New Album Discussion 1 - Songs of..... - Unreasonable guitar album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’d be ok if they gave up the road, or at least massive tours.

My dream would be for them to release more albums or maybe one album in the vein of

Blue room
Stateless
Velvet dress

Darker, moody, lower register for Bono and trippy guitar from edge. Would be easy on Larry too ;)

See... I don't need a new U2 album.

If they do, great. But it's just gravy.

I'd prefer they tour more.

I’d be ok with a single here and there if they are disciplined enough to tackle something like the original I&E concept

IMG_5872.JPG

or the Springsteen run a few tours back where he tackled a different album each night.

Remember those heady days where we thought we were going to see an I&E tour with a different show each night?

The "vault" thing came to mind again this week with the Diamonds and Pearls reissue confirmed - 33 unreleased songs from that era are included.

Do you think the boys even have 33 unreleased songs from their career? That they'd be willing to let the public hear...

I'd love to have them doing live renditions of every album - even if it's just as part of a series of TV specials with a small audience or something.

It could’ve been incredible. I loved what I saw but the 2-night potential would’ve been another level.

I thought word was one night was to be more hits based and 2nd night was more rarities.

I remember there was talk of a two night "something" in cities with each night being uniquely different but now I'm struggling to remember what the details were. I'm going to guess it was based on one of those Bono ideas which seemed like a good idea until they realised how much rehearsing it would mean so just shelved it.

I remember there was talk of a two night "something" in cities with each night being uniquely different but now I'm struggling to remember what the details were. I'm going to guess it was based on one of those Bono ideas which seemed like a good idea until they realised how much rehearsing it would mean so just shelved it.

There was definitely a "I'll believe it when I see it" vibe when that statement came out.
U2 and setlist variations are like oil and water.

That being said, in some cities they did a good job of mixing up the small segment of the show (e stage segment) that allowed for it. Saw 3 of the 4 shows in Boston and got decent rotation in that part of the show including Crystal Ballroom. It's really all we should expect from U2, they are not Pearl Jam.

And I fully expect zero variation in Vegas, which is why I'm fine with seeing the show once. (I'm sure after seeing it I'll wish I had tix to go again, but large gambling winnings will just have to make up for it).

U2 Live from the Basement would be interesting. Enjoyed Radioheads efforts

I think getting an intimate take on the album vs the stadium sized efforts would be a nice experiment

And I still think I&E was their best production since ZooTV. But the repeat BS on the US leg of E&I did it a disservice.

still think we'll get something standalone & new from them, ala Invisible.

hopeful that it'll land in the next three weeks, in time for tour kick-off

still think we'll get something standalone & new from them, ala Invisible.

hopeful that it'll land in the next three weeks, in time for tour kick-off

I feel torn on the likelihood of this. On the one hand, I can't imagine them debuting live material without Larry, but on the other, I can't see them playing their first live shows in 4 years, centered on a 30+ year old album no less, without having something new to show off, to maintain their 'image' of looking forward and rejecting the dinosaur/jukebox act.

If they'd go so far as to perform without Larry, maybe they'd play new material without him too.
... But somehow playing one-off shows without him doesn't feel as far to me as playing new music; the latter somehow feels like leaving him behind in a bigger way, which is why I don't think they'll do it (at least, for now).

Maybe a compromise could be if they release a studio track at the same time which has Larry recorded on drums :shrug:

Maybe Larry can play the cowbell and angrily get into Bono's face during each song

Two things would be epic:
Instead of Bono phoning world leaders during the show he calls Larry at home.
EBTTRT will have Larry join in to play ala Garth at the MTV music awards.
You heard it here first!

Two things would be epic:
Instead of Bono phoning world leaders during the show he calls Larry at home.
EBTTRT will have Larry join in to play ala Garth at the MTV music awards.
You heard it here first!

when it's 9pm in vegas it's 5am in dublin.

i don't think larry would be on board.

Back
Top Bottom