New U2 Album in 2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They still talk about the Danger Mouse sessions. How far behind can they be. :lol:

There's been no talk of the band heading back into the studio to record. So I highly doubt anything album-like is coming out of there anytime soon.

They have been in the studio together, at least some weeks ago in Dublin. I'm pretty sure they're doing some work and I think Danger Mouse is very much a relevant project. I have no idea, though, if a new album can be expected in 2012. I wish they would release something soon but I doubt it.

I was opening up my browser to a local Chicago radio station for a little streaming music while at work and saw this link:

Ten Intriguing Albums Expected For 2012

I hadn't hear U2 committed to a new album in 2012....anyone else?:hmm:

U2 was also listed on these lists in 2010 and 2011 after they built up hype for new albums that never happened. i'm guessing this year will be the trifecta.

That is a really good point....I also think November 2013 sounds more accurate. Should we start an over under? :lol: Before or after November 2013?

I'm hoping before, but my vote is after. I guess I am really missing the build up to concerts and seeing all of my U2 friends on a summer night under the claw....the next album/tour cannot come fast enough! :hyper:

U2 was also listed on these lists in 2010 and 2011 after they built up hype for new albums that never happened. i'm guessing this year will be the trifecta.

If there is another U2 album in the future, I'd be shocked if it's released after November 2013.

They won't do another Spring release after the relative disappointment of NLOTH (yes, I know it still sold pretty damn well, but the next album will most certainly be released in the 4th quarter for holiday sales), so that would mean it would be pushed back until October/November of 2014. Which, even for this band, would be a ridiculously long time between albums. Especially considering their age and place in the current pop scene.

Here are the potential dates, really:

Oct/Nov 2012
Oct/Nov 2013

I really don't see the next U2 album being released at a time other than those two periods. That's just me, though.

gvox said:
..everybody havin a good time

('cept Headache..he was talkin bout the end of the world...)

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

I can't wait to hear the tunes recorded with Mighty Mouse. They're also rumoured to be going back to the old World War II sessions with Rick Jones.

They've been pretty quiet lately; they could be working on something. If there really are a bunch of leftover songs sitting around, then it shouldn't take until fall 2013 to get something put together, emphasis on shouldn't.

I wouldn't even gamble 10 cents on a 2012 release, but regardless, they'll need to land on something pretty quickly. I reckon if they struggle to find a spark or focus or consensus, this time, they'll let it go.

I wouldn't rule out a holiday season 2012 release but it is unlikely. October/November 2013 is probably the safest bet.

I think the "holiday"period is becoming less of a sales factor with digital and the decline of the CD, so I. Don't think they need to stick to an Oct/Nov framework. I think spring 2013 would be a good bet.

NLOTH was a "failure" and it was released in March so I think they'll try to avoid that this time around.

I think the "holiday"period is becoming less of a sales factor with digital and the decline of the CD, so I. Don't think they need to stick to an Oct/Nov framework. I think spring 2013 would be a good bet.

spring 2012 would be nice though! :lol:

I am not getting my hopes up for any of this, but I really, really, REALLY want to hear what Danger Mouse can bring out of the band. I feel he could be the shot in the arm they need, and just the prospect of him producing the next album is exciting.

I wouldn't even gamble 10 cents on a 2012 release, but regardless, they'll need to land on something pretty quickly. I reckon if they struggle to find a spark or focus or consensus, this time, they'll let it go.

Very interesting perspective. I hope they don't become paralyzed in trying to win over the whole world. I can admire that this type of drive was part of what made them successful over their career, however it isn't very realistic anymore.

With his recent comments on "irrelevance" I feel that Bono is more interested in impressing the one person in the audience who isn't smiling vs. the 70,000 who are cheering and singing every word. Of course, I don't know what truly motivates them, it is just an outside perception.

That said, I love this band and couldn't care less about where they debut on the record charts or converting anyone who isn't a fan. U2 has become the soundtrack of my lifetime, which has evolved into the commradarie and friendships I have built with people just like you. Maybe I'm selfish but with the limited years we have left (15?), I want as many new albums and tours as we can get!

Back
Top Bottom