Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist

What a cool album name! Hopefully the album is at least good if not better. Bought it pretty much cos of these 2 reasons:

1. The special CD/DVD edition was on sale for 10 bucks.

2. My fellow Pearl Jam buddy here likes it a lot. :wink:

I think I was quite restrained yesterday, at the huge record fair that's going on at the moment:

Eric Clapton - Crossroads
Stan Getz - Quartets
Elton John - Honky Château
Prince - Purple Rain
V/A - Jazz At The Santa Monica Civic '72

:)

:lol: I was going to post that I got the Joshua Tree cd/dvd set yesterday, but I was too wrapped up in the :drool:ing to remember. It's gorgeous.

Amy Winehouse - Frank

I also don't think I ever posted that I got the Ryan Adams & The Cardinals EP...but I obviously did on the day it came out. :wink:

Did some Christmas shopping for the family...

Paul McCartney & Wings - Band on the Run - for daughter 1
Josh Groban - Christmas songs - for daughter 2
Taj Mahal - Blues with a Feeling - for the husband

I'm waiting on the deluxe version of JT :drool:, so I can get it for Christmas and not have to pay for it. That said, I figured it was time to "feed" my iPod, so I got

Alanis Morisette-Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie
The Beatles-Please Please Me
Bob Dylan-Blood On The Tracks
Bruce Springsteen-The Rising
Bruce Springsteen-Magic
Oasis-(What's The Story) Morning Glory?
Sarah McLachlan-Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

Blondie - Greatest Hits
Pat Benatar - Greatest Hits
Muse - Black Holes & Revelations
JT - on it's way from Amazon as we speak :yippie:
Johnny Cash - Greatest Hits
High School Musical 2 (for my 8yr old daughter!!!)
Eagles

Yep, had a splurge this last week! :reject:

The Joshua Tree-Super Deluxe Edition :drool:
Bruce Springsteen-Live in Dublin (DVD)
The Flaming Lips-UFO's at the Zoo (DVD) :combust:

I ironically have not posted anything I've bought in this thread. No worries, I have not stopped buying CDs. Far from it. For example, here was today's haul (and I already know one more I'll be getting for certain tomorrow, the week is still young :wink: ).

61oxJWTfNFL._AA240_.jpg

51WCB-MMzXL._AA240_.jpg

41A40VYR69L._AA240_.jpg

61lgjKsd%2B-L._AA240_.jpg

Bunbury said:
The Mission - God is a Bullet

How is it? I'm only familiar with their classics, Butterfly on a Wheel and Wasteland.

Metal-wise, I've been wanting to ask your thoughts on Dragon Force. I bought the new Dillinger Escape Plan, but I haven't listened to it yet...

heh, not that good I bought it because I read a review that said it was throwback to their heyday sound. Their 2001 release Aura was a kickass comeback that sounded like their old school goth rock sound if not better . I was expecting the same again. I'm a little disappointed. GIAB sounds more like their 90's mediocre releases, oh well.

Dragonforce not really into them... guitar masturbation tour de force IMO lol. Dillinger is cool I was supposed to see them live not too long ago but they cancelled. Haven't heard the new one yet.

Yeah, I only know Dragon Force from Guitar Hero 3 (yes, I'm lame). Pretty fun/funny stuff, but I'm sure more than a song or two would be too much. Supposedly the new Dillinger is their best yet, guess I need to listen to it...

Got this today:

Interpol_LIVE.jpg

Wilco - Being There
Feist - The Reminder
Elliott Smith - XO
Elliott Smith - Figure 8
Depeche Mode - Exciter
Dave Gahan - Paper Monsters
Ed Harcourt - Here Be Monsters
Beth Orton - Comfort Of Strangers
Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels On A Gravel Road

Almost everything is new to me...I've had burned copies of the Elliott Smith discs for quite a long time...:reject: Finally made it official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom