New album discussion: After despair comes acceptance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, you'd think they could have made reference to the fact that he said he was joking - IN THE VERY SAME TWEET!!?!

Good grief. Is this how the "news" is written these days? :sad:

I know, very little attention to detail and facts. :tsk:

Having said that, I kinda agree with the article regarding the "grand statement" cycle U2 has going. They need to get out of it. I wish U2 were more fleet footed. Spontaneous. Fast. Fun! Release EPs maybe. Anything to get out of this paralysis.

Cool to read that list; always nice to see other people aware of b-sides and other rarities.

And I learned something new: I never realized that Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk was from the Clockwork Orange score as opposed to the AB sessions. Interesting.

Also, one factual inaccuracy - and I'm picking nits, it doesn't matter at all - they said Xanax And Wine was released "on a rarities collection a few years later". But I think "Unreleased & Rare", as part of "The Complete U2", was released on the same day as Bomb. Maybe they were thinking of the later fanclub release that had many of the same tracks as Unreleased & Rare?

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Well, hasn't this been interesting. So because I said Fisher wrote well and he mentioned me in one of his posts that means I'm him? Because I said some nice things about someone who isn't even here being bashed, and they thanked me for it, we must be one in the same? Where's the evidence from the people making these claims?

So out of curiosity I went and looked up Fisher at @U2. He joined over there in 2010, made his first post in 2011. So I guess for this theory to have worked, I would have had to have joined @U2 in 2010, laid in wait all these years, spent who knows how many hours making a bunch of lengthy posts (as others have pointed out, in a completely different writing style) as a quasi "insider" claiming unique insight, then NEVER mention it here (someone else brought it up), but hope someone here would talk about it, then mention myself in one of Fisher's posts (blowing all my clever plans to hell), and destroy any good will I might have built up here with 3,000+ posts? Has it really been that long? How time files when you're hatching a cunning five year plot.

I can't say I didn't wish I could come up with something like this (not to mention could write like Fisher), but alas, I'm afraid theories of my sock puppetry, and those who accuse me of it, are woefully wrong. I'm not, as it turns out, Messr Fisher, nor do I know who he is, though as I said I do find his posts interesting and well written. Sorry to disappoint.

Also just want to say I appreciate the people who have offered me public and private support in this...and didn't jump to conclusions and publicly bash me based on zero evidence. And for those who have defended me...you have my absolute word and assurance that I'm not him. Though it shouldn't be necessary to say so.

And to those of you who went off on this and called me a troll, I hope that if Fisher does decide to come here and start posting, that you'll give him the benefit of the doubt and treat him with respect, because I do think he has a different, and valuable, voice to offer our discussions of U2. But it's not my voice.

Now, to quote another great thinker, Forrest Gump "That's all I have to say about that". This certainly has been a mirror up to nature.

Mom and Pop Steal Jerry's Sneakers - YouTube

Well, hasn't this been interesting. So because I said Fisher wrote well and he mentioned me in one of his posts that means I'm him? Because I said some nice things about someone who isn't even here being bashed we must be one in the same?

So out of curiosity I went and looked up Fisher at @U2. He joined over there in 2010, made his first post in 2011. So I guess for this theory to have worked, I would have had to have joined @U2 in 2010, laid in wait all these years, spent who knows how many hours making a bunch of lengthy posts (as others have pointed out, in a completely different writing style) as a quasi "insider" claiming unique insight, then NEVER mention it here (someone else brought it up), but hope someone here would talk about it, then mention myself in one of Fisher's posts (blowing all my clever plans to hell), and destroy any good will I might have built up here with 3,000+ posts? Has it really been that long? How time files when you're hatching a cunning five year plot.

I can't say I didn't wish I could come up with something like this (not to mention could write like Fisher), but alas, I'm afraid theories of my sock puppetry, and those who accuse me of it, are woefully wrong. I'm not, as it turns out, Messr Fisher, nor do I know who he is, though as I said I do find his posts interesting and well written. Sorry to disappoint.

Also just want to say I appreciate the people who have offered me public and private support in this...and didn't jump to conclusions and publicly bash me based on zero evidence. And for those who have defended me...you have my absolute word and assurance that I'm not him. Though it shouldn't be necessary to say so.

And to those of you who went off on this and called me a troll, I hope that if Fisher does decide to come here and start posting, that you'll give him the benefit of the doubt and treat him with respect, because I do think he has a different, and valuable, voice to offer our discussions of U2. But it's not my voice.

Now, to quote another great thinker, Forrest Gump "That's all I have to say about that". This certainly has been a mirror up to nature.

Mom and Pop Steal Jerry's Sneakers - YouTube

:applaud:

Cool stuff ! This just came out from Rolling Stone Magazine. Check it out. Hardcore fans only... :wink:

20 Insanely Great U2 Songs Only Hardcore Fans Know Pictures - 3. 'North and South of the River' | Rolling Stone

This is the best part of the last 10+ pages of this thread.

I about died when I got to the end and not only was Mercy there, Lady with the Spinning Head was #20. :drool: So many good songs to go listen to this afternoon. :up: :drool:

And Stateless still sounds like a song that got its start in POP and was pushed into the vault only to be revamped for 2000. :reject:

Some dude named Fisher on another website said:
This is some of the most accurate information here. US arena tour has been pencilled in for spring 2014, with outdoor European dates the summer, then outdoor US dates. Album will probably be released late 2013.

The schedule, decided months ago (and reported here previously) is as follows: album "late '13", tour starting spring 2014 in US (arenas), then moving to Europe (outdoor), then back to the US (possibly outdoor). Provisional bookings of US venues were made many months ago. This is from the horses' mouths, though feel free to ridicule it.

If "Fisher" ever does decide to join this community, he should expect us to

a. demand names and credentials for each of his fake sources;

b. repeatedly flog him mercilessly for posting the most fake "insider" information there that turned out to be rubbish.

Frankly who gives a shit? It's all a load of absolute bullshit.

Maybe...maybe not, but I agree who gives a shit.

One thing I will say that is odd is that Larry seems very disengaged in the Invisible video, performance in Fallon and the Fallon interview. I know he always seems moody but this is different.

With that said, I just want an album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So...the billboard article's source was denied by another source in the guardian and LA times, and now the independent states we may have to wait until 2017 (after then decided against reading the "joke" bit to the tweet).

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!£231!!!

This is all so ridiculous, haha. I'm glad Rolling Stone put up this feature today because I had almost forgotten how much I love this band.

But I didn't, no worries.

Jeez, I'm old enough to remember the fuss about Def Leppard going four-and-a-half years between the albums "Pyromania" and "Hysteria", and even then in their defence their drummer had to learn how to play with one arm in the interim.

After all of this bullshit they better freaking deliver their best album since Achtung Baby. This has been torture since 2009. No Line was a huge disappointment for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom