New U2 Album in 2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this where I get all fan-girly and squeel? I will if given the proper motivation.

But, if they are recording, then I'll happily squeel like a teenage girl at a bieber sighting. A sight I will mention not at all becoming for the 30 year old that I am.,.

I do, naturally. I didn't mean to be insulting, and if they guy had said "Hey check out my tribute band" instead of pretending to be a third party I probably wouldn't have done nothing more than comment on the guy pretending to be Bono.

Sorry to have caused offense.
Thank you, that's quite the rational comment there. :)

Hearing from Adam is always nice... he seems fairly candid.

True. And it feels good to me that he's rationalizing Bono's usual hyperboles already. :up:

According to U2place.com, Adam was interviewed on Radio1 and said this, "Stiamo lavorando al prossimo album. Secondo Bono potrebbe già essere pubblicato domani ma credo che ci vorrà un pò più di tempo!"

Google translate says that means: "We are working on the next album. According to Bono [it] may already be published tomorrow but I think it will take a little longer!"

day after tomorrow?!?!?!?!?!?! :hyper:

notsomadLisa said:
Is this where I get all fan-girly and squeel? I will if given the proper motivation.

But, if they are recording, then I'll happily squeel like a teenage girl at a bieber sighting. A sight I will mention not at all becoming for the 30 year old that I am.,.

Confirmation of this recording, and I'll be giving the 30+ girly-squeel as well.

Clayton confirmed the band are continuing their work on a 13th studio album, however said a release date hasn’t been confirmed. “According to Bono it’ll be in the shops tomorrow, but I think it’ll take a little longer than that.”

"Just received this report from Dublin, where U2 is in the studio...

Just a heads up on how wonderful your 4 basses are....beautiful instruments and so much "weight" and deep tone with a very light weight bass......amazing. The Will Lee is killer and the PJs so balanced. Adam has been tracking away and not having to break the momentum dialing in his sound.....Just a very good marriage of effortless tone that seems inherent with the overall design. The entire band and the production team could not be happier.

Nice one,
Dallas Schoo/U2"

nice.

Clayton confirmed the band are continuing their work on a 13th studio album, however said a release date hasn’t been confirmed. “According to Bono it’ll be in the shops tomorrow, but I think it’ll take a little longer than that.”

Just a heads up on how wonderful your 4 basses are....beautiful instruments and so much "weight" and deep tone with a very light weight bass......amazing. The Will Lee is killer and the PJs so balanced. Adam has been tracking away and not having to break the momentum dialing in his sound.....Just a very good marriage of effortless tone that seems inherent with the overall design. The entire band and the production team could not be happier.

Nice one,
Dallas Schoo/U2"

nice.

Sooooooo can we get excited now? :hyper:

This is all good news obviously (but very early stages, presumably).

I just have one question, and it's one that's been bugging me in all the years I've been reading this board: how the hell do people find this stuff?

Nice one,
Dallas Schoo/U2"

nice.

It's on the facebook link U2girl posted. Seems like Sadowsky sent U2/adam some guitars, and they seem to like them, so they wrote back and Sadowsky published it. Smart business move, of course.

And yeah, likely very early stages. Who knows what exactly they're working on. If they're working on the album they were supposed to release last year (yes, I believe that they had probably 8-10 songs somewhat ready to go), then they could be far along. I'm guessing that they're just doodling/playing around with shit/trying to figure out what to do next.

I'm still not expecting a new U2 album until Fall '13, but it's encouraging that they're at least working on music.

It's on the facebook link U2girl posted. Seems like Sadowsky sent U2/adam some guitars, and they seem to like them, so they wrote back and Sadowsky published it. Smart business move, of course.

And yeah, likely very early stages. Who knows what exactly they're working on. If they're working on the album they were supposed to release last year (yes, I believe that they had probably 8-10 songs somewhat ready to go), then they could be far along. I'm guessing that they're just doodling/playing around with shit/trying to figure out what to do next.

I'm still not expecting a new U2 album until Fall '13, but it's encouraging that they're at least working on music.

They are saying The entire band and the production team* so here's hoping they're further along then just doodling.

*team ? I thought they said they're working with Danger Mouse...

that line about a production team is referring to the producer, engineers, assistants, etc.. everyone involved in the production of the album

Nice one,
Dallas Schoo/U2"

nice.

"Tracking" could be a key word here. Leads me to believe that they are in actual recording mode and not just rehearsing for recording as is generally the first step. I guess they could just be tracking band demos which would be early stages.

If the Stones tour next year, say it's their last tour (it'd almost have to be anyway), charge normal Stones prices AND bring back Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman (as has been rumored), then yes they could certainly beat 360's record. Although word has it that the Stones won't do a proper "TOUR", but rather several shows in the big markets and let fans comes to them.

Stones can't beat 360. Either they build a stage that lets even more people on the field than 360, or have the prices insanely high.

(Madonna, Stones, Bruce, Coldplay). As for those "mega tours" , 3 out of 4 can only dream of being a competition to U2's draw worldwide. And one of them isn't a real stadium act yet.

They are saying The entire band and the production team* so here's hoping they're further along then just doodling.

*team ? I thought they said they're working with Danger Mouse...
It could be the team of producers, engineers, and the like behind the album. Or this album could be produced by... Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois, Danger Mouse, Steve Lillywhite, Flood, Declan Gaffney, Jimmy Iovine, will.i.am, RedOne, and Rick Rubin all together. Wouldn't surprise me too much.
Stones are apparently not even going to tour. Ye olde Keith can't handle it.

Ye olde indeed.

A super-album of Brian Eno/Daniel Lanois/Steve Lillywhite/Flood/Jimmy Iovine staying with U2's past plus wil.i.am and RedOne to connect U2 to the mainstream audience but not completely throwing away a possible track or two from the Rubin sessions, all in the meantime keeping that Danger Mouse material where it's kinda like 'the hipsters might ironically like it'.

Brilliant plan. U2 will take over the world.

No, it's "They're in the process of recording their next album. When it'll come out, we don't know, but we're really excited about how it's coming along. Lots of hits. Will it come out this year...maybe, we'll see."

Iwant2believe.jpg

Wow, there are a lot of people in this thread right now! :lol:

It makes me optimistic. At least they are working on something....

Back
Top Bottom