New LCD Soundsystem album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to LCD Soundsystem's rave up here in NYC last night, the floor at Terminal 5 was slammin' - literally :D - but I was up in the balcony. Some video I took...tended to be the less dancy ones since I was movin' with the rest of them on the others, but enjoy! :D

All I Want

YouTube - LCD Soundsystem - All I Want @ Terminal 5 NYC 5/22/10

Get Innocuous

YouTube - LCD Soundsystem - Get Innocuous @ Terminal 5 NYC 5/22/10

I also have I Can Change and Someone Great up on my YouTube channel - YouTube - PopArtist's Channel

Those vids are way cool.

I like the new album a lot. I think I like SOS better, but just because SOS and I have a little thing going on.

I took me a few listens but now I am really getting into it. Have been listening to LCD Soundsystem quite a bit lately since it's great music for my power walks - I'd been thinking of making a banner for last night's show reading "James Murphy has helped me lose 30 pounds so far!" but I didn't. :D

I'm not sure if there's a radio version, or if they did something on their end to equalize the volume, but there really didn't seem to be any change in dynamics. Sorta strange.

I gave the new album another chance yesterday, and it was once again a surprisingly disappointing, borderline painful listening experience. Easily my biggest musical letdown of 2010.

I shall at some point give yet another chance, but down the line......

ahh... i on the other hand, have a new favourite album of the year. :heart: Los Campesinos! put up a good fight, but they just couldn't compete with Dance Yrself Clean, Drunk Girls, One Touch, All I Want, I Can Change, You Wanted a Hit and Home.

I went to LCD Soundsystem's rave up here in NYC last night, the floor at Terminal 5 was slammin' - literally :D - but I was up in the balcony. Some video I took...tended to be the less dancy ones since I was movin' with the rest of them on the others, but enjoy! :D
can i just ask, i'm seeing them in July, did they play All My Friends? do they always play it? because i'd really really really like to hear them play it.

I gave the new album another chance yesterday, and it was once again a surprisingly disappointing, borderline painful listening experience. Easily my biggest musical letdown of 2010.

You could not have felt pain during I Can Change. It's not possible. Tell me it isn't so.

I'm about to go POWERJUICE on your ass if you go besmirching this album again.

Has anyone else noticed that putting the song titles together form these little groups?

Dance Yrself Clean, Drunk Girls
One Touch: All I Want
I Can Change, You Wanted a Hit -- Pow Pow
Somebody's Calling Me Home

Maybe I just need to lay off the drugs.

I thought he liked it because it had the word "change" in the title.

scrooge-mcduck.jpg

First listen: :love:

Pow Pow and Somebody's Calling Me are the only two I didn't like right off the bat.

Loved All I Want - it reminded me of some other song, but I couldn't put my finger on what.

And the only part of Pow Pow I don't like is when he's actually saying "Pow" over and over again.

All I Want reminded you of "Heroes" I'm sure.

There's advantages to both. ADVANTAGES TO BOTH!

ADVANTAGES, ADVANTAGES!

The only song I don't love is "Somebody's Calling Me." You can't be jaunty and plodding, James Murphy. You can't have it both ways.

North AMERICAN POW!

It's neck-and-neck between those two, with Plastic Beach right on the cusp. SWEEPSTAKES!

I can't get behind "Vanderlyle" for whatever reason; even if "Somebody's Calling Me" is more of a dead weight, at least it doesn't end the album, you know? I do suspect that "Vanderlyle" will grow on me though.

Plastic Beach completely slipped my mind. That, the previous two mentioned, Teen Dream, and Cosmogramma round out my top five then.

Can't speak to the "Vanderlyle" thing since I like it quite about.

Romance is Boring still #1 for me.

But this is #2 for sure.

And I'm not sure if the plodding nature of Somebody's Calling Me is worse than the generic verses of Drunk Girls, because at least it has that Berlin Bowie vibe. Tough call.

Were woud MGMT fit on yor guyz listss???!!!1!?/!

I don't seem to like This Is Happening nearly as much as most of you, but I am enjoying.

i get a We Suck Young Blood vibe from Somebody's Calling Me. except WSYB isn't almost seven minutes long

just 'cos i'm shallow doesn't mean that i'm heartless
just 'cos i'm heartless doesn't mean that i'm mean

:up:

ridiculously excited to see them live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom