MERGED --> U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what I posted on the homepage of Interference:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we don't know for sure which member of U2 has the family illness which is postponing the ten final dates of the Vertigo tour,

why don't we all just pray for U2 and their families as ONE?

The less speculation right now, the better.

This all goes to show why we should stop fighting with each other over petty things and celebrate the Goodness in each of us.

God has always seen U2 through the tough times. God is with all of them right now.

:larry: :adam: :edge: :hug: :bono: :love:

Mr. BAW said:
Maybe we can step back a moment and say a prayer for the U2 family and hope for the best...concerts can be made up, a little girl's life can't...Best wishes for whoever it may be....: Praying Hands :

My thoughts exactly! I'm still a little shaky (bit upset) not that we are missing out....its not that.......my prayers are with you U2 especially to you The Edge and your family at this time, may at Gods speed your little girl recovers.

Ps:Everyone Hug your children more!:hug:

Do you guys know for sure it's little Sian?

Whoever it may be god bless, and I will keep U2 and their fam in my prayers tonight.

RebelJamesDean said:
Do you guys know for sure it's little Sian?

Whoever it may be god bless, and I will keep U2 and their fam in my prayers tonight.

It's true that the Edge was the last one to arrive in Brazil... And rumors were that he went to LA to stay with his ill daughter. :shrug:

Windmilllane said:
I can understand people being upset at losing money and not being able to see the shows.
But if you really love this band, then you would care more about Edge's daughter and pray for her well-being and speedy recovery than losing money or the chance to see them live.

I'm still stunned about this. Not because they postponed the dates, but because of Edge's daughter. She's a little girl, fighting for her life.

I love this band so much, and anything tragic that happens to them would devastate me.

:sad:

:edge:

:hug:

Windmillane, there have been times in the past when I have not agreed with you. But this is one of the most beautiful and heartfelt posts I've ever read, and I agree with everything you've said. Thank you. :hug:

May God hold Our Band and their loved ones in His hands during this difficult time.

dmt0002 said:
Remember they have played without Adam in Sydney before!!!

Different scenario completely. They found he couldnt play the afternoon of the the actual show. People were already in the stadium. If they had even had a days notice they would have postponed that show also.

ramblin rose said:
Honestly that's the least of it, in the end it's only money. Whatever is happening to Edge or whoever in the band is definately a worse situation than mine.

:up:

I do feel badly for those whose plans have been affected, and I know I'd be upset if I were in their situation. But I also hope that everyone takes a deep breath, takes a step back, and realizes that this certainly wasn't a casual decision on the band's part.

I've been sitting here thinking about how important U2's music has been to me in the difficult times in my life. Seriously, there have been times when I've felt as if no one could possibly understand what I was going through, and a U2 song was the first thing that made any sense to me. I can only hope that whoever in the band is dealing with the illness of a loved one can find that sort of comfort in this tough time. :hug:

Jamila said:
As we don't know for sure which member of U2 has the family illness which is postponing the ten final dates of the Vertigo tour,

why don't we all just pray for U2 and their families as ONE?

The less speculation right now, the better.

This all goes to show why we should stop fighting with each other over petty things and celebrate the Goodness in each of us.

God has always seen U2 through the tough times. God is with all of them right now.

:larry: :adam: :edge: :hug: :bono: :love:

:up:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the band. This is very sad news:(

Sorry to all of those who are losing $$ on air travel and hotel rooms.

I can't help but think that there's a good chance that Buenos Aires was the final show of the Vertigo tour.

The last songs played:

Original of the Species
All I Want is You

I wonder if they knew it then?

yeah sorry to the pacific fans, i know that you guys have been strong and have been holding out to see the most amazing band ever.... i hope you get the chance sooner than we all forsee, but i hope that whomever it is that is effected by this circumstance is comforted by the Lord and that the family is lifted up and can see some hope and peace. . . . . .

very sad news for the band. my thoughts go out to all of them.

Just got off the phone from Air New Zealand who has agreed to postpone my fare until new dates are announced. Whats more they have waived all fees and charges in relation to postponing for anyone who has booked to fly to/within NZ with them and will hold their tickets in lieu.

I'm so proud of my national carrier right about now. :love:

timothius said:
Just got off the phone from Air New Zealand who has agreed to postpone my fare until new dates are announced. Whats more they have waived all fees and charges in relation to postponing for anyone who has booked to fly to/within NZ with them and will hold their tickets in lieu.

very cool - I'm happy for you

A girlfriend just rang me saying she'd heard something about this on the radio and I came here to confirm it.
I don't post here much because I've had some really bad experiences with some really mean-spirited people at this site.
But if anyone recalls me from the old days they know I'm an Australian long-term dedicated fan of U2 who waits patiently and unwaveringly for them to arrive on our shores. I couldn't afford to spend much on their tour here, even though I love them just about more than anything else in the world, so this news hasn't affected me financially. I was going to get as much pleasure I'm sure from my one night as some peole have following them around the world. I have great faith they willl do their utmost to resume the tour when they can.

But oh my Lord, U2 have endured so much personal suffering already, my heart is so full of love and sorrow for them all now. If it is little Sian as we fear, God give her strength. Nothing is more important than familia. So I write this just in case these things do filter back to the band. Just wanted to say I love you Bono, Edge, Larry, Adam. I respect your lives and the example you have set and my prayers are with you and yours, always.

Pamela in The Clarence, Oz

PS: you can store the PA at my place if you like till you get back. I've got plenty of room. And fly so high! I can't stop hugging my children, one of them is leaving tomorrow to live so far away for work. I was already sad today. My heart bleeds for Edge and what he might be facing. Nothing is more important than familia.

Good luck to Sian and to the Evans family if it is her, and also to anyone dealing with the airlines, hotels, etc.

let's cheer this place up a bit.

"I'll give you everything you want
Except the thing that you want
You are the first one of your kind"

My prayers and thoughts are with the band and their families, they have brought us so much joy, I hope things work well for them now.

Nice post cass, I remember you ;)

I would imagine that having the support of all of us would mean a lot to the band right now, considering it was obviously very difficult for them to postpone all of those dates so suddenly. Of course that's absolutely nothing compared to the anguish they must be feeling about Sian (if it is indeed her who's sick), but it's got to feel like a whole extra load of shit on their shoulders to postpone their last few shows on top of it. This has got to be a pretty serious situation for them to even consider postponing shows.

The MOST imporant thing anybody can do for the boys right now is continue to love and support them, and trust that they will do right by the fans who got "screwed over" by this. They always have, and they always will. Time to return the favor.

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

OK - word from Ticketek - Coppel has new dates. The tour at this point is officially POSTPONED - not cancelled and dates are in the third/fourth quarter 2006. So Sept / Oct is the word. There will be a press announcement in the next 24 hours.

timothius said:

awesome news, Tim :up:
talk about customer service...

This is really poor showing from u2.. I understand them postponing the shows but at least one of the band members shoul have come out with a proper f@#king statement rather than just having the promoter issue a few words. Thousands of fans are gonna be affected and they don't even have the courtesy to do this...

eh...if they choose to keep this private, then it's not really any of our business. If it is something more with Sian, Edge has already brought suit against newpapers who tried to release information (and he won). It's not very smart to be publicly making statements about a child's health all over the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom