MERGED --> SANTIAGO SETLIST PARTY - The Revenge!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Santiago Setlist Party?

I know... I think the show in Santiago was the worst in setlist party, because there was no source, and basicaly, it was crap...

I should've thought about you guys.. I could've done it, but I forgot... sorry

BUT... WE HAVE A NEW HOPE

Rock&Pop radio here in Chile are having thei aniversary this month, and to celebrate, this FRIDAY are running all the major shows they had that played in CHILE... and the last one, at 10 Pm is U2 IN CHILE!!! :hyper:

and through the JOY of Online Radio, YOU TOO can hear the concert....

we can FINALLY HAVE GOOD QUALITY AUDIO!!!... WE'll HAVE A BOOTLEG.... and you'll get to hear why this concert was so absofuckinglutely great... maybe better than Brasil or Argentina 1

it's 6:30 here.. so calculate the time so we can have a rebound Setlist Party friday night at 10 Pm... the pre show to the Hawaii Setlist Party :D

WANNA JOIN?!?!?! :combust:

http://www.rockandpop.cl/scripts/rp/archivo/template.asp?/2006/12/viernes

OK, this sounds like it's going to be cool. It's going to be the whole show, uncut?

Wow, great! Will it be the whole show? (God, I hope so!)

Well, 10pm in Chile, Friday the 8th of December is:

Brisbane: 11am (9 December)
London: 1am (9 December)
New York: 8pm (8 December)
Los Angeles: 5pm (8 December)

Re: Santiago Setlist Party?

pepokiss said:
you'll get to hear why this concert was so absofuckinglutely great... maybe better than Brasil or Argentina 1

Here we go again

:rolleyes:

After all how could BA or SP possibly compete with Santiago , if the last one was in Chile huh ? :wink:

Axver said:
Well, 10pm in Chile, Friday the 8th of December is:

Brisbane: 11am (9 December)
London: 1am (9 December)
New York: 8pm (8 December)
Los Angeles: 5pm (8 December)

That should work, since we ET zoners will be up late Saturday night (you are hosting Honolulu, right?:)

I don't know if it'll be uncut, or even the whole show... but all the other shows are like 2 hours.. so this one should get the same treatment

the thing is that they're airing the BEST CONCERTS in Chile of the year... that adds a festival with the bravery, the rasmus and the black eyed peas :| and the return show of the biggest chilean band in the 90s, LOS TRES (the three... the funny thing is that they're four)

If it's uncut or not we'll know from the previous shows, since U2's last...

I'll keep you updated and around 9 Pm I'll start the party...

PS: you should check out if you can listen to the online radio = www.rockandpop.cl - see if it works :wink:

Is there anyone planning to record the broadcast & post it for us who don't manage to listen at the time?

someone here will do it... I hope ¬¬

at least we wan't to know that there's a master recording of the show here... then we can bribe a guy :wink:

Bella05 said:
Thank you!

When I click on that link - I can get the website but no sound :(

Any tips or is that standard for overseas audio connections?

on the block on the left, there's 2 orange/red miniblocks, and one says ESCUCHA ONLINE... that's LISTEN ONLINE

click there and a window will open

So it's starting 10pm in Chile right ? Should begin here on 11pm

SANTIAGO SETLIST PARTY - The Revenge!!!

ok... you know the drill

but this time is different...

this tiome the concert has already happened... February 26th, 2006, Santiago, Chile...

that day, there was a proper setlist party, but there was no source, so it went to the toilet..

also, there was no broadcast via television.. or radio... until today

ROCK AND POP RADIO is having it's aniversary, and today are broadcasting all the major shows in CHILE of the year... and the last one, in about 20 mins, is U2's

www.rockandpop.cl

on the left in a orange/red block, it says ESCUCHA ONLINE... that's LISTEN ONLIN for you...

that's ALL you have to do

I should warn you though...

1 - The Black Eyed Peas are on now...

2 - there are commercial breaks and things like that... so it won't be the full concert... (but at least we should know it IS and that it exists)

3 - it should run for 2 hours.. commercial breaks and all... but anyway we have people here ready to record (unlike for the real concert, for which we never prepeared that)...

that's it.. enjoy the show

PS: we'll really know if it's santiago when at the end of COBL Bono says "in the city... of santiago"...

if we get ripped off and is Argentina or Chicago... fell free to rip me apart :wink:

This will be cool! :up:

(But there go my morning plans of doing something productive ...)

pepokiss said:
AHAHAHA...

you had plans?.. or it's just a saying?

I was going to do some housework like cleaning the kitchen ... it can wait another day. :wink:

OK, I just tried to open the listen online thing and got told what I've pasted below. What the hell does this mean?

or defecto con el plugin para cargar los controles de Windows Media. Hay dos alternativas para escuchar la radio online si tienes este navegador:

- Instalar plugin ActiveX para Firefox: Acá hay una completa guía para hacerlo http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213 (lamentablemente en inglés)

- Hacer click aquí para escuchar directamente con Windows Media Player

Axver said:

or defecto con el plugin para cargar los controles de Windows Media. Hay dos alternativas para escuchar la radio online si tienes este navegador:

there's a error with the plug in when charging the Windowsa Media controls.. there's 2 choices to listen online with this navigator:

- Instalar plugin ActiveX para Firefox: Acá hay una completa guía para hacerlo http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213 (lamentablemente en inglés)

to install ActiveX plug In for Firefox, here's the complete guide...

- Hacer click aquí para escuchar directamente con Windows Media Player

click here to listen with WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER

Thanks! :up:

I got it to work, hurrah! And yuck, even just a second of the Black Eyed Peas is enough to make me feel sick.

Where is everyone? I thought there'd be at least a few people to listen to soundboard quality audio.

I hope someone is planning to record this. I'd make my own recording but I don't think I have enough space on my computer. I'll try though ...

here are people recording...

but it'll be with comercial breaks and crap like that...

the important thing is to know that a recording exists... so we can seek for the master later

I just checked and I've got 11GB spare on my computer, so that should actually be plenty of space. I'm sure someone else will come up with a better quality recording than mine, but I'll record anyway just to be on the safe side. Hopefully it'll work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom