NFL 2009-2010: Part The Second

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you seem as interested in the Favre story as the "Wisconsin folk". you should really let it go. :) :wink:

well his name does come up quite a bit around here so its hard to ignore, and believe me i have tried :D

i do agree with your 2nd paragraph though. it would be a good PR move for Favre. the good folks of Green Bay are pretty forgiving though. whether Favre mends fences or not, i'll still cheer him when his jersey is retired at Lambeau.

I think most people have a forgiving nature and if he were to do something like i suggested, im pretty sure it would be well received. But i do want a cut in the action since i came up with the idea :sexywink:

We just had a fullback in there and we changed up and broke the huddle with 12," coach Brad Childress said. "You can't call back-to-back timeouts either. I thought we slipped up there."

When I was watching, I thought they got flagged for calling back to back timeouts at first, cause Brett signaled for a timeout and then the flag flew.

Childress should have his extension rescinded for that buffoonery in the last minute of regulation. Him crawling into his turtle shell definitely cost the Vikes a very likely Super Bowl berth.

Okay, I lied :wink: Sorry if this is overly juvenile, but there was enormous satisfaction in watching him get pummeled and ultimately self-destruct last night.

Sports fanaticism can be just as much about cheering against the perceived "bad guy" as it can be cheering on your own team.

The only reason i was sort of rooting for Minnesota last night was because of the former Sooners (Loadholt, Peterson) and i suppose there was a part of me that wanted Favre to win a super bowl so that maybe we could be done with him. Even as a Cowboy fan, i have enjoyed watching him play over the years, except when he beat us. And he did have a great year this past year, but enough is enough. I do want him to retire and find something to occupy himself with. I think he knows after last night that even he can't take that kind of abuse anymore.

When I was watching, I thought they got flagged for calling back to back timeouts at first, cause Brett signaled for a timeout and then the flag flew.

Childress should have his extension rescinded for that buffoonery in the last minute of regulation. Him crawling into his turtle shell definitely cost the Vikes a very likely Super Bowl berth.

i thought that as well. Childress is as much to blame for the loss last night as Peterson, Favre, and company for all the turnovers.

I love the monotone play-by-play after the pick. Shouldn't an announcer have some excitement in his voice after something like that?

No, not on the Brett Bias network; only despair need color the voice.
I think that was the Minnesota play-by-play, which is why it's so monotone.

If you listen to the Fox broadcast, Buck actually sounded the most excited I've ever heard him (which still isn't great):

NFL Videos: Favre INT

Oooo, After watching that video I recant and say Brett would have gotten to the 32 yard line...maybe the 30.

But I also have to wonder how he didn't see that guy on the right sideline. That would have been the go to guy.

I think I will blame Childress. I actually think he annoys me more than Favre.

Wasn't there a nasty one vs. the Eagles as well? The year the latter went to the Super Bowl?

You mean Favre INT? Yeah, after 4th and 26, Favre threw a deep pass straight to the safety (Dawkins, maybe?) -- but the Eagles didn't make it to the Super Bowl that year, They lost to Carolina in the NFC championship.

Wasn't there a nasty one vs. the Eagles as well? The year the latter went to the Super Bowl?
Well, in 2003 the Eagles were down in the 4th and connected on the 4th and 26 play to The People's Champ. They went down and scored to tie it. In overtime, Favre was getting rushed and threw up a lame duck to avoid taking the sack that was easily picked off by Brian Dawkins. The Eagles then made a field goal to win.

And then the Eagles scored three points in the NFC Championship game.

let us not forget that favre's season ended last year with an INT against the dolphins...

i'm not with elias or anything, but i think it's safe to say that he's the only QB in the history of the NFL to throw a season ending INT in three consecutive seasons for three different teams... although i wouldn't count out jeff george.

Yep, I know -- but Jeff George's teams often has losing records, so it didn't seem likely that those teams' seasons ended on a particular interception late in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom