MERGED ----> Fun thread - What the f*** are they doing?! + Another Thread Like That

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merc

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Fun thread - What the f*** are they doing?!

To celebrate my post number 100 (Yay - go PLEBA!) I thought I would start a little fun thread... :wink:

Please post all your fun pics, pics that make you think "What the f*** are they doing?!" - from any area, concert, non-concert, one band member, all four guys, whatever - as long as they look funny, are doing something funny etc. AND pleeease write a fun text to match the pic - allright?! :D

339%3B662723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B38385%3B5ot1lsi

^^ *HEY! When I wrote "... one man caught on a barbed wire fence..." I wasn't refering to myself - could someone please help me down from here???*

339%3B662723232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B38385%3B6ot1lsi

^^ *OH MY...!!! I can't believe the news today!!! Hey, thats a good line, maybe I could use that in a song someday...?!*

339%3B662723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A6%3B77784ot1lsi

Allright, it's pic don't need a fun text - it's so much fun on it's own!!! :lol: Anyone know when/why/where this was taken?!

Re: Fun thread - What the f*** are they doing?!

Merc said:

339%3B662723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A6%3B77784ot1lsi

Allright, it's pic don't need a fun text - it's so much fun on it's own!!! :lol: Anyone know when/why/where this was taken?!

First of all let me clear this up right away, this is NOT Bono. We had a thread about this when it first happened. It was in an InStyle magazine back in 2001 labeled as Bono, but that same night Bono was at a different Halloween party with Gavin Rossdale dressed as a vampire. This is Patrick Stewart of Star Trek the Next Generation fame. After much research we came to this conclusion. Some things that give it away are that this guy is baldheaded underneath the wig (as Patrick Stewart is) the eyes are too small and dark, the chin is the wrong bone structure and has no famous scar, and not only are the ears not Bono's ear shape, they are not even pierced! (the original pic was bigger) 110% NOT BONO! The magazine made a mistake and we've been having to straighten this out ever since. This pic got into the U2 internet community and once a few girls put it on their tripod sites labeled as Bono everyone believed it, but it was a mistake after all, and really, aren't you glad? ;)

BTW great idea for a thread, I love your ideas, and your location;) :flirt: I know me and a couple other girls who will jump right in if you have room!

Last edited:
boed_what.jpg

E: Uhh,B? Are you sure this is how Spiderman got started?!
B: Trust me, Edge! Would I lie to you?!:evil:

This is my favorite WTF picture...still have no idea what they're doing...or why...but it's just so cute! Bono looks so gracefull! :wink:

I always knew that Bono wasn't quite weird enough to dress like that! But Patrick Stewart? I believe the poor man has lost his marbles! :eyebrow:

Last edited:
He can lose them all he wants at least it wasn't Bono!*whew* :sigh:

Re: Re: Fun thread - What the f*** are they doing?!

U2Kitten said:
First of all let me clear this up right away, this is NOT Bono.

OH MY...! :ohmy: Thank you SO much for telling me this!!!

U2Kitten said:
Some things that give it away are that this guy is baldheaded underneath the wig (as Patrick Stewart is) the eyes are too small and dark, the chin is the wrong bone structure and has no famous scar, and not only are the ears not Bono's ear shape, they are not even piereced! 110% NOT BONO!

Is really embaressed over the fact that I thought it was Bono in that pic!!! :reject:

U2Kitten said:
But aren't you glad, really?

:hmm: Yeah, I am!!! :happy: But, you said that Bono went at another party dressed as... a vampire?! Pics anyone?! :hyper:

U2Kitten said:
BTW great idea for a thread, I love your ideas, and your location;) :flirt: I know me and a couple other girls who will jump right in if you have room!

Thanx U2Kitten!!! :hug:

Always room for another PLEBA-girl in the time machine - feel free to jump onboard!!! :wink:

Last edited:
Okay, I realize that we all actually know what's going on here, but just pretend for a moment that you haven't seen the videos...definitely WTF material!:lol: :lol:

98.jpg

"Honestly now...does this dress make me look fat??"

ifeelnumb.bmp

L:" We warned you if you didn't shut up about the quantum physics, we were gonna hogtie you!"

We have never been able to find the pics of Bono as a vampire, that would be hot :drool:

Thanks, for letting me aboard, I'd love to go, any time!! JT/RH was an awesome time to be a U2 fan, I was there and I'd love to take all the rest of you who like it back to see it live! But we can't go without Moonlit_Angel, she's been wanting a time machine for a long time! I think Edgespet wants to go too:) Until then, we still have the tapes and the pics! :drool:

Last edited:
Hey...wait for me!!! Can't live without JT U2!!!:drool: I promise I'll be good & stay out of the way!:hyper:

It was an awesome time to be a fan...U2 was the soundtrack to some of the happiest years of my life!

Last edited:
omg thanks for stressing again U2Kitten that that is not bono.

It gets me so mad when pl INSIST that it is!!! :rant: lol. I know no one insisted here but in the past i've seen arguments over this. :lol: :coocoo:

funny thread idea though! i'll be back w/ some pics :wave:

Haha, that's what I think every time I see that pic ^^^^! :p.

U2Kitten said:
Thanks, for letting me aboard, I'd love to go, any time!! JT/RH was an awesome time to be a U2 fan, I was there and I'd love to take all the rest of you who like it back to see it live! But we can't go without Moonlit_Angel, she's been wanting a time machine for a long time! I think Edgespet wants to go too:)

LOL, yep. :D. It'd be awesome! We'd all have so much fun. :).

Originally posted by Edgespet
"Honestly now...does this dress make me look fat??"

:laugh:. Your other quote was good, too. :up:.

Also, feel better, kelly! :hug:. So many people getting sick again lately. :(.

Angela

oliveu2cm said:
omg thanks for stressing again U2Kitten that that is not bono.

It gets me so mad when pl INSIST that it is!!! :rant: lol. I know no one insisted here but in the past i've seen arguments over this. :lol: :coocoo:

funny thread idea though! i'll be back w/ some pics :wave:

You got it, I'm so glad to have another 'old timer' here who remembers that story! :hug: I get mad when people keep insisting it's him too, even after all the evidence. :scream:

Moonlit_Angel said:

LOL, yep. :D. It'd be awesome! We'd all have so much fun. :).

The Time Machine would be such a good idea for a story, it could be an adventure with the PLEBA girls meeting JT U2! We should do that sometime!

Also, feel better, kelly! :hug:. So many people getting sick again lately. :(.

Angela

:yes: That's why I think we all might be getting a virus through the computer:p

Really, get well and stay well everybody!

U2Kitten said:
We have never been able to find the pics of Bono as a vampire, that would be hot

:ohmy: You haven't?! :hmm: And I thought the PLEBA-girls had every pic ever taken of U2 or anything U2-related! :D There MUST be a pic somewhere out there - I would looove to see it! :hyper:

U2Kitten said:
Thanks, for letting me aboard, I'd love to go, any time!! JT/RH was an awesome time to be a U2 fan, I was there and I'd love to take all the rest of you who like it back to see it live! But we can't go without Moonlit_Angel, she's been wanting a time machine for a long time! I think Edgespet wants to go too:)

Oh, U2Kitten - you're SO lucky! I'm sure it was amazing to be a U2 fan at that time, when JT hit the record stores and REALLY rocked the world! :up: Unfortunately (seen from this point of view) I was born too late to experience all of this :sigh: ("Too late" being 1982)

U2Kitten said:
Until then, we still have the tapes and the pics!

:yes: Yep!!! :wink:

U2Kitten said:
The Time Machine would be such a good idea for a story, it could be an adventure with the PLEBA girls meeting JT U2! We should do that sometime!

I'm all for it! :D.

Merc, yep, I was too late, too. I was between the ages of 3 and 5 during the JT/R&H era, so I was within the age range where I probably wouldn't have even really knew who U2 was if you'd told me (funny, I watched MTV all the time back then, but I do not remember ever seeing any U2 videos during the late 80s, which is weird-considering how big they became in '87, you'd think I would've recalled seeing one of their videos for a song from The Joshua Tree or something around that time...but I don't. :shrug:...).

Originally posted by U2Kitten
:yes: That's why I think we all might be getting a virus through the computer:p

LOL, hmm, maybe! These computer viruses are sneaky little devils, after all...

Originally posted by U2Kitten
Really, get well and stay well everybody!

Yes.

Angela

Last edited:
Merc said:

:ohmy: You haven't?! :hmm: And I thought the PLEBA-girls had every pic ever taken of U2 or anything U2-related! :D There MUST be a pic somewhere out there - I would looove to see it! :hyper:

I don't think any were ever taken by the press and made public. If there were, we'd have found them;)

Oh, U2Kitten - you're SO lucky! I'm sure it was amazing to be a U2 fan at that time, when JT hit the record stores and REALLY rocked the world! :up: Unfortunately (seen from this point of view) I was born too late to experience all of this :sigh: ("Too late" being 1982)

:yes: Yep!!! :wink:

Back in those days MTV was good and they had so much U2! I'm so glad to see so many people love this all these years later, it shows how truly great they really are! :yes:

Edgespet said:
Hey...wait for me!!! Can't live without JT U2!!!:drool: I promise I'll be good & stay out of the way!:hyper:

Hey Edgespet, just come onboard, you won't be in the way - always room for another PLEBA-girl in the JT/R&H-timemachine! :yes: :wink:

Edgespet said:
It was an awesome time to be a fan...U2 was the soundtrack to some of the happiest years of my life!

Yeah, it musy have been awsome - you're lucky to have experienced those JT-days "live"! :up: :happy:

kellyahern said:
:lmao: I love the captions :)

I needed a thread like this. I feel like I'm getting a cold and I have a major event at work tomorrow :scream:

but these pics and captions are making me laugh :hug:

Oh, Kellyahern - I hope you feel better! :hug:

Sends a small pharmacy along with this post <---- "You need to take one of these three times a day" - just practicing :lol: I'm studying pharmacy...

Moonlit_Angel said:
Merc, yep, I was too late, too. I was between the ages of 3 and 5 during the JT/R&H era, so I was within the age range where I probably wouldn't have even really knew who U2 was if you'd told me

I was around that age too at the time - the only music I can remember from those days are danish children music :sigh:

Moonlit_Angel said:
funny, I watched MTV all the time back then, but I do not remember ever seeing any U2 videos during the late 80s, which is weird-considering how big they became in '87, you'd think I would've recalled seeing one of their videos for a song from The Joshua Tree or something around that time...but I don't. :shrug:...

You watched MTV back then?! :ohmy: In the mid/late 80's we only had one tv-channel in Denmark - and maybe a swedish or german channel if you were lucky! :lol: Oh, this make me sound sooo old - I can remember the days when there was only one tv-channel!!! :lmao:
Sorry you don't remember any of their videos - it would have been a great childhood memory! :yes:

Okay - found some more pics...

339%3B6%3C%3A%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B38385%3B7ot1lsi

^^
Edge: I don't get this - what does he want us to call him??? :confused:

Adam: Wasn't it B?n??! :D

Larry: No, it's Bone-O!!! :lol:

Bono: :scream: NOOO! What did I do to deserve this?!

339%3B6%3C%3A%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B38385%3B9ot1lsi

^^
Bono: Ohhh! That's were our studio is - I've been haveing some "small" problems finding it... :D

Man: :banghead: So thats why it's taking you soooo long to make a new album then?! :tsk:

Merc said:

I was around that age too at the time - the only music I can remember from those days are danish children music :sigh:

I feel lucky to have grown up with older siblings because I was exposed to a lot of 70's rock as a kid instead of just little kid music. I'm sure the music was there but no one played it for you.

You watched MTV back then?! :ohmy: In the mid/late 80's we only had one tv-channel in Denmark - and maybe a swedish or german channel if you were lucky! :lol: Oh, this make me sound sooo old - I can remember the days when there was only one tv-channel!!! :lmao:
Sorry you don't remember any of their videos - it would have been a great childhood memory! :yes:

We didn't get MTV until late 84, so I missed the very early videos. I remember seeing Red Rocks on some local cable channel, that was my first view of U2 in '83. For years I never even knew Boy or October existed :reject: But in 87-89 there was so much U2 on and they played music instead of goofing around so you got to see more! There were also U2 news stories and interviews and they had a special on the outtakes.

You have such good ideas for captions, I am no good with humor but I enjoy yours! :D

U2Kitten said:
I am no good with humor but I enjoy yours! :D

Thanks!!! :hug:

339%3B734723232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B3%3B24997ot1lsi

^^
Bono: Hey guys! I just got a GREAT idea for our next tour... :D

Back
Top Bottom