MLB 2010 The Third - B. Wood Popped Out to Catcher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The line on MIN/NYY is +160/-180. Betting on Minnesota is practically free monies here.

I was shocked to see Minny with the worst AL pennant odds of the four participants (9/2) behind the good guys at 4/1, the Devil Rays at 9/5, and the Yankees at 8/5. I guess that's what an injured Morneau does to you.

What's Hamilton's status?

Don't you worry about my man Cool Whip.

I was shocked to see Minny with the worst AL pennant odds of the four participants (9/2) behind the good guys at 4/1, the Devil Rays at 9/5, and the Yankees at 8/5. I guess that's what an injured Morneau does to you.

It stems mostly from them facing the Yanks in the ALDS, conventional Vegas wisdom is that the Yanks win that series, making Minny an extreme longshot for the ALCS.
Oddsmakers generally look at the entirety of the season, not recent events (aside from key injuries of course), so the Yanks down the stretch struggles are not factored in to the odds much.

I'm confident in my Yankees, but I wouldn't take those odds against Minny.

Morneau's been out since early July. I think the oddsmakers are going by historical performance.

My fucking fingers could not be crossed more.

People are taking the Yankees over the Twins? That's surprising to me.

Well, I don't blame them given the history.
Obviously, I'm not. This team has a good feel for how to win important games. Oddly enough, I think the end of season slump bears that out a little.

Man is it hard to focus on anything today. Bring on the first pitch!

Looks like Clifford Lee might be wearing his "Fuck it, let's just fuck these guys up" pants today.

And Price decided to crap the bed to Frenchie and Molina. Great combination...

2q390lf.gif

it would be nice if cc could dominate the way halladay and lee did today but he'll probably last 5, ny will lose and it will be a waste of a year.

i'm sounding like pf now

it would be nice if cc could dominate the way halladay and lee did today but he'll probably last 5, ny will lose and it will be a waste of a year.

i'm sounding like pf now
2008 caused me to lose my cynicism in 2009. If you recall last year, I was defending Charlie Manuel in the playoffs here. That's unheard of for me.

Is it weird that I'm really nervous right now? I'm practically shaking.

This shit is awesome.

Go fucking get 'em, Doc.

did you guys know that halladay has a no hitter through 8.1?

/jinx?

If Roy Halladay played another game against the Reds and the rest of the team took the night off, who would win?

Never in my life did I think I'd raise my arms in celebration after a Phillies win.

That just felt like one of my teams did something great. I haven't stopped smiling. So happy for that motherfucker.

Trapped in Toronto for years, now he will rightfully go down as a true MLB pitching legend. Good fucking shit.

Back
Top Bottom