NFL 2009-2010: Part The Second

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, had it not been for ridiculous turnovers, Minnesota won by 17 points minimum. Hopefully NO gets their asses kicked by the Colts now, as they were far from impressive today.

The amount of Saints bandwagoning going on in Texas right now is unreal.

My observations:
1. Dear Fox, get rid of the robot.

2. Drew Brees is scared.

3. Minnesota should have 49+ points.

1. Yes

2. I said same thing after he blooped the screen pass on NO's last possession in regulation on 2nd down that seemed to take forever to get to Thomas, he bettter not be that jittery in 2 weeks.

3. Turnovers will kill ya.

I can't make fun of Favre for this game, as much of a killer as that second INT was. I thought there was a non-trivial chance that he would expire on the field, so savage was the beating he took from the Saints defense today.

1. Yes

2. I said same thing after he blooped the screen pass on NO's last possession in regulation on 2nd down that seemed to take forever to get to Thomas, he bettter not be that jittery in 2 weeks.

3. Turnovers will kill ya.

That bloop play was the one that made me think about it too. But...that whole second half, he kind of looked like he was hesitant/scared to take a shot. Then again, maybe Minny's D was just that good.

How does Favre throw that INT? I mean, Longwell probably would have had a very long field goal...but at least give him a shot! I just don't understand him...

I love the guys on ESPN saying how courageous Favre is for not being afraid to throw an interception. Oh, wait, no I don't. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

do they even have the internet up there in wisconsin?

My parents' outhouse has wireless. But they're rich - they're the only ones in their county to have a heated outhouse.

Eh, I'll admit to being a little bitter about Favre burning up all that goodwill he'd built up for so long, but I don't actually care that much. I care enough to root for the Packers as my hometown team, and will occasionally get excited about games, but I don't wish ill upon Our (Former) Lord Favre.

I love the guys on ESPN saying how courageous Favre is for not being afraid to throw an interception. Oh, wait, no I don't. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Childress was the one who wanted to play for a 55-yard FG instead of trying to advance the ball on first and second down; he deserves as much blame for that sequence of downs as Favre.

Meh, had it not been for ridiculous turnovers, Minnesota won by 17 points minimum. Hopefully NO gets their asses kicked by the Colts now, as they were far from impressive today.

Should've, could,ve would've, Never underestimate, impressive. And I am sure Minnesota would loved to have been more "impressive" but well, they werent. If it comes down to impression, well that's works pretty good for the Saints, Thank you. :up:

Childress was the one who wanted to play for a 55-yard FG instead of trying to advance the ball on first and second down; he deserves as much blame for that sequence of downs as Favre.

That's utter bullshit. Did Childress make terrible calls on 1st and 2nd? Absolutely. But if you're coach looks like an accountant, you shouldn't be surprised when he manages the game like one. BUT, he did not force 40 year old Brett Favre, who has started 309 consecutive games, who has years and years of experience playing in this system and in these type of games, to make a rookie mistake of trying to throw across his body and across the field.

It would have been a terrible decision if he didn't have a good 7 or 8 yards ahead of him to run. That fact makes the play almost unforgivable.

Now I don't think you can hang the loss around Favre's neck. I've never seen a team put the ball on the ground as much as the Vicks did tonight, but for the love of God, how in the world do you justify that throw.

Should've, could,ve would've, Never underestimate, impressive. And I am sure Minnesota would loved to have been more "impressive" but well, they werent. If it comes down to impression, well that's works pretty good for the Saints, Thank you. :up:

Are you trying to imply that New Orleans played well and "deserved to win" today? I'm not implying that turnovers aren't a part of the game, it is what it is and they won because of it, but New Orleans got their asses kicked had the turnovers not happened. Sure, they had a great seasons, but I am not going to pretend like they played well and looked like a team who deserves to be going to a Super Bowl today, because they didn't. It was a shitty showing to a game where they really should have looked considerably better than they did.

Dalton: But he was running so slow. I'd say 3-4 because of that bum ankle thing. The throw was a huge mistake.

And Childress is in trouble next year when Bret retires for real this time.

Does anything think the pass interference call the Vikings in OT was kind of a no call situation?

Why do you hate black people?

I realize this is a joke on New Orleans and Kanye West, but I'd just like to say that I mainly like the Vikings because of their running game, and a few other players. I'm completely indifferent to Favre.

That's utter bullshit. Did Childress make terrible calls on 1st and 2nd? Absolutely. But if you're coach looks like an accountant, you shouldn't be surprised when he manages the game like one. BUT, he did not force 40 year old Brett Favre, who has started 309 consecutive games, who has years and years of experience playing in this system and in these type of games, to make a rookie mistake of trying to throw across his body and across the field.

I'm no fan of Favre in general, and I'm not saying the INT wasn't terrible. But remember that Chilly deliberately bled the clock down between first and second downs (or at least I assume so, since Favre had been running a hurry-up offense to that point) and bungled the substitutions on third down, leading to the penalty. Give Favre three downs and a full minute there and I bet he doesn't try to force a pass.

240-reid-childress-081231.jpg

But seriously, Favre gets eight to ten yards on that run to the outside, easy.

WHAT? They really said that?

I'm so glad I watched the game in a noisy sports bar where you couldn't hear what the TV people were saying.

Are you trying to imply that New Orleans played well and "deserved to win" today? I'm not implying that turnovers aren't a part of the game, it is what it is and they won because of it, but New Orleans got their asses kicked had the turnovers not happened. Sure, they had a great seasons, but I am not going to pretend like they played well and looked like a team who deserves to be going to a Super Bowl today, because they didn't. It was a shitty showing to a game where they really should have looked considerably better than they did.

I don't get this way of thinking. Yeah, you remove the turnovers and the Vikings win. Or, if Brees has anywhere close to a normal game for him, the Saints demolish them.

Bottom line is, Adrian Peterson is known as a fumbler. Brett Favre is known to throw interceptions at important moments. So it's not like either of them had distinctly uncharacteristic games. What was uncharacteristic were the other Vikings losing their shit, as well as the erratic throwing of Brees and a few costly late hit penalties that I don't think the Saints were known for. Hell, you take away a couple of those calls and the whole game could be different.

Both teams played like shit, and I don't think total yardage is somehow more relevant than being able to maintain control of the ball.

Neither team "deserved" the win. Their foolish mistakes cancelled each other out and one got luckier than the other.

At least five, going towards the sideline. Favre's running and those two are stand still. Yeah, they'll start running when he pumps and tucks it, but they still aren't at that point.

I'd say he probably advances about 5 yards from where he's standing, which is 4 yds behind the line of scrimmage, and he'd gain about 1 yard, leaving them roughly a 55 yd try.
He should have gunned it to the receiver on the sideline, who's defender is 3yds beyond him with his back to him, that would have probably gotten them to the 30 and a 47-48 yd attempt.

But I gotta agree with speed about Childress. When they got to the 33, he started playing like he was in chip shot FG range, bleeding the clock and then his substition screw up cost them 5 yards and forced Favre to try and get them back into long FG range. Horrible throw to be sure, but the Vikes should not have been in a position where he felt a need to make something happen there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom