Merged ----> best of 90-00 official info + track listing + t/l for 2nd Best Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Overall, I think it's a great tracklisting.

I could bitch and moan about some songs not being on it, but will that make the songs magically appear on the album? Probably not.

Looking at the tracklisting, I thing the album is going to have an awesome flow.

The first 5 songs:

"EBTTRT
MW
BD
ES
One"

is a very powerful start to the album!

I can't wait for the DVD and the B-Sides album too. Those are some great remixes all on one CD!

Whats The Story? said:
The omisson of Lemon is ridiculous...I mean that song is totally what U2 were about in the '90s.

:sad:

I just noticed it is on the B-sides disc. I guess it's better than nothing. :rolleyes:

Errrr

What should be on there that aint: :madspit:

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Zooropa (radio edit, without the long intro)
Lemon

What should not be on and what should be replaced by the above: :madspit:

Stuck In A Moment (I'm sick to death of this song) :mad:
The First Time (you gotta be kidding me!!!)
Discotheque

As for the B-Sides:

-Why the HELL did they choose friggin Salome (Zooromancer Remix) over the normal Salome off the Even Better than the Real Thing cd single?!?!?! That BOGGLES MY MIND!!! :banghead:

-Where the hell is "Where Did It All Go Wrong"?!?!?!?
That song is so AWESOME!!! :banghead:

Why God WHY?!?!? :banghead:

Anyway on a more positive note, the rest of the tracklisting looks kewl. :D

I'm very happy that Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Mix) is on the B-Sides disc. There were lots of crappy remixes of Mysterious Ways made when it was released as a single, and I'm glad they chose what I always thought was the best one of the lot. :D

Anyway the DVD looks :up:
I'm already excited.:tongue:

I'm kinda bummed that WGRYWH is not on there because it's my fave U2 song, but I most definitely cannot and will not complain. I am so excited for this release!!!!!!!!!!

I'm also pretty happy with it except for the ground beneath her feet which is one of my all time favorites. I'm interested to hear the remixes but I liked the original versions off all of those songs.

Bonochick said:

I think I'm the only loser left at Interference who doesn't own a DVD player. :scream: :sad:

That doesn't make you a loser, just a procrastinator(sp?);)

Bonochick, don't feel badly about not owning a DVD player. I just bought one and can't seem to get it working!!! All I get on the screen is snow...GRRRR!!!:banghead:

As for the track listing, I'm happy about the inclusion of "Gone" & "Numb." I agree that "Lemon" should have been on there, but for the most part, I'm pleased with the selection.

I'm just going to have to make sure to get my hands on that limited edition B-side collection ASAP!!!

These were my predictions back in April. This was when they said that there would possibly be 2 CD's plus a B-Sides CD...that's why there's so many songs. As well, in April I had almost no exposure to U2 B-Sides outside of the Best Of 1980-1990 B-Sides, so that's why I didn't delve into that. This was posted on U2Log on April 14.

* = Correct prediction
~ = Incorrect prediction

CD #1
1. Elevation ~
2. Numb */~ (for new mixes I'm putting a correct/incorrect...)
3. Discotheque *
4. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car ~
5. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses ~
6. The Fly *
7. Please ~
8. Kite ~
9. Lemon ~
10. Even Better Than The Real Thing *
11. Gone */~
12. Zoo Station ~
13. Last Night on Earth ~
14. If God Would Send His Angels ~

CD #2
1. Beautiful Day *
2. Mysterious Ways *
3. Mofo ~
4. Stuck In A Moment *
5. Until The End Of The World *
6. In A Little While (and dedicated to Joey Ramone) ~
7. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me *
8. Staring at the Sun */~
9. Miss Sarajevo *
10. The Sweetest Thing (why did I put this here back in April?!?!?) :banghead:
11. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) *
12. The Ground Beneath Her Feet ~
13. One *
14. Walk On ~

Plus maybe you could take some B-Sides (Like Pop Musik or something and make a 3rd CD and sell them as a sort of Deluxe Set (Limited)...that'd be sweet)

Ahh...how jaded I was in April...I didn't even leave room for new songs! :coocoo: And what the fuck was I thinking with The Sweetest Thing?!?!? Oi vey.

Now for songs I would have liked to see added:

Lemon
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Zoo Station
Please
Last Night on Earth
The Ground Beneath Her Feet

Songs I would like to have seen left off:
Stuck In A Moment (What were they smoking when they added this?!?)
Numb (an extremely boring song, IMHO...I hope they liven it up a bit in the remix)

Even with the glaring omissions, it still looks amazing. I will definitely be first in line at HMV for this!!!
:happy: :dance: :lol: :bono: :edge: :larry: :adam:

I am very happy with these release plans. They really went out of their way to make this worthwhile for both die hards and newbies, which is all you can really ask for on a compilation release. The re-workings of the songs now makes this November date a big one on my calendar. I cannot wait!!!!

And the DVD? That is awesome...so much bonus content. That is what everyone here is always bitching about.

OK- so Lemon and a bunch of Achtung/Zooropa songs were left off...but when you think about it, they could have easily created a best of from Achtung and Zooropa and called it a day right there. Given the albums they included under 1990 to 2000, these were solid choices. Props to U2 for this release.

AJ
:wave:

first of all , the track-lists for A-sides and b-sides , E-storm singles , and bonus dvds are all FINE , GReat , remember , you can't satisfy everyone , good lists new mixes , and the most important thing is , that all missing ( for me ) audio tracks , i can easily get from my other cd's .

the best is , U2 LEFT NOTHING BEHIND ON DVD 1990-2000 !!!!!!

ALL YOUR VIDEOS FROM ZOO TV AND POP FUCKING MART , EVEN mooooooooooooooooooooooofoo live mix will be on ! Great !

Yahooo

Me happy

:drool: :hug: :up: :up: :love: :laugh:

Sidenote:

WHO THE HELL DECIDED "THE GROUND BENEATH HER FEET" WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR THIS?!?!? ARRGH!! Best non-CD U2 song ever (IMO) and it's left off...stupid ATYCLB...:sad: :grumpy: :banghead: :yell: :shame: :rant: :scream: :madspit: :angry: :mad: hahah I love smilies...

Last edited:
pinkfloyd said:

the best is , U2 LEFT NOTHING BEHIND ON DVD 1990-2000 !!!!!!

ALL YOUR VIDEOS FROM ZOO TV AND POP FUCKING MART , EVEN mooooooooooooooooooooooofoo live mix will be on ! Great !

Yahooo

Me happy

:drool: :hug: :up: :up: :love: :laugh:

Yes, that truely looks cool. I'm assuming we are getting ES & BD & Numb on there as well. Director's commentaries & Sarajevo Doc are nice bonuses too. :yes:

mikal said:
Overall, I think it's a great tracklisting.

I could bitch and moan about some songs not being on it, but will that make the songs magically appear on the album? Probably not.

Looking at the tracklisting, I thing the album is going to have an awesome flow.

The first 5 songs:

"EBTTRT
MW
BD
ES
One"

is a very powerful start to the album!

I can't wait for the DVD and the B-Sides album too. Those are some great remixes all on one CD!
:

no, its not a great way to start an album, ebttrt is a shitty opener.
and one/miss sar/stay all in a row???
what the hell is that??
and why the hell does gone need to be remixed???
and why the hell is walk on not on there, but numb is??????:mad: :down:

as I said, fuck this....I want NEW U2!!!!!!!:mac: :mac: :mac:

Hawkmoon1021 said:

Yes, that truely looks cool. I'm assuming we are getting ES & BD & Numb on there as well. Director's commentaries & Sarajevo Doc are nice bonuses too. :yes:

Yeah I'm stoked for the Sarajevo documentary...the DVD looks pretty bitchin' :D

JOFO said:
:

what the hell is that??

Hmmm.......

I really like EBTTRT as an opener.

Have a cigarette or something man.;)

mikal said:

Hmmm.......

I really like EBTTRT as an opener.

Have a cigarette or something man.;)

as I understand it, smoking is bad for your health.
it also is bad for singers.:rolleyes:

but that's not important now.:wave:

JOFO said:

as I understand it, smoking is bad for your health.
it also is bad for singers.:rolleyes:

but that's not important now.:wave:

What?!?!?!:no:

The cigarette companies never told me that! Those bastards! I'm gonna sue them now!

JOFO said:
:

what the hell is that??

DISCLAIMER: I personally love all the songs on this CD (with the exception of Stuck and Numb). I will be first in line to buy it. Any ranting I may do is most likely temporary, and I will most likely renege on all these statements once the final product is released, as I will undoubtedly be totally blown away by this CD, and love it so much that I will be sorry for all I've said. So, to sum up, this and any past or future rants about the shittiness of this or that or "what the hell were they on?" statements, are the temporary ravings of a mad lunatic who is tired (it IS 2:30 am here) and hungry. Everything I know is, and most likely will be, Wrong. Thank you. :yes:

Gone was in desperate need of a remix...I'm hoping they do it up like they did on the Boston DVD...best version of the song I'd ever heard...I love Edge's vocal during the chorus, it brings it together for me more.

And I agree with the EBTTRT thing...the Berlin subway chime (which is what the opening riff is) is not a good CD opener :scratch:

Plus, the One/Sarajevo/Stay thing...couldn't agree with you more on that either...I really don' like the fact that they're sandwiched between Electrical Storm and Stuck In A Moment...I don't particularly like the idea of Electrical Storm leading right in to One...it doesn't seem to me that the guitar riffs will sound well together...same with the somber final verse of Stay, then going right into the flamingly gay opening lines of Stuck.

Another jackhole thing to do was to stick Numb twixt Staring at the Sun and The First Time. This remix better be damn good for me not to hit the Skip buttin on the stereo when Numb comes on...SATS and TFT would have gone beautifully together...now we get the lines like this (End of Staring at the Sun-Start of Numb-End of Numb- Start of The First Time): "Not the only one who's happy to go blind."-"Don't move, don't talk out-a time, don't think, don't worry, everything's just fine, just fine."-"Don't project, don't connect, protect. Don't expect, suggest"-"I have a lover, a lover like no other. She got soul, soul, soul, sweet soul. And she teach me how to sing." Excruciatingly ghey.

Anyways, I'm done for this rant.

:rant:

Last edited:
NOTE TO EVERYONE: "Walk On" and "Elevation" will be on the NEXT compilation. The next one will be 2000-? and will include those songs. The band probably felt that there's not enough big hits on this greatest hits and since it does go up to the year 2000 they decided to use two songs from ATYCLB. When the next compilation comes around, the band will use the other two singles. It's a very good bit of marketing and will surely help boost the sales of both releases.

My thoughts on the hits disc? Very good. I like every song here a great deal. My only beef is that we've got "The First Time" instead of "Lemon". Besides "Lemon" the only other real hit that could've been on here is "Wild Horses", but I'd much rather have "UTEOTW" anyway. In the end, great tracklist, although I do agree with many that ATYCLB should have been saved altogether for the next compilation.

!!!!

Ok so yeah there's a few changes I'd like to make and blady bloo but overall I like the tracklisting. It's the b-sides that I'm kind of iffy about.. just b/c there's so many remixes on it... Where's Night and Day? as well as Where did it all Go Wrong? Also, I hope it's the Omagh version of N & S of the River! Ok I'm just rambling. All in all I'm pumped. Pumped as a mofo. The dvd is going to be sa-weet.

I was never really excited about the Best of 1990-2000 until now. Up until now it was basically all word of mouth and rumor. With the set release date and the official tracklisting I am now quite excited and psyched. I think U2 did a helluva job choosing tracks for this collection. You can't please everyone and the 90's were such a big era for them.

I cannot wait to hear these "new mixes". I was surprised to see a "new mix" of "Numb" - should be cool, though. They even got "Miss Sarajevo" on it. I know U2 is overlapping their Best Of's just so they can stretch out the great songs. Brilliant move, I believe. So we'll see "Elevation" and "Walk On" on the next one, I'm guessing.

As for the b-sides: I was expecting to see "paint it black", "don't take your guns to town", "pop muzik", "fortunate son", "satellite of love", and more covers included. But oh well - to have all those great remixes and b-sides all on one cd will be awesome.

Last but not least I'd like to comment on the b-sides to "Electrical Storm". 2 remixes of "New York" - those gotta be great! I always thought "New York" would be the best song to remix off of ATYCLB (expect to see "New York" on the next Best Of also). And for the 2nd disc you get "Bad/'40'/Where the Streets Have No Name". Fuck it, I'm ordering now.

- z -

I'm very pleasently surprised (that is if the POP remixes are indeed an improvement)

if they make Lemon (album version) a hidden bonus track and choose the Omagh version of North & South of the river I'll be close to heaven

The B-Sides disc is totally F*CKED

Where the HELL are these songs?!?!?!:

- Where Did It All Go Wrong
- Salome (the good normal version, not the shitty remix that they're putting on the disc)
- Satellite Of Love
- Fortunate Son
- Paint It Black
- Wild Horses (Acoustic Temple Bar Edit)
- The Fly (Lounge Mix)
- Night and Day

I'm so GODDAMN PISSED OFF!!!!!:scream:

The B-Sides disc looks like a f*cking DANCE RECORD!!!!:banghead:

Last edited:
Blatant admission of failure ...

Ever wonder why only the POP songs were remixed? Because they needed some songs to represent the hapless POP album, and none was good enough. So they decided to remix them.

Cheers,

J

Salome said:
I'm very pleasently surprised (that is if the POP remixes are indeed an improvement)

if they make Lemon (album version) a hidden bonus track and choose the Omagh version of North & South of the river I'll be close to heaven

I?m with you Salome. :up:

So many complaints, I don?t understand you people. Why? You haven?t even listened to the whole stuff yet. Come on! Give them a chance!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom