MERGED-->Anyone else get a email from TM today regarding Presale?+Ticketmaster email

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cmb737 said:
You will still be able to use your presale code again I assume. Hopefully they have ironed out a lot of things. Only ones unaffected by this solution are the ones that bought tickets they didn't really want because they thought it was the best they would get.

My heart goes out. :sad:

Yeah. Anybody want to give me a GA ticket for a Loge ticket in Boston? You're gaining $115.50 in value!

[/sarcasm]

Congrats Gorman!

They called me at 6:51 Mountain Standard Time. The calls are coming from LA., I asked the operator where she was.

The really great thing about this is those fans who had the ultimate faith in the band are being rewarded for it. U2 said they'd get them tickets. They didn't panic. They waited and got what they paid for (and I never thought U2.com guaranteed good seats, only seats.)

MrBrau1 said:
The really great thing about this is those fans who had the ultimate faith in the band are being rewarded for it. U2 said they'd get them tickets. They didn't panic. They waited and got what they paid for (and I never thought U2.com guaranteed good seats, only seats.)

Or no seats at all...San Diego 1 GA's!

So where are they pulling all these extra GA tickets? Out of their ass?

If the number of people who were inconvenienced isn't that large, maybe they're printing up more GAs? Have they already reached a hard limit on # of people who can stand on the floor?

I would have prefered lower level tickets due to being a ways a way from Chicago but the gal on the phone did put on hold and looked and they're weren't any avalible. I'll take GA's over the ones I got in the public onsale which I felt lucky to get. They weren't too bad but could have been better and definetly could have been a lot worse.

I've always thought for years that Ticketmaster needed a lot of work and still do. I think the other ticketbrokers should be shut out of business all together and made completely illegal.

speedracer said:
If the number of people who were inconvenienced isn't that large, maybe they're printing up more GAs? Have they already reached a hard limit on # of people who can stand on the floor?

Impossible to know. I think it is more likely they changed their promotional plans (ETS, Radio Stations, AMEX, VIP's) rather than "print" more tickets. When an event is built with Ticketmaster all seats are accounted for as either available for sale or not. Million different combos for each venue.

adamgirl said:
I've always thought for years that Ticketmaster needed a lot of work and still do.

Gotta admit, they have come a long way. Think how many people all over the world got tickets this last week. (yes, not as many as desireable) but still...its quite amazing. Flawless, certainly not, but still...we could have to go to the box office.

Can someone help me here....I emailed Ticketmaster 3 times with all the problems I had with pre-sale...not to mention that I was unable to get tickets to any of the 4 Chicago shows due to being stuck in perpetual "searching" hell no matter what date I tried. Can someone PLEASE give me the email that ticketmaster wants you to reply to them with?? Please? You can email me at lofidelityrecords@yahoo.com.

thanks...

jeffrey k.
Chicago Il.

Question for those who got the e-mail and call from Ticketmaster and this may have been answered in previous posts:

Did you send a nasty e-mail to Ticketmaster about the presale this week? I just want to have all the info I can in case I get screwed in the Phx presale this week.

Thanks

Desert Dog said:

Did you send a nasty e-mail to Ticketmaster about the presale this week?

Nasty, no. Detailed and Direct, yes. Guaranteed the customer service agent that reads your email could give a damn emotionally and getting nasty certainly wins nothing. Be as detailed as possible and send it to TM AND U2.com. I never received any email prior to today. I have a feeling, they are aware whose codes got disabled anyway (since they disabled them). One thing we have all learned through this process is patience.

if someone could e-mail me the letter from ticketmaster it would be much, much appreciated. I was totally shut out during the presale, I wrote a respectable email to u2.com but not ticketmaster. haven't heard from either. Thanks

kbraunig@sympatico.ca

One thing to remember is TM are not going to get tix for everyone on this leg of the tour. The rumored 3rd leg will probably have 3X as many shows. If you had problems w/ your code make sure U2.com know about it and can reset for 3rd leg.

I was very lucky to get tickets in the presale, 2 GA and 2 lower section. Overall, my friend and I made out pretty well. I know I would feel pretty crappy if either of our codes left us empty handed. Good for all of you who have had patience and a respectable attitude about everything. Good things really do come to those who wait. See you all in Chicago!!! :wink:

The email says you have to reply from the address it was sent to- I suspect it will be denied otherwise for security reasons. I would also suspect they are doing this email blast in batches based on when you emailed, and who you emailed. It sounds as if they are all in touch with each other and are probably coordinating lists.

At least we hope. And that being said- a few people will fall through the cracks in this kind of process..but patience *should* payoff.

I've already been there and sent messages 3 times already. People are getting emails from Ticketmaster and they are asking them to respond to them. I need that email address....

jeffrey k.

partygirl33 said:
The email says you have to reply from the address it was sent to- I suspect it will be denied otherwise for security reasons. I would also suspect they are doing this email blast in batches based on when you emailed, and who you emailed. It sounds as if they are all in touch with each other and are probably coordinating lists.

At least we hope. And that being said- a few people will fall through the cracks in this kind of process..but patience *should* payoff.

That makes sense....thanks for clarifying. I feel a bit better. If I don't hear from them soon I will call them (again) and see what I can find out.

jeffrey k.

lo-fidelity said:
If I don't hear from them soon I will call them (again) and see what I can find out.

jeffrey k.

K- cuz I'm really waiting for that f-ing email too!! :) But I think we will be ok.

I picked the wrong week to quit smoking...

Back
Top Bottom