MERGED ----> June 14th: Cleveland Fan Celebration + Press Release + Show Of Hands...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaleBlueDot

War Child
OK Kiddos. Cleveland II. June 14th. Bring. It. On.

I'm so totally there. Who else? Show of hands?

And, if you'll permit me:

WOOHOOO PARTY!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Ooops. Just occured to me that there already is a Cleveland II thread.

However...

The other one was about, like, who's going back when. But this one is more, like...What we're gonna do now that we KNOW when it is. You know, for the people who are coming for this specific event. ::nods:: So, IMO, it is worthy of it's OWN thread, you see. :yes: Agree? No mergie? ::prays to the mod gods:: :bow:

I'll probably be there.
I hope.
Depends on if I have to work, since I'm seeing Coldplay the 9th and Wilco the 19th and I'm not sure how my boss will take it if I'm gone that weekend too... :shifty:

EXIT in Cleveland

EXIT will be playing at the Hard Rock Cafe in Cleveland, OH

They are scheduled to preform on Saturday, June 14th at 10:00pm to Midnight.

If you haven't already had a chance to see EXIT perform, you are in for a real treat. These girls ROCK!!

Check out their website: exit-band
Check out their fansite: u2lafans

They are no longer a tribute band. However, they were asked to play at the Hard Rock Cafe on the night of the U2 Fan Celebration and being such big U2 fans themselves how could they resist. They are looking forward to going to the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame's U2 Fan Celebration as much as they are playing for U2 fans from all over the world.

True, EXIT playing Hard Rock Cleveland

True, EXIT are coming out of retirement to play for fans in Cleveland at the Hard Rock Cafe on June 14th. They will be there for the "Celebration" anyway, so how could they refuse to play. It's a fitting way to go out, at what is going to be the Mother of All U2 Fan Events! Now fans from around the world will get a chance to enjoy what we in L.A. have had the privilege of experiencing for the past two years. What I love is that they play covers not copies. It's a unique blend of U2 classics and original material from pretty girls who can kick major arse! As one reviewer in Los Angeles put it: " People who are clearly there as U2 fans suddenly become EXIT fans." And that's a good thing... a very good thing! :)

For more on EXIT, please visit my fan site at http://www.u2lafans.com

and check out their new official page at
http://www.exit-band.com

Thanks!
Andi

I'm really excited to finally be going to Cleveland to see this EXHIBIT. Also, I've never been to Cleveland before and I hear it's a really nice city. I'm stoked it is on the lake! We should all rent a boat during the day!

EXIT will now be playing at the Hard Rock Cafe, Cleveland on Friday, June 13th at 10:00pm. They plan on playing for a minimum of two hours. Cover charge and more important details to come. Check back in a couple of weeks or so!!!

I'm so excited now about the fan celebration...I can't wait till June...and seeing as how I live like 20 minutes away from the Rock Hall, so I will be there for sure and i'm bringing along Katelyn(BonoInAKilt) and another one of my life long U2 buddies who didn't get the chance to come last time. So I know i'm gonna have a killer time:yes: :hyper:

Can't wait to see you all there!

Lori:mac:

oktobergirl said:
I'm really excited to finally be going to Cleveland to see this EXHIBIT. Also, I've never been to Cleveland before and I hear it's a really nice city. I'm stoked it is on the lake! We should all rent a boat during the day!

lol...are you brave enough for Lake Erie:wink: We'll have to see what the weather is like first...you never know with Cleveland:ohmy:

Lori:mac:

Me and Minifly are going to try to go, we're going to talk about it when i see her this weekend :hyper:

It's a ummmmm........a very long drive for me, let's just say that. Well over a thousand miles.

Last edited:
u2 roadtrips are the best though! hour after hour of quality kareoke time ;)

i talked to my mother...she seemed reasonably receptive...now there's no way i'm NOT going...:D

OK kiddos. I've set up a webpage because hotels appear to be filling up fast due to the Indians home game that weekend, and we all need to get our act together. Here's everything I know at this time:

http://www.projectlemonaid.org/u2/cleveland03/cleveland2.htm

I will, of course, be updating it as frequently as possible. If you have any info. to share, please email me at fumbler1013@aol.com. Thanks y'all. :)

Last edited:
Here's a little hotel info. update I posted on some of the lists, in case anyone here missed it:

OK kiddos. I know you're lovin' this but hang in there I think I've struck gold...actually, chocolate might be more appropriate here. ::drools::

How do you guys feel about the Hyatt? ::wags eyebrows::

Apparently -- Hyatt.com offers special rates. That is, you can get a room with 2 double beds (rooms up to 4 people) for $74.40/night (+ tax).

Seventyfourdollarsandfortyfrickincents!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT -- that's only if you book it online. So we can't do it as a group, and also, the small catch with this one is, it needs to be prepaid in full....but who cares? This is better than ANY of the group rates I've found thus far! WAY better, considering, you know, the deal we're getting...being the Hyatt and all. The regular rate for that room, in case you care, is $185.00.

And as far as getting on the same floor, I was thinking we could try this -- everyone make their reservations individually online, then I'll take everyone's names and call up the Hyatt and ask them to pull everyone's reservations up and put them on the same floor. The lady at the 1-800 number for Hyatt wasn't sure if that would work out, but she said it was definitely worth a try.

This Hyatt is right smack in the middle of downtown...about the same distance from the Hard Rock as the Holiday Inn Express, I'd say. It is located at a really interesting partly underground, partly above ground structure called the Arcade, which was built in 1888. Here's a picture:

http://www.nationaltrust.org/news/docs/20020924_images_arcade.html

...Um, sorry. That's the artist in me talking, there. lol.

Okay, so what do you kids think? Everyone PLEASE weigh in with your opinions on this one, because rooms all over Cleveland are filling up fast and time is of the essence, here. Here is the link to the Hyatt site, and you'll see where you can punch in your dates and number of people and check the rates:

http://cleveland.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

dot.

That is a great rate isn't it...especially for such a nice hotel :yes:

I'm probably going to book my room there tonight or first thing tomorrow.

So yeah, its the Hyatt for me :up:

I want to go :scream:

Right now it's not looking to good for me, but I'm still working on it :|

anyone want to stop in Dallas on their way home? :sexywink:

I'm there. Though prolly over at the Holiday Inn Select. Our room were already booked when this rate came up. Oh well.

oktobergirl said:
I'm there. Though prolly over at the Holiday Inn Select. Our room were already booked when this rate came up. Oh well.

I'll make you a deal. You let us use your pool/jacuzzi, and we'll let you use our gym. <g>

I wish i could book a hotel in advance, but we are unsure of how long it will take us to get there.

What days are people arriving and leaving?

Last edited:
Most people seem to be just coming for the weekend, but me and my "people" <g> are flying in on the 12th and heading out on the 17th. We wanted an extra day to just hang and maybe go to 6 Flags.

I don't know what time I'll be getting there. I have to do my flight stuff. I'm from Birmingham, Alabama, which is a heck of a long way from Cleveland. I'm a bit of a wimp because I tire easily. I don't think I can *start* partying at 10 P.M. after the flight. Damn, you're only young once. :laugh: :laugh:

*edited because I can't type today*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom