MERGED ----> Full Version Of U2's Neon Lights! + I've just listened to + Neon Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If someone could send it to me, I'd be much obliged.

parsmm3[at]wfu[dot]edu

Many thanks,
-Mike

Havent heard it either, can someone send it to me rjj@ic24.net. Also has anyone heard the Vertigo clip on Limewire? Sounds a great song but its very poor quality with some guy talking over it. Still sounds a top rock tune though the bit you can hear.

FUCK. FUCK. FUCK.

Classic, very beautiful song.

And to everyone, the link in the previous page of this thread works perfectly well for downloading.....just save that file and then rename it from .ok to .mp3......easy.

http://www.zero.org/~dtena/neonl.ok

Last edited:
nice song...reminds me of a combo of 'north and south of the river' + 'sweetest thing single' + 'satellite of love' - all b-sides at one point or another if anyone didnt already know

:eyebrow: Cute, but definitely a b-side. For some reason it makes me think of the water ballet scenes from old movies. :coocoo: (I'm probably just up too late.)

Have you guys heard the new song "Miracle Drug"? Unfucken believable!!!
Let me know if you'd like to hear it. I can send it to you via e-mail!

The same guys who taped Vertigo taped this one as well which brings me to the question; Could these guys have stolen the CD from the Edge and to not arrouse suspician recorded again on another CD but this time with ambient noise etc.?

OMG, further to my last report - I REALLY love this track. I've played it over and over today and have been singing "neon lights, shimmering neon lights" all day! I even got the original (which isn't as good I might add). For me, songs like this are much better b-sides then the annoying remixes that I tend not to bother listening to anyway. And with the promise of another ORIGINAL on the Vertigo single, I am really pleased that they have so much new material that they can produce actual b-sides again (just compare the b-sides on the first and second greatest hits to see what I mean).

Yeah, I find this is the sort of track that really grows on you. When I first heard it, I went "oh-hum", that's nice for a b-side, I guess. Now I've listened a few more times and I'm really starting to like it.

I wonder if this is the exact version that will appear on the single, or have they actually re-recorded it during the sessions for the new album.

Last edited:
love it.i think it could be a parallel to the song ˝City Of blinding Lights˝,and it could be performed live,with a satellite link to kraftwerk in a way they did it with Lou Reed on ZOOTV:wink:

I have totally no interest in a cover, it may 'satisfy' u2's creative urges and of course, go ahead and cover music you like, but it is just a let down for me, makes wanting to hear some new original material all the more unbearable...:(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom