MERGED --> Enough Rope interview discussion here + November it is!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks for the pics DownUnder :bow:

Earnie Shavers said:
2nd random quote:

"I think I've broken all the Commandments, those I haven't, I've certainly wanted to."

:lmao:

<<off to bed
BedTired029.gif

Well, overall I enjoyed it.

Denton did fairly well, although I do think he let Bono waffle a little bit too much - but some of those stories brought out some pretty damn interesting stories.

I didn't really think Bono let Denton go as deep as he would've liked, and has gone with other guests, but it certainally was one of the better interviews I have seen with the man. One got the impression that Bono thought it was going to be edited.

I particularly liked the series of questions about how he actually got involved and began his Africa campagining etc.

Bono said thanks to the fans and he understood how much this meant to fans...love to hear that from the man!

Aussie Edge said:
great Interview..... 8 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing compared to 8 years though! :wink:

Also Bono seemed really positive when talking about the illness, so hopefully there have been some positive developments there for the band member & family. :up:

timothius said:

Nothing compared to 8 years though! :wink:

Also Bono seemed really positive when talking about the illness, so hopefully there have been some positive developments there for the band member & family. :up:

Yeah he did too...

and what was the comment about his glasses???? murmured something about wearing them medically or for medicinal purposes???

From U2.com

Looks Like November

Bono has told Australian TV that U2 will be back in the country in November to reschedule postponed shows. There’s no specific dates yet but the band are hoping to make an announcement very soon.

Speaking to ABC’s ‘Enough Rope’ on Monday evening, Bono said that he didn’t want to leave Australia without confirming that the band are aiming to get back on the road later in the year. Last week the March and April dates were postponed because of the illness of a family member of one of the band.

‘I can't really get into details why,’ Bono told presenter Andrew Denton. ‘There was a lot of distress and angst and (the) good news is ... I can announce tonight we are coming back, looks like November and that's a great relief for me.’

Bono said it was hard to describe how bad the band felt about postponing the dates – something U2 have only ever done once before - and praised fans for their generous reaction to the sudden news.
'Our music does come out of (a) very tight community,' he said. 'So if one of us is going through it we're all going through it.'

He promised that the rescheduled shows would be something special. ‘It will be the only time, you know, we get a chance to play these songs for a long time, it will be extraordinary.’

Keep checking in with U2.Com for updates on when rescheduled dates might take place.

Aussie Edge said:

Yeah he did too...

and what was the comment about his glasses???? murmured something about wearing them medically or for medicinal purposes???

I thought that myself all along they must be prescription glasses,cause don't you notice they go darker when he hits sunlight!

Aussie Edge said:

Yeah he did too...

I've read it here once were twice. Stories go his eyes do somthing strange when under heavy lights or somthing. I recall it being related to excessive wine drinking or somthing. But the way he said it, it was like it was one very, very minor reason for it. :nerd:

Yep.... Its no wonder he is so admired...

Even had hubby thinking he is great. Its taken me 7 years to get him to that point... hehehehe

I thought he was uncomfortable, anxious almost. I thought if he weren't so familiar with interviews it'd have been worse. Dunno what for though, and it might have been just me.

Back
Top Bottom