More new U2 album discussion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember Gavin being a big bullshitter. I tried to search for old threads with him talking about previous albums and couldn't find anything.

I think it's Neil McCormack that hyped the last few albums.

Don't tell SiriusXM, but I would pay the monthly subscription if all they offered was 1st Wave. The Saturday Night Safety Dance is da bomb.

Saturday Night Safety Dance is sofa king good. If im listening to XM on a Saturday night, then that's all im listening too. I have a thing from XM where they let me renew for 6 months for $25. :up:

I listen to XMU and Alt Nation a lot (and 1st Wave some of the time). The nice thing about my truck' s stereo is that I have the feature that tells you when a certain artist is playing on the radio, and I usually get 2 or more notifications about U2 every time I get in the car. :lol: A lot of the time, it's in the 300 channels, which usually means a live version of Gloria or SBS - along those lines anyway. But they do play the usual suspects and some lesser-known songs a good amount too.

:up: I had this little thought that came into my head earlier today that u2 was on so I flipped the channel from XMU to 1st wave and 'stories for boys' was playing. :up:

What else would he say?

The same thing that most everyone else that has heard it is saying.
Effectively nothing at all.

"Yeah I heard it, but I can't say anything about it".

And given that I couldn't find any previous hyperbole from him (not that it doesn't exist, just couldn't find it) at least speaks to this being a more interesting opinion than the typical fluff from all the typical people.

This whole "confirmed rumor" stuff is getting old and unfunny, and I wasn't even on this board when it originated.

It's about as funny as people making "my neighbor's cousin's dog...", "Edge on fire", "maybe...we'll see" jokes for the 10,000th time.

The only one that still holds up for me is "Is Bono okay?? :sad:" because it pokes fun at pathetic and narrow-minded obsessive U2 fans, which is a nice remedy after suffering though parts of this forum.

U2 * Death by a thousand cuts

-kafkaesque
-method of delivery
-everybody's talking
-sunset
-every breaking wave
-random universe
-made 2 suffer
-marriage =
-Maaro maaro sooar ko, chamdi nocho pee lo khoon
-north star
-thrust
-remember my name

It's about as funny as people making "my neighbor's cousin's dog...", "Edge on fire", "maybe...we'll see" jokes for the 10,000th time.

The only one that still holds up for me is "Is Bono okay?? :sad:" because it pokes fun at pathetic and narrow-minded obsessive U2 fans, which is a nice remedy after suffering though parts of this forum.
Certainly can't argue with any of this.

re:album title discussion, I agree with Headache's post a little ways back. As long as the music's good, who gives a damn about the title? Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band sounds like a stupidass title, yet it's one of the most revered albums in rock and roll history. I wouldn't get too concerned once we find out the album title, though telling some people to not over-analyze something can be like talking to a wall.

Anyone who still believes in Manhattan should just drop it now since the band haven't decided song titles yet.

Not sure what to make of "better than ever" vs best since Achtung Baby.

Not sure what to make of "better than ever" vs best since Achtung Baby.
Don't believe the hype. Simple as that. I won't expect anything. I'll listen to it and again and again and again.....before that: no big expectations or whatsoever. Of course I hope they blow me away with a fantastic record, but I don't buy any hyperbolic statements made by anyone.

Bomb could be their ''best record ever'' remember?

I think it's important to remember that no big U2 fan - that includes Lanois, Friday and Blackwell ofc - is immune from first-listen euphoria. Hell, everyone here was going gaga over GOYB on its debut, now the general consensus is it's a barrel of horse piss. So any comparisons with Achtung or "better than ever" tweets should be taken with a massive grain of salt.

And then he plugged in his own albums. What better title to have than "best record since Achtung Baby" next to that? Which is what I would have done too if I was in his shoes.

Don't believe the hype. Simple as that. I won't expect anything. I'll listen to it and again and again and again.....before that: no big expectations or whatsoever. Of course I hope they blow me away with a fantastic record, but I don't buy any hyperbolic statements made by anyone.

Bomb could be their ''best record ever'' remember?

Good point! After a year of listening to the new record the chips will fall where they may.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom