New album talk - Album coming SOON to a galaxy near you!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of New York people and don't even pretend to care about shit they talk about, so I never bothered to ask this, so I'll ask you, Headache: what is a Citibike? Also, what is a cronut?

Yeah, if the world ever needed confirmation that U2 are a bunch of self important twats with the hugest messianic headcase ever seen leading their vocals, that would be it.

I was thinking something more along the lines of their touring contracts not allowing so much as a jet ski ride or hang gliding excursion, much less a fucking rocket trip into outer space, but yeah, what you said also. :up:

:wink:

I know a lot of New York people and don't even pretend to care about shit they talk about, so I never bothered to ask this, so I'll ask you, Headache: what is a Citibike?

New York isn't the only city with those, you know. :wink:

Citi Bike is a privately owned public bicycle sharing system that serves New York City. It is the largest bike sharing program in the United States.[2][4] The system opened to the public in May 2013 with 330 stations and officially with 6,000 bikes

citibike.jpg

I noticed these bikes in downtown Columbus, OH last weekend also. It's catchin' on!

The actual place of Electric Lady Studios seems have some significance with this album, besides being the place it was recorded. Videos filmed there, they seem to be particularly fond of the roof (SBS video, album listening party, now the photo shoot). Maybe it ties in with their whole "Manhattan" theme of the album. If properly executed, I'd be fine with that title if it worked with the theme and sound of the music. I think such a simple concept would also lend itself to a more simple tour (aka arenas, with emphasis on the music rather than the stage and the spectacle of the event). Then again, NLOTH seemed like it would have a pretty understated tour...

We have those city bikes in my city as well. They're free to rent, but you have to register via phone so the city can contact you in case one of the bikes you registered for disappears. A lot of people make use of it, mostly tourists.

We have those city bikes in my city as well. They're free to rent, but you have to register via phone so the city can contact you in case one of the bikes you registered for disappears. A lot of people make use of it, mostly tourists.

We've had citybikes in Copenhagen since 1995. The new ones are going to have tablets. U2 rented bikes for their bicycle trip here for Adam's bachelor party, but I think they were just normal ones.

OMG You guys! Anyone has seen the signs? It's pretty much clear to me that NASA will say that they find another planet who looks like Earth, and U2 is going to do the colonization (that word exists) of the planet, and release the new album Earth 2030, meaning that the whole humanity is going to live in another planet by the year of 2030.

It's pretty much clear to me.

I need some coffee

And there's a 250$ (or thereabouts) 'deposit' they freeze on your card when you rent a bike. It started here in Montreal and has been spreading to other cities. The company running it is in a bit of a financial mess.

Not here. Annual members have no security deposit.

Single day members have $100 deposit. It was subsidized here by Citi Bank (thus the name) to keep costs down.

They've become quite popular here, especially with fake hipsters in Williamsburg who like to ride them from Brooklyn to their very hipstery hedge fund jobs across the bridge. Because it's better for the environment maaaaaaaaaan.

They've become quite popular here, especially with fake hipsters in Williamsburg who like to ride them from Brooklyn to their very hipstery hedge fund jobs across the bridge. Because it's better for the environment maaaaaaaaaan.

lol!!

My brother lives in Kensington Market (Toronto) and drives a Civic, but for work he tries to use these bikes as much as possible, because it takes longer to get there by car, and parking is astronomical. And the thing with taking your own bike that you own, bikes are really hard to keep ownership of here, even with the best of locks. So these temp bikes are pretty cool alternatives. If a thief can manage to get one out of the station lock, well good for them. Not your problem, anyways, you just grab the next one. :up:

PS: Pacemaker has the info! New album title: Electric Larryland: It's All About the Drooms! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom