New Album Discussion 1 - Songs of..... - Unreasonable guitar album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they said 9 PM Las Vegas time, so a little more than 2 hours to go. I might as well stay up to midnight tonight so I can stay up later for opening night tomorrow. :yawn:

I think they said 9 PM Las Vegas time, so a little more than 2 hours to go. I might as well stay up to midnight tonight so I can stay up later for opening night tomorrow. :yawn:

9pm Vegas Time is in about an hour and 20 minutes.

If you're in PR, than midnight it is for you

It’d be cool if the single release coincides with a live broadcast of them playing the song from the sphere

I watched the live performance a few hours after it happened and said "meh" Sounded decent, but just a one off that I hoped they'd forget.

Holy SHIT is this good with the production!! For all the reasons everyone already mentioned- Lillywhite and the loud drums, etc, etc.

However, did anyone get the feeling that not only is Edge back, he's doing more different things in three minutes than we've heard him do in years?! It has a "War" vibe for a lot of it obviously, particularly Two Hearts, and the classic Edge chimes, but I'm also hearing some "Blackout meets Pop" type sounds!

And Adam! Damn, to me, he continues to be the stand out and may even be breaking new ground for him here!

This is as excited as I've been for a possible indication of a new direction since "Invisible." We all know they walked that back/watered the sound down, but overall, I think we got a very strong album with a lot of that DNA for SOI.

Wow some of the shots in that video were incredible. The lense flair and bokeh were on point. Honestly some of the best looking shots they’ve done… not bad for a hastily thrown together shot!

It’s really good. Less cringe than usual.

We’ll see how it holds up but I plan to add this to my exercise playlist.

Last edited:
In other words, literally any screen grab from that video would have been a better cover image lol

Better to have it embedded than just a link:

Something sounds kind of weird with Larry's drum sound, like he's playing a cheap kit. I can't describe it but I feel like they should sound heavier? Am I crazy?

There's a couple good lines but overall the lyrics are pretty dumb, just a lot of gobbledygook with a handful of Vegas references and the typical inspirational schtick that's worn out.

Luckily, the tune is very good. It will probably sound even better live.

Good video. This is, Blondie/Clash ripoff aside, very catchy. Better single than anything on the last three albums.
The Fly shades are back !

Yep, this is good. So refreshing to hear the instruments so clearly and I love the bass solo. And the music video is good too - a nice nod to 1987 and what’s going to happen in less than 24 hours. It suits it’s purpose.

It’s nice to have U2 fever once again.

https://twitter.com/channel4news/status/1707423564272394276

'like any sane person we see climate change as being the existential threat of the generation.’ the edge

so that's why you tore up some californian land of environmental interest in the name of luxury properties? That material lifestyle and the lack of anything creative or spiritual is precisely the reason we get meat and potatoes musical nonsense from them these days. Meanwhile, i'm sure bono and co will continue to private jet everywhere for the most meagre of trips.
k

Gotta say I'm pretty pleased overall. The production is fantastic on this song. I still think it hovers around the level of Miracle, The Best Thing (which I like a lot) as far as song quality. But it does let me breathe a sigh of relief after the last 4-5 one off songs that have just been pretty tough to deal with.

The biggest plus is that they seem to actually be doing what they said about the "rock" album. How many times have we heard, we want it to have the feel of 4 guys just playing in a room together? That's what sets this song apart for me from the two aforementioned songs.
Really does sound more loose, stripped back, the bass and drums more raw and unprocessed.

Someone mentioned Larry's drum sound being a little different. I noticed more so on the radio rip we got earlier. I think what we're hearing are just a more natural, untouched sound, higher up in the mix.

My least fave part, the abrupt switch into the bridge.
My fave part at the moment, Edge's solo going into the rapid fire lines about God and roulette, bursting back into I'm Free.

And Adam looking like the fuckin MAN.

So far Youtube comments are quite glowing.

Adam looks great in that video. I think people would respect the band more if they all went gray and grew beards.

Back
Top Bottom