MERGED-->Vertigo Hits iTunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is the quality of that one the same as the on from U2valencia?

Yeah, it's pretty much the same. The running time is 3:13 though, but it seems identical to the radio version we already have.

Well I guess this confirms that the U2valencia is a CD RIP, as it sounds exactly the same that the itunes version, same volume level and everything (judging from the sample, which is as good in quality as the downloadable version, at least when you have broadband).

Cask said:
Well I guess this confirms that the U2valencia is a CD RIP, as it sounds exactly the same that the itunes version, same volume level and everything (judging from the sample, which is as good in quality as the downloadable version, at least when you have broadband).

Yep, that seems to be the case. I bought it anyway, just to do my part in getting it on the top songs list :)

It's great to see Vertigo pushed so much on iTunes. I don't think I've ever seen a three-column image spread for a single song or album on iTunes. The playlist notes are very positive too. I can't wait to see how quickly this moves up their sales charts.

I would buy it too, but we´ve got no way to buy anything from Itunes in Mexico, we can just browse and listen to samples, you need to have a credit card with a billing address within the US, or a few other countries.

Cask said:
I would buy it too, but we´ve got no way to buy anything from Itunes in Mexico, we can just browse and listen to samples, you need to have a credit card with a billing address within the US, or a few other countries.

Same problem here too. Cant buy it in Australia either : sigh:

thanks, going to go buy it now :)

gorman said:
It's great to see Vertigo pushed so much on iTunes. I don't think I've ever seen a three-column image spread for a single song or album on iTunes. The playlist notes are very positive too. I can't wait to see how quickly this moves up their sales charts.

:up: :happy:

Last edited:
Could anybody who has the i tune Vertigo please give us a review when they have the time?:) I wish I could but as I'm in australia we are not worthy to use itunes

Then we can verify for once the valencia recording.

why the hell can't Australians use Itunes? I thought the internet was supposed to break geographical barriers. What the hell is stopping this country from purchasing music online?! Argh! :mad:
I just don't understand anything anymore.

Who knows? It doesn't make sense?

Maybe apple have signed a deal with telstra bigpond, nine msn etc etc so we have to buy our music from them?

I've just bought the iTunes version too...I think its safe to say if you've heard the Valencia version you've also heard the iTunes version, no difference at all as far as I can tell. You're not missing a thing if you don't have access to iTunes

I had the Valencia clip within minutes of it being available, and I'm going to buy the song from iTunes very shortly. Why? Because it means that I have sent a message to the band that I value their work, one that can most easily be expressed in dollars as opposed to simple well-wishing.
AussieU2fanman said:
why the hell can't Australians use Itunes? I thought the internet was supposed to break geographical barriers. What the hell is stopping this country from purchasing music online?! Argh! :mad:
I just don't understand anything anymore.
Apple has to negotiate with every single record company in every country it wishes to launch iTunes.

For example, after spending months hammering out a contract Sony could grant them unfettered access to their entire catalogue in one country and then force them to start negotiations over from scratch in the next. It is long, complicated and undoubtedly expensive.

beli said:
Well its not on that Australian msn crapola download thingie shop. (the one that had the U2 competition. )
To be honest, the other online music services are crap, plain and simple.

Buy.com's is probably the worst out of all of them. It is renown for checking with the server to validate the user's authorization to play a particular song every single time you play something different. As well as randomly refusing to authorize songs.

It's not worth the cost of the bandwidth - even if your connection is free. :)

The other services are not much better.

iTunes is far from perfect, but it is the best we've got and it is pretty damn good.

:heart: my iBook :heart:

I'm listening to "Vertigo" right now, thanks to my iTunes. When the prompt came up asking if I wanted to buy it, I was like, "What do YOU think?"

Talking back to a prompt message on a computer...that's pretty sad!

But I'm happy to have "Vertigo" now!

Here's one more screenshot from iTunes: http://g0rman.com/itunesvertigo3.jpg

This shows the newly updated U2 artist page, which features the full photo. There's not too much to see, but it looks pretty cool. I think the "top songs" lists update every 24 hours, so hopefully by tomorrow we'll be able to tell how well it's doing.

As it's been said, the song is no different than what we already had. The quality is the same CDS MP3 that's been floating around.

It is unfortunate that the iTunes Music Store (iTMS) isn't in more regions yet, but that will be changing in the near future. There are constant articles regarding how hard Apple is working to try and get iTMS to as many regions as possible, which includes Australia. In fact, I believe the Australian version of iTMS is coming next.

At any rate, if you do have access to iTMS, you really should try and purchase a copy of Vertigo, even though you already have it. I personally think it's very important for Vertigo to do well on all the charts, and the iTMS charts are becoming fairly influential. Plus, as someone else said, this is a great way to show the band how much we love the song!

I thought someone was on here saying that the U2Valencia one was poor quality when he analysed it properly? Which confused me, but if the one from iTunes is pretty much the same, what's going on?

Back
Top Bottom