New LCD Soundsystem album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you're one of the "In-Crowd". :yikes:

Judging from the SoCal gathering thread, you're actually part of the real in-crowd on interference. I go in there and don't get 1/4 of the jokes, but, that's ok, I can't get every reference made amongst friends.

In this case, we were quoting Star Wars, fairly geeky stuff, and not really all that inclusive.

But the odds of navigating through obvious Star Wars jokes are about 3,720 to 1!

Maybe I'm just not in the Indie-crowd. :wink: I feel like I like the electric guitar too much, and dislike acoustic-y, singer-songwriters too much, to keep up with the truly Indietastic.

Then we're in the same crowd there, for the most part.

I apologize to you, right now, for being in the same category as me. :)

I like the wordplay, too, by the by...

I love indie stuff, and can probably count on two or three fingers how many acoustic singer songwriters I like. If independent music doesn't include electric guitars, I have no idea what the hell I've been listening to.

I love indie stuff, and can probably count on two or three fingers how many acoustic singer songwriters I like. If independent music doesn't include electric guitars, I have no idea what the hell I've been listening to.

Scott Walker.

And for the record, everyone, I was not saying that I dislike indie music, was saying that I typically dislike artists that are strictly acoustic singer-songwriters.

I thought I remembered you ranking it pretty low on your No Net list, but I love every song except for two myself and White as Talcum would be #9, so maybe you have the same sentiment.

He was raised since birth on the real shit in order to one day administer Utahn Justice at its greatest capacity.

I think the two clicks on Interference are split as such: you either find the Muse thread reprehensible, or you don't.

What if I can't even bring myself to look into a Muse thread because I've been underwhelmed by their music? Where does that put me?

What if I can't even bring myself to look into a Muse thread because I've been underwhelmed by their music? Where does that put me?

How would you feel if I told you that you need absolutely zero knowledge of Muse's music in order to pass as a fan in that thread?

I love every song except for two myself [on No Net]

Says the guy who wants me to act as if "Strawberry Swing," "Lovers in Japan," "Chinese Sleep Chant," and "Cemeteries of London" are bad songs.

Cockplay isn't cool. They never have been. Bunch of tools. And they're boring. Always have been. Their best efforts just aren't worth the time. Shuttlecock, even relatively average Shuttlecock, is better because at least it contains part of the DNA of something transcendent and eternal, which Chrissy Martin & Co. can't match no matter how many times they work with Beano.

I've never really listened to Coldplay to look cool, so it's all kind of a moot point, no?

Parachutes and Viva La Vida are very good albums. If that undermines whatever cred I may have built up and subsequently undone over the past six years, at least I didn't sell out, right?

I gave the new album another chance yesterday, and it was once again a surprisingly disappointing, borderline painful listening experience. Easily my biggest musical letdown of 2010.

I shall at some point give yet another chance, but down the line......

I actually like that song. Probably because it's the only song less than 35 minutes long.

So is it the song lengths that bother you the most, or the actual songs themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom