MLB 2010 - The Second - B. Wood struck out swinging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to apologize for Minnesota's sole contribution to the game last night. It's indicative of our season recently.

At least Mauer's bad throw didn't hurt, and Kuo's bad throw eventually did.

I think that's where the Tigers are going to end up. We just don't have the pitching to hang in this race and I expect both Jackson and Bosch will slow down in the second half.

This does not look like a division winning team to me.

I think that's where the Tigers are going to end up. We just don't have the pitching to hang in this race and I expect both Jackson and Bosch will slow down in the second half.

This does not look like a division winning team to me.

Really? I still think it's between the Tigers and the Twins.

No offense to the Sox, but I just don't see the momentum continuing.

Fister and Dickey are both pitching tonight, as it turns out.

I continue to watch the Imperors with much glee....if they had just one more good starting pitcher they'd scare the crap out of me, should the pinstripes make it that far then meet them in the playoffs.

thanks texas. nice start to the 2nd half :up:

You're welcome?

I continue to watch the Imperors with much glee....if they had just one more good starting pitcher they'd scare the crap out of me, should the pinstripes make it that far then meet them in the playoffs.

A playoff rotation of Lee-Colbyashi-CJ-Big Game is one I'm happy to go to war with if it comes to that. Bring it on.

Likewise. Honestly, I perfectly realize the road through the AL goes through New York, as does any Ray or Sock or Twin or Wakefield or B. Wood fan. Nothing could be more apt than exorcising the demons of the past Rangers playoff departures, so I do certainly hope it comes to that.

What's interesting is that I started this season with the thinking that I'd be completely satisfied in the Range won the West and made the playoffs. At this point, I'm dreaming a lot bigger.

Likewise. Honestly, I perfectly realize the road through the AL goes through New York, as does any Ray or Sock or Twin or Wakefield or B. Wood fan. Nothing could be more apt than exorcising the demons of the past Rangers playoff departures, so I do certainly hope it comes to that.

What's interesting is that I started this season with the thinking that I'd be completely satisfied in the Range won the West and made the playoffs. At this point, I'm dreaming a lot bigger.

To clarify, I'm not taking some sort of "The Yankees rotation is better" stance. I'm thinking more globally.

And, the Yanks could easily not make the playoffs, I take nothing for granted on that front.

And, it's natural to adjust your goals once it seems like your sights were possibly set too low.

Well sure. Even though my big baseball mindset is keeping track of the Rangers winning and Angels losing, that East race will probably shake out to be one for the ages. It'll be a lot of fun to watch. To a lesser extent (by merit of a probable single berth rather than two), the same could be said for the Central. It's a great year to be an AL fan.

I'll be rooting for the Rangers when the Phillies inevitably don't make the playoffs.

This Phillies season has me really frustrated, and then I begin to think maybe I've been spoiled, and then I become depressed that one world championship in my lifetime by one team constitutes being spoiled.

This season is not fun, is my point.

One WS does not make you spoiled....3 post-season appearances in a row puts you on the path to being spoiled, though. Not many teams pull that off in baseball.

Watching the Yanks but flipping over to watch Strasburg pitch as well....

His command was really off early on, he threw 50 pitches in the first two innings....

He's done for the night after six innings, and he gave up 4 hits, 3 walks, 7 strikeouts and 0 runs.....and I think that's what impresses me most....dude really was struggling to locate and he still didn't give up any runs.

Nice walkoff win for the Yanks. Swisher has been playing fantastic.

Now if Texas can hold onto its lead, we gain a game from both the Rays and Red Sox.

Robertson was nasty tonight. I hope they'll try him as setup man.

Now if someone cares to explain: how the hell did Molina hit a triple?

There is a joke somewhere in the fact that he got injured after hitting a triple.

But a catcher hitting for the cycle with a grand slam is pretty cool.

Two heartwarming non-Molina moments from tonight's Rangers/Red Sox tilt:

qqr2ih.gif

2znwthc.gif

The jury is still out on whether or not the two events were related.

Alright. I know the Rangers stole 24645746 bases on us that one game, but this is getting downright insulting.

:: puts end of box on stick ::
:: puts carrott under box ::

0-2 with lee, damn trade was a bust

:: runs and hides behind tree ::

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom