MERGED-->U2 On "Today"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Desire4Bono said:

You should read PLEBA more often. We made it very clear it was recorded last week so things like that wouldn't happen. We even had a pic thread of it. Always look to PLEBA (or the news forum!)for all your U2 updates. We know it all. I'm sorry:huh: :(

Ditto for the News forum. We had a whole thread with all the info for ya :wave: That's what I do it for, afterall - for you guys! :happy:

Last edited:
I liked the performance a lot. But I have to say I was a bit disappointed when Bono used the pre-recorded opera part instead of his entire voice. That's my favorite part of the song. But then he made up for it at the end when he held that long note.
It was worth getting up much earlier than usual for!

Kristie said:
Bono sounds great :yes: and him doing the opera thing really suprised me, but I thought it was really good :up:

if I had one criticism, I'd have liked it better were it just Bono, Edge and Guitar, minus the overdubs... kinda bothered me that he was singing along with himself in the middle. I'm sure they did that to keep it truer to the recording though, with the Oscars on Friday, and that won't be there on tour.
Speaking of...
TOUR. NOW.

what Kristie said..
:up:
I liked the interview too when Bono said nice things about GW and said he :) was jumping around during Bush's State of the Union address in front of his TV... :):dance:

DB9

Last edited:
HelloAngel said:

Ditto for the News forum. We had a whole thread with all the info for ya :wave: That's what I do it for, afterall - for you guys! :happy:

Maybe this should go into the Confessional but it's obvious I haven't been on Interference for a couple of days.

I guess that was my punishment for not being in PLEBA as much as I ued to be. :(

*Vows to never stray from PLEBA*

u2loopy said:

Maybe this should go into the Confessional but it's obvious I haven't been on Interference for a couple of days.

I guess that was my punishment for not being in PLEBA as much as I ued to be. :(

*Vows to never stray from PLEBA*

awwww it's okay

at least you got a good morning run, huh? ;)

and Al Roker's not that bad :shifty: ;)

i cracked up when bono said that edge was 15 and he was 16 when u2 started and then he goes "i'm bigger than him"

i had some issues with the recorded stuff playing in the background vs. just them and edge's guitar, too, but i don't know if i necessarily would have liked it better. i just would have liked the contrast between something that sounds a lot like the version i listen to on repeat at home, and what i woke up at 6:30 am to watch on tv

You can find audio of the interview and "The Hands that Built America" on the Noticias section of U2Guatemala.com. Hopefully, video will be up soon!

diamond said:

what Kristie said..
:up:
I liked the interview too when Bono said nice things about GW and said he :) was jumping around during Bush's State of the Union address in front of his TV... :):dance:

DB9

:yes: That was a nice mental image.

ARGHHHH!

I MISSED IT!!!! :censored: :scream: :banghead:

I made a mental note to myself last night to be sure to turn on the Today Show while getting ready for work this morning, but when I woke up I completely forgot about it. :mad: I should have tied a string around my finger before going to bed or something.

I'm jealous of you guys. I only got to see the interview, which was excellent. I did not get to see them perform, for I had to get to work and didn't have time to set the VCR.
I was 15 mintues late for work , but no one said anything to me about it. :eek:

Kristie said:
Bono sounds great :yes: and him doing the opera thing really suprised me, but I thought it was really good :up:

if I had one criticism, I'd have liked it better were it just Bono, Edge and Guitar, minus the overdubs... kinda bothered me that he was singing along with himself in the middle. I'm sure they did that to keep it truer to the recording though, with the Oscars on Friday, and that won't be there on tour.
Speaking of...
TOUR. NOW.

I agree!! Bono's voice sounded amazing! they never give a bad performance!! I was giddy all day!

Re: ARGHHHH!

Bono's shades said:
I MISSED IT!!!! :censored: :scream: :banghead:

I made a mental note to myself last night to be sure to turn on the Today Show while getting ready for work this morning, but when I woke up I completely forgot about it. :mad: I should have tied a string around my finger before going to bed or something.

next time write it really big on your arm.

I was giddy all day too!!!
I was 45 minutes late to work and I had told my supervisor I had something urgent to take care of, and then when I was in the elevator going up to my floor, this girl was like "I cant believe you are here, wasn't U2 on the Today Show this morning" and my supervisor was like "Ahhhhh so thats where you were", and then he gave me shit about it all day. But I dont care, it was so worth it to see a new U2 performance!!! Loved it!!!

IWasBored said:
i cracked up when bono said that edge was 15 and he was 16 when u2 started and then he goes "i'm bigger than him"
My mom, the World's Newest Edge Girl, cracked up there too. So did I. That was priceless. The whole interview was worth getting up early for.

Schmeg said:

My mom, the World's Newest Edge Girl, cracked up there too. So did I. That was priceless. The whole interview was worth getting up early for.

:lmao: just thinking about it! and then he like sits up all "hahah i'm bigger than you"

that alone would have made my day.

i was totally prepared to skip chemistry class or just get there late. i actually got there early though...and i NEVER get to see these things!

and THTBA is one of my recent favourite songs, and it's in my favourite movie, so my day was made a gazillion times before 9 am. usually i try not to be awake before 9 am.

IWasBored said:

:lmao: just thinking about it! and then he like sits up all "hahah i'm bigger than you"

that alone would have made my day.

Haha, yeah, that was pretty funny.

Originally posted by IWasBored
i was totally prepared to skip chemistry class or just get there late. i actually got there early though...and i NEVER get to see these things!

I had to leave for school, so I only got to see the interview-man, the Today show really could cut down on their constant little commercial breaks as well as yapping on about things that aren't really of any importance-I'm sitting there at around 8:30 am and they're talking about someone's anniversary or something...that's nice and all, but I really didn't care at all about that at the moment.

But I left the tape I had in going, so it recorded the performance, too, and I caught that portion of it when I got home from school.

Originally posted by IWasBored
and THTBA is one of my recent favourite songs, and it's in my favourite movie, so my day was made a gazillion times before 9 am. usually i try not to be awake before 9 am.

I like the song, too.

Although thanks to that whole image of New York City that's in the video, every time I hear that "It's early fall, there's a cloud on the New York skyline" bit now I get all teary...U2's making me cry, LOL.

I thought the performance was good. I liked it.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom