NBA 2021-22: Ben Simmons and Kyrie Walk Into A Bar While Talking About The Lakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
seinfeld-jason-alexander.gif

Kief lowered his shoulder into Jokic on a fast break and walked away expecting that nobody was going to do anything to him because oh my god it's Markieff Morris and he's a tough guy from Philly.

like - Jokic grew up in a literal warzone. he's not afraid of you.

EDIT TO ADD:

https://twitter.com/msinger/status/1458091309445656592

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Kief lowered his shoulder into Jokic on a fast break and walked away expecting that nobody was going to do anything to him because oh my god it's Markieff Morris and he's a tough guy from Philly.

like - Jokic grew up in a literal warzone. he's not afraid of you.

EDIT TO ADD:

https://twitter.com/msinger/status/1458091309445656592

:popcorn:

Of all people, I would not expect you to be the one saying that that was Morris “lowering his shoulder on a fast break.” Talk about a holy overreaction by Jokic.

Of all people, I would not expect you to be the one saying that that was Morris “lowering his shoulder on a fast break.” Talk about a holy overreaction by Jokic.
It's exactly what he did. It was a cheap shot that was met with a cheap shot. It's clear as day when you look at the reverse angle

https://twitter.com/Rjeff24/status/1458115427096170497?t=isvSFhV5yKTW6IoJ3fk2eQ&s=19

It's also clear when you consider that when this occured it was an 18 point game with 2 minutes left.

It was also upgraded to a flagrant 2 and an ejection on the spot.

What Jokic did was wrong. He will be suspended, and deservedly so.

But Morris will be suspended as well, and deservedly so.

If all Keef does is commit a simple take foul, Jokic doesn't respond the way he does. But he trucked him instead, because that's the kind of thing the Morris twins typically do - and very few people ever go back at them. Keef misjudged exactly who Jokic was.

The reaction from the Heat and the shots of them waiting in the locker room to fight Jokic are also being clowned, as they should be.

Last edited:
It's exactly what he did. It was a cheap shot that was met with a cheap shot. It's clear as day when you look at the reverse angle

https://twitter.com/Rjeff24/status/1458115427096170497?t=isvSFhV5yKTW6IoJ3fk2eQ&s=19

It's also clear when you consider that when this occured it was an 18 point game with 2 minutes left.

It was also upgraded to a flagrant 2 and an ejection on the spot.

What Jokic did was wrong. He will be suspended, and deservedly so.

But Morris will be suspended as well, and deservedly so.

If all Keef does is commit a simple take foul, Jokic doesn't respond the way he does. But he trucked him instead, because that's the kind of thing the Morris twins typically do - and very few people ever go back at them. Keef misjudged exactly who Jokic was.

The reaction from the Heat and the shots of them waiting in the locker room to fight Jokic are also being clowned, as they should be.

As clear as day? That’s honestly the best angle to suggest the opposite of what you’re saying. “Cheap shot”… for real? He gives Jokic a totally unnecessary extra shove. In front of him, where Jokic was aware of what was going on. Jokic is a big boy he can and did handle it. The fact that they called it flagrant 2 is borderline ridiculous. I’ve seen harder Hack-a-Shaq fouls.

But where your perspective totally becomes absurd is thinking what Morris did face on to Jokic is deserving of what Jokic did to Morris from behind. That’s not an attempt to defend Morris’s character. If Jokic didn’t do what he did, but instead did an equal but opposite shove, neither player would’ve been ejected.

And you of all people historically talk about how LeBron and the current NBA are soft and blah blah blah Michael Jordan Detroit Pistons blah blah blah… come on now.

what jokic did was wrong. i never said it wasn't. i never even said it wasn't worse than what Keef did.

if Keef doesn't hit him with a totally unnecessary and dirty cheap shot, the Jokic play doesn't happen.

if you want to try and argue that what keef did wasn't a cheap shot or dirty play then i'm done here. Keef trucks Jokic. he makes zero play on the ball. he hits him with his shoulder and then extends his arm out. his dirty play instigated the entire incident.

i don't even know what the nba/soft comment even means or why it's relevant to this discussion.

Last edited:
what jokic did was wrong. i never said it wasn't. i never even said it wasn't worse than what Keef did.

if Keef doesn't hit him with a totally unnecessary and dirty cheap shot, the Jokic play doesn't happen.

if you want to try and argue that what keef did wasn't a cheap shot or dirty play then i'm done here. Keef trucks Jokic. he makes zero play on the ball. he hits him with his shoulder and then extends his arm out. his dirty play instigated the entire incident.

i don't even know what the nba/soft comment even means or why it's relevant to this discussion.

‘You never even said it wasn’t worse than what Morris did’ yet you’re insinuating that because Morris is a poor character, he somehow deserved it. You’re taking blame away from Jokic for his actions and placing it on Morris. Which is exactly what you do (again) with your next sentence.

You can be done here, though I don’t think anyone can possibly have a conversation with you if you just threaten dismissal at the very sight of disagreement. You’re using rather aggressive terms like “trucks” when, to me, he just shoved him. The type of shove that could potentially start a tussle, or honestly nothing at all.

There’s no doubt that Morris’s actions were unnecessary contact and instigative. I guess we should blame Steve Moore for getting attacked from behind by Todd Bertuzzi because he had a questionable hit on Markus Naslund and should’ve known better, or something like that. One of these things is not like the other.

Can we just agree that Jokic did not grow up in a war zone. He was like 6 months old when the Dayton Accords were signed and like 4 years old during the Kosovo war.

Last edited:
Lakers, without LeBron, beat the Heat last night. Actually very impressed by Westbrook's clutch buckets toward the end of regulation. One of them was a turn around 13 footer that he took and drained with supreme confidence.

And the Bulls are so fun. Lonzo looks great. DeRozan + Lavine are proving to be a dynamic 1-2 punch in the scoring column. Even my guy Ayo Dosunmu is contributing off the bench. Good times.

This is like Yankee fans calling the new place the house that Ruth built.

The only building currently standing that should be referred to as The Garden is the Mecca of Mediocre Basketball. BING Bong.

Well yeah the old Boston Garden was the true pillar of the NBA.
But the new building does have a title to its name this millennium. Your mecca is approaching a half century since it last title with no end in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom