in here (my apologies if you really are a 13 year old girl) :hug:

Okay, I lied :wink: Sorry if this is overly juvenile, but there was enormous satisfaction in watching him get pummeled and ultimately self-destruct last night.

Sports fanaticism can be just as much about cheering against the perceived "bad guy" as it can be cheering on your own team.

okay.....

Seriously, Favre really needs to retire, for good this time. Then he needs to go back to Wisconsin or Green Bay and "mend some fences", assuming he wouldn't get shot for stepping foot on hallowed ground. Maybe he could dontate a huge chunk of money to a childrens' hospital in Green Bay or build a school or do something really expensive and charitable. I'm actually serious about this too, he can afford it, and it would go a long way (at least i think) to restoring some of the good will he used to enjoy and maybe erase some of the pain and hurt he caused all of the good folks of Green Bay and the state of Wisconsin. :hug:

you seem as interested in the Favre story as the "Wisconsin folk". you should really let it go. :) :wink:

i do agree with your 2nd paragraph though. it would be a good PR move for Favre. the good folks of Green Bay are pretty forgiving though. whether Favre mends fences or not, i'll still cheer him when his jersey is retired at Lambeau.

i do agree with your 2nd paragraph though. it would be a good PR move for Favre. the good folks of Green Bay are pretty forgiving though. whether Favre mends fences or not, i'll still cheer him when his jersey is retired at Lambeau.

I agree as well, as that seems to be about the best (and maybe the only) way to salvage his legacy as a Packer. On the other hand, I'm not sure that he really cares about his legacy as a Packer.

And I can't say that I'll cheer him when his jersey is retired :huh: LOL, I'm still convinced they should give their next punter #4 . . . at least for a little while. Seems like a fitting retailiation :D And, yes, I do realize that I'm not even being rational anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom