MERGED --> U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just heard about the postponement from Lila, and have been scanning the posts.

I really could not care less if my next comments get me banned or not, for myriad reasons, so here goes.

Anyone, and I mean anyone that has something negative to say about the band...anyone that puts their own situation ahead of whatever the band are going through right now is a piece of shit. You booked your trip and are locked in? Me too. You might be out some fucking money? Me too, get over it, it's money. Someone in the band might soon lose something 100% unreplaceable. That's horrifying to me, as someone who really loves this band; not so they can perform on the dates I spent some $ on them, but because of all the pleasure they have given me for 25 years. I cannot imagine getting mad at a friend for not keeping plans with me because there was an illness in the family, and I'll have that same attitude about the postponement. And all you have to do is take a peek at my journal to know how much I was looking forward to seeing them one last time this tour.

I just cannot fathom getting all pissed off at any element of this situation right now as it pertains to the band, I think it takes a really selfish piece of shit to adopt that attitude. Is that a generalization? Maybe, but I guess I do not care.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I'm not sure if anyone should get banned today for their comments. I'm 100% for people not liking HTDAAB and saying it over and over, etc. I really and truly despise censorship. I guess I just wish some of the members had a little more decency...a little more selflessness.....some modicum of perspective....but that's a pipe dream, and I should know better. Hell, people on here freak out if they are in a set list watch thread and certain songs do not get played, like the band ought to know they aint at the show, but, hey, they're home staring at the computer really rooting for something from POP to get played.

Anyway, I just wanted to write about my disgust and if anyone disagrees or is offended, well, I guess I simply don't give a fuck.

Lastly, I wanted to, in the only forum I know of to do this, wish U2 and their organization all of my positive thoughts and prayers. Whatever is wrong, I hope it soon gets remedied. And I hope the band know just how much they mean to some of us, and I'm sorry events such as this are sometimes the necessary catalyst to allow such thoughts to get expressed.

some people here are simply pathetic human beings.

we've known about the illness to edge's daughter since before the tour even began. obviously, common sense would tell you it's taken an unfortunate turn for the worse.

yet here we are reading posts about how people don't feel sorry for them because other children in the world are dying, too... people complaining about money... on top of the completely moronic statements such as "well at least maybe we'll get someone other than kanye west to open."

really now... if the off chance that kanye won't open the shows anymore is really more important than the life of a band member's child, then you really have some fucking issues that need to be dealt with immediately.

i'm ashamed to be a member of the same forum as some of you.

akann said:

agreed!! but this is a u2 kiss ass forum these days and no longer a u2 discussion forum.

I'm sorry, but where did you get the impression of ass kissing? I just don't understand why you feel so entitled to beat down the band, their family, and everyone here with well wishes. What would you prefer we do? Act like selfish pricks such as yourself?

I'm sorry. I've had an incredibly bad day, and dealing with some self righteous, entitled jerks is the last thing I felt like doing.:| But sometimes you've got to be put in your place. It's right over there, in hell.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

we've known about the illness to edge's daughter since before the tour even began. obviously, common sense would tell you it's taken an unfortunate turn for the worse.

yet here we are reading posts about how people don't feel sorry for them because other children in the world are dying, too... people complaining about money... on top of the completely moronic statements such as "well at least maybe we'll get someone other than kanye west to open."

really now... if the off chance that kanye won't open the shows anymore is really more important than the life of a band member's child, then you really have some fucking issues that need to be dealt with immediately.

:up:

Rini said:
No one has mentioned that a U2 concert went on as planned the day Bono's father died. These guys don't give in easily - it must be something really serious to cancel a bunch of concerts now. My prayers are with them and whoever it is that is ill; may God be merciful to them and heal them.
I agree with what many of you have said or inferred: if it is Edge's daughter, surely he'd rather be out a bunch of money than what he's facing now. I'm so sorry that many of you are disappointed with missing a concert you've anticipated and spent your money and time off on; it's a real loss. But I'm sorrier for the group that has given us so much for so long. They've been so generous to us with their talent and their lives. Consider it an act of love to them to bear patiently and forgivingly with this. U2 fans are the best! And the four lads from Dublin will make it up to you, like they always have.
(((ABLE)))

Rini
first timer here

My thoughts exactly. I can only imagine how disappointing this is to those of you who had things all worked out to go and I hope everything turns out all right for you. But U2 is not a band to bail on it's fans at the first opportunity. As Rini said, they played a concert the day Bono's father died. Not only that, but most of the Elevation tour, Bono spent flying back and forth to be with his dad. Obviously, this decision was not one they reached lightly. My heart aches for Edge and his family & I pray that all will be well for them. And it makes me feel so much better to know that Bono, Adam and Larry are there with him to help him through this.

on top of the completely moronic statements such as "well at least maybe we'll get someone other than kanye west to open."

I think you may have taken my kanye west comment a little too literally - it was meant tongue in cheek, not a serious comment on the situation.

If you bothered to read my other posts on the postponment of this tour you would know that i am much more concernced for the wellbeing of the band members and their loved ones than who the support act will be.

It was merely a comment to break the tension i am feeling at this time, i don't believe i deserve to be called moronic.

i cant believe people would put a few hundred dollars before human life. Also, showing apparent disregard for someones feelings that has worked so hard to bring you good music, especially in their time of need. (Edge)

:tsk:

oh please. my point was a dying child is a dying child. i find it shameful to place "the life of a band member's child" over the life of any other child or human being. I bet someone on interference lost a family member today, and no one will give a rat's ass. it's sad, but meaningless. we can't do anything about it just like we can't do anything about the other people dying today.

kinghenry said:

oh please. my point was a dying child is a dying child. i find it shameful to place "the life of a band member's child" over the life of any other child or human being. I bet someone on interference lost a family member today, and no one will give a rat's ass. it's sad, but meaningless. we can't do anything about it just like we can't do anything about the other people dying today.

Oh my god. Are you for fucking real? Seriously? Obviously you haven't been on this forum long enough to know that alot of members of intereference support each other and are always there for each other. Really get the hell out of here. You are such a self important dirtbag.

To the mods- I'm sorry.

no, i won't take away a comment just because someone who was called upon it later said "oh, i was just joking"

and no, i still find anyone who would make a comment along the lines of "hundreds of people die each day, so if the edge's daughter is gravely ill it's completely meaningless" to be a complete fucking douchebag of the utmost degree.

and it that's worth a banning, then god damn it, it's well worth it.

:|

I don't know why I continue to bother replying. But this is really bothering me. Sure, people die each day. But we're talking about someone who has given SO much to us. Sometimes selflessly. Has been on the road to give us the best shows of our lives, put their families on hold, all for us. U2 does more for their fans than any other band that I have ever liked. For 4 men who give so much, can't we just do a bit in return?

And I'm sure if someone lost a family member today, then the Interference community would rally around them giving their best wishes, much like they do in this thread.

But then again, maybe you're just trying to be inflamatory. I don't know. Sometimes people on here amaze me. This thread is the perfect example of the U2 fan dynamic. Extremely INCREDIBLY GOOD people. Caring and selfless. Then the absolute pit of patheticness. Just incredible.

can everyone please cease the name calling? this thread is about the postponement of dates of the vertigo tour, and it's spiralling into (well i guess i should say has spiralled into) nastiness, name calling, and just...nothing that this thread was supposed to be about.

i'm not saying i'm going to close the thread or anything but i just want everyone to please calm down and stop fighting. :(

kinghenry said:
hahahaha No shite. I can't beleive that dude got banned for having a differing opinion. I'm not here very often. Is this usual? He didn't attack anyone. he's just selfish.

To set the record straight for anyone that cares, he is just temporarily suspended from this specific forum so that he can go cool off. And it is not a result of ONLY his comments in his thread. It has been going on for a while. Causing a complete upset in this thread was just the last straw.

Your key words here are "I'm not here very often."

If anyone else feels the need to comment about it you need to email or pm me privately.

KhanadaRhodes said:
can everyone please cease the name calling? this thread is about the postponement of dates of the vertigo tour, and it's spiralling into (well i guess i should say has spiralled into) nastiness, name calling, and just...nothing that this thread was supposed to be about.

i'm not saying i'm going to close the thread or anything but i just want everyone to please calm down and stop fighting. :(

I apologize. :(

I wonder whats gonna happen, will we just get the 10 dates?, or a few extra's :shrug:

It seems thats what they did for NYC last year, when there was that "delay" kick off for the tour.

No spoken words said:
I've just heard about the postponement from Lila, and have been scanning the posts.

I really could not care less if my next comments get me banned or not, for myriad reasons, so here goes.

Anyone, and I mean anyone that has something negative to say about the band...anyone that puts their own situation ahead of whatever the band are going through right now is a piece of shit. You booked your trip and are locked in? Me too. You might be out some fucking money? Me too, get over it, it's money. Someone in the band might soon lose something 100% unreplaceable. That's horrifying to me, as someone who really loves this band; not so they can perform on the dates I spent some $ on them, but because of all the pleasure they have given me for 25 years. I cannot imagine getting mad at a friend for not keeping plans with me because there was an illness in the family, and I'll have that same attitude about the postponement. And all you have to do is take a peek at my journal to know how much I was looking forward to seeing them one last time this tour.

I just cannot fathom getting all pissed off at any element of this situation right now as it pertains to the band, I think it takes a really selfish piece of shit to adopt that attitude. Is that a generalization? Maybe, but I guess I do not care.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I'm not sure if anyone should get banned today for their comments. I'm 100% for people not liking HTDAAB and saying it over and over, etc. I really and truly despise censorship. I guess I just wish some of the members had a little more decency...a little more selflessness.....some modicum of perspective....but that's a pipe dream, and I should know better. Hell, people on here freak out if they are in a set list watch thread and certain songs do not get played, like the band ought to know they aint at the show, but, hey, they're home staring at the computer really rooting for something from POP to get played.

Anyway, I just wanted to write about my disgust and if anyone disagrees or is offended, well, I guess I simply don't give a fuck.

Lastly, I wanted to, in the only forum I know of to do this, wish U2 and their organization all of my positive thoughts and prayers. Whatever is wrong, I hope it soon gets remedied. And I hope the band know just how much they mean to some of us, and I'm sorry events such as this are sometimes the necessary catalyst to allow such thoughts to get expressed.

You took the words right out of my mouth, great post!:up: :applaud:

kinghenry said:

hahahaha No shite. I can't beleive that dude got banned for having a differing opinion. I'm not here very often. Is this usual? He didn't attack anyone. he's just selfish.

Yeah, i hope the band memeber's family member is okay, but no more then thousands of other childeren dying today. To bad people here don't value life as much as they value U2 family member's lives. It's kind of ridiculous. I actually feel more for all the fans then for whomever. It's just such a shocker. I'm not saying U2 shouldn't have the right to cancel their shows, I just feel for the 1/2 million people who are roaming around with mouths wide open.

I'm sure U2 will take care of them. Who's starting the "what will U2 throw down as a make-up" thread?

Your comments leave me speechless. In a night of full of assinine, head-banging-against-the-wall, asshole comments. :|

And don't come back anytime soon, OK?

Bravo! :applaud: :up: :up:

theblazer said:
A forum full of women makes for fun reading. :)

ouch.

understood, Sicy. I couldn't keep up with the thread to read "he's not here posts." cumulative temporary suspension. got it.

so, why do people think oct/nov are the new dates?

kinghenry said:

Oct/Nov are being tossed around as the new dates i guess as all the aussie shows are being held in football or rugby stadiums (and i'm guessing that would go for NZ as well) and our footy season ends the last weekend in september - so that would be the next time the venues are free for long enough to set up and stage such a huge show

kinghenry said:

ouch.

understood, Sicy. I couldn't keep up with the thread to read "he's not here posts." cumulative temporary suspension. got it.

I think because (in Australia's case) the NRL (National Rugby League) will have finished playing their games at the stadium by then.....I think!

no, i won't take away a comment just because someone who was called upon it later said "oh, i was just joking"

and no, i still find anyone who would make a comment along the lines of "hundreds of people die each day, so if the edge's daughter is gravely ill it's completely meaningless" to be a complete fucking douchebag of the utmost degree.

and it that's worth a banning, then god damn it, it's well worth it.
I am appalled by the circumstances of this tour being postponed. I hope U2 make it to Australia when and if they are able and not before. Howver if one crack from me about not having to sit through Kanye West makes me a heartless cow, then I out myself. :shrug:

Pop Artist said:
For whatever reason around this situation at the moment, I think we all need a group hug ...

:hug: :edge: :hug: :larry: :hug: :bono: :hug: :adam: :hug:

3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom