MERGED --> U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say that it's quite...moving to see most people on this forum, even those who don't post regularly or who have been absent for a while or post in certain sub-forums or for whatever reason - have come together here to offer their thoughts & prayers. :hug:

thatsnotmypuppy said:
OK - word from Ticketek - Coppel has new dates. The tour at this point is officially POSTPONED - not cancelled and dates are in the third/fourth quarter 2006. So Sept / Oct is the word. There will be a press announcement in the next 24 hours.

I hope that this is correct information but it would seem to me that this would all depend on the health of the sick individual. I can't imagine that if it is this serious they would have new dates that quickly.

Axver said:
Interference is officially a pile of horseshit today.

Well, anyway, Dream Theater's now my favourite band.

Wow...

You're a bigger cocksucker than I thought, Axver. May you rot in hell.

I just read through this entire thread (well, with the exception of a few redundant posts). I see fans' true colors are flying, whether they call themselves big fans or not. :sigh: "Big fans" who can only criticize when an obviously horrible situation is unfolding in a band member's life, and then those who really are fans; the ones who put the health of the families of the band first. Disappointment is to be expected and is fine, but the criticism and the "what about me" attitudes are sickening.

I can't imagine how serious the situation must be for the band to do something this drastic. I'm heartened by the rescheduling, and I hope it's a sign that the situation is only temporarily bleak.

I hope they know that their fans are along for this ride with them.

(Hi cass. I miss you.)

tlt29 said:
Wow...

You're a bigger cocksucker than I thought, Axver. May you rot in hell.
1. he's banned. he can't read the thread. i've posted this thrice now (this'll be the fourth time) and sicy's posted it once as well.
2. personal attacks are not allowed at all.

Lila64 said:
I just want to say that it's quite...moving to see most people on this forum, even those who don't post regularly or who have been absent for a while or post in certain sub-forums or for whatever reason - have come together here to offer their thoughts & prayers. :hug:

I agree, very nice note Lila.

I started reading this thread, had a few angry things in mind that I was prepared to write out, but thought against it.

Sure, there are a few unbelievably uncaring and selfish U2 fans. But overall it makes me so glad to see all the support and caring in this thread. :heart: It makes me very proud to be a U2 fan.

My thoughts are with each of the guys, as with each of their respective family members. :sad: This shouldn't be about shows or money, this should be about one of our favorite people's loved one being in a VERY serious situation.

Many :hug: s to all.

KhanadaRhodes said:

1. he's banned. he can't read the thread. i've posted this thrice now (this'll be the fourth time) and sicy's posted it once as well.
2. personal attacks are not allowed at all.

1. Sorry. Obviously I didn't read throught he whole thread before posting.

2. Sorry. The a-hole has it coming.

an_cat said:
I started reading this thread, had a few angry things in mind that I was prepared to write out, but thought against it.

Sure, there are a few unbelievably uncaring and selfish U2 fans. But overall it makes me so glad to see all the support and caring in this thread. :heart: It makes me very proud to be a U2 fan.

My thoughts are with each of the guys, as with each of their respective family members. :sad: This shouldn't be about shows or money, this should be about one of our favorite people's loved one being in a VERY serious situation.

Many :hug: s to all.

Well put. I really hope whoever is sick, they are ok. :(

These guys are human beings like the rest of us and it's sad some people don't see that.

lcfcok said:
\

Welcome to cold war russia commrades

hahahaha No shite. I can't beleive that dude got banned for having a differing opinion. I'm not here very often. Is this usual? He didn't attack anyone. he's just selfish.

Yeah, i hope the band memeber's family member is okay, but no more then thousands of other childeren dying today. To bad people here don't value life as much as they value U2 family member's lives. It's kind of ridiculous. I actually feel more for all the fans then for whomever. It's just such a shocker. I'm not saying U2 shouldn't have the right to cancel their shows, I just feel for the 1/2 million people who are roaming around with mouths wide open.

I'm sure U2 will take care of them. Who's starting the "what will U2 throw down as a make-up" thread?

kinghenry said:

hahahaha No shite. I can't beleive that dude got banned for having a differing opinion. I'm not here very often. Is this usual? He didn't attack anyone. he's just selfish.

Yea there's your answer right there. You aren't here enough to see him fight with other members and insult them on a constant basis. He's been repeatedly warned.

kinghenry said:

Yeah, i hope the band memeber's family member is okay, but no more then thousands of other childeren dying today. To bad people here don't value life as much as they value U2 family member's lives. It's kind of ridiculous. I actually feel more for all the fans then for whomever. It's just such a shocker. I'm not saying U2 shouldn't have the right to cancel their shows, I just feel for the 1/2 million people who are roaming around with mouths wide open.

I'm sure U2 will take care of them. Who's starting the "what will U2 throw down as a make-up" thread?

This isn't about that, so I wouldn't turn it into anything more. No one was saying anything about poverty, jeez. Where did that come from? :huh:

Obviously, all of us care very, very much for each of the guys. Some of us come on here each day just to see what's going on in their lives. If one of their loved ones is sick or DYING then obviously there are going to be tons of caring, hope filled responses. What else do you expect? Nobody said anything about not caring about other people who were dying in the world.

:eyebrow:

They are playing One Tree Hill on the radio right now.. :sad:

My thoughts and prayers are with the entire U2 family.

kinghenry said:

You have got to be kidding me. :|

amylikesedge said:

So, I've never posted here because I've never seen a cause to before. But this... the way you're behaving is just atrocious. I would be ashamed and embarrassed to publically admit, on the day we find out one of their family members is in such a worrisome condition that they need to postpone tour dates (something they seldom do), that you're more concerned about your money than a small child's life. Just think about that for a moment, okay?

thank you for this presence of mind. i sure as hell hope the band or their reps don't pop on here to see what they SHOULD expect - a flood of compassion coming from their fans about this terrible turn of events. i don't know how many pages i sifted through before there was a post saying the only thing that should be said. a child's life is likely at stake here. a CHILD, living, breathing, suffering child of a member of a band you all claim to care for and love. concerns about fares and refunds and hopes for rescheduling are GIVEN and are insults to utter, frankly. it is an absolute disgrace that comments like the above are in the minority here tonight.

an_cat said:

This isn't about that, so I wouldn't turn it into anything more. No one was saying anything about poverty, jeez. Where did that come from? :huh:

Obviously, all of us care very, very much for each of the guys. Some of us come on here each day just to see what's going on in their lives. If one of their loved ones is sick or DYING then obviously there are going to be tons of caring, hope filled responses. What else do you expect? Nobody said anything about not caring about other people who were dying in the world.

:eyebrow:

It just seems strange to me. I love U2 and some other bands, but i can't shed a tear anymore then i would for those murdered nightly on TV. sorry. That dude's reaction seemed quite normal for humanity. he was in shock and humans are inherently selfish.

i can't catch up. i'm staying on the last page.

why do people think sept/oct is in the future?

thatsnotmypuppy said:
OK - word from Ticketek - Coppel has new dates. The tour at this point is officially POSTPONED - not cancelled and dates are in the third/fourth quarter 2006. So Sept / Oct is the word. There will be a press announcement in the next 24 hours.
Cheers Puppy you're a champion!

Tho I hope U2 and/or promoters aren't being premature by rushing news of new dates out....:(

Wow, I haven`t been to interference in two days, just showed up and this completely blindsided me.....really disappointed of course but understandable they`re postponing. I just can`t see them rescheduling later but then again, this news suprised me, so who knows.

kinghenry said:

agreed!! but this is a u2 kiss ass forum these days and no longer a u2 discussion forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom