2024 shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innominata8

War Child
Anyone one else have issues with the latest (October) fan club presale? My spouse and I each have an account - long term members - one of us got tickets and the other didn’t. While I know that a U2.com membership doesn’t guarantee tickets, was there really so much interest that each account couldn’t get at least a couple of pre-sale tix?

Might have depended on which dates you tried for. Assumption is that last weekend (2/17 & 2/18) would have had highest demand and a lot of requests as top priority.

We also don't know what amount of tix per show are allotted for the fan club. It's definitely not the entire 17,500 or whatever. Quite possible its only 10% or so of that number. So unfortunately, it becomes a numbers game and luck of the draw.

So the question is was demand high when they added 11 NEW DATES to their sold out 25 shows already with non stop hype?

And if one of you got tickets -- isn't that a good thing?? Is he going without you?

So the question is was demand high when they added 11 NEW DATES to their sold out 25 shows already with non stop hype?

And if one of you got tickets -- isn't that a good thing?? Is he going without you?

Also what percentage of ultra fans submitted? Most who already have tix or had attended aren’t going back, so while the inventory pool might’ve been the same, the chances could be better.

I just looked and Postcards seats cost 89, 169, 250 bucks.... so everyone complaining about U2 prices... my god. Isn't it 50 minutes of stupid giant elephants too?

Before fees too.

Last edited:
Also what percentage of ultra fans submitted? Most who already have tix or had attended aren’t going back, so while the inventory pool might’ve been the same, the chances could be better.

Well I think plenty of people requested tickets and didn't get them, so demand was still high. Now some of those are of course scalpers, but just looking around U2 reddit -- fans -- though stupid -- did try for tickets even though a lot of them where complaining even after getting tickets or seeing shows about prices because white people problems.

But I'm enjoying this system overall. We haven't talked enough about how great U2 did by their fans when so many other artists like Bruce did that crazy ticketmaster crap when they didnt' have too.

They could have easily charged 500 bucks for every single ticket and sold out.

Last edited:
But I'm enjoying this system overall. We haven't talked enough about how great U2 did by their fans when so many other artists like Bruce did that crazy ticketmaster crap when they didnt' have too.

They could have easily charged 500 bucks for every single ticket and sold out.

In the grand scheme of things in today's concert market, they priced things for these particular shows in that city and that venue more than fairly. Included the fees up front (would people have felt better about a $225.00 GA ticket that ended up costing $267?, no, they'd have just had a separate complaint to voice). Also, did an admirable job getting tix in the hands of the fan club.

Sure there were/will be some Platinum seats. That to me is the only thing I truly find untoward about the ticket prices for The Sphere shows. But unfortunately, only a select few artists have had the fortitude to say no to Ticketmaster/Live Nation on that front. (Robert Smith is a rocknroll saint).

In the grand scheme of things in today's concert market, they priced things for these particular shows in that city and that venue more than fairly. Included the fees up front (would people have felt better about a $225.00 GA ticket that ended up costing $267?, no, they'd have just had a separate complaint to voice). Also, did an admirable job getting tix in the hands of the fan club.

Sure there were/will be some Platinum seats. That to me is the only thing I truly find untoward about the ticket prices for The Sphere shows. But unfortunately, only a select few artists have had the fortitude to say no to Ticketmaster/Live Nation on that front. (Robert Smith is a rocknroll saint).

Absolutely! They did about as well by everyone as they could given the circumstances!

Then of course the top of the top live act tier they are still in.

Robert Smith is admirable and the Cure selling strong, but as we all know, they aren't on U2's level when it comes to demand for tickets.

Of course the Cure are no slouches in the quality, legacy or draw department, but U2 are really in the company of how many acts?

Rolling Stones. Ed Sherran. Taylor. Coldplay. Beyonce.

Who am I missing?

I am ultra and got my first choice of 3 nosebleeds for 1/26. My other friend who is also ultra got his first choice of nosebleeds for 1/27. Have no idea how people are chosen.

Just seeing how tickets are going -- seems like the shows have sold out most of the tickets standard prices before that random platinum crap... however I noticed now at least for current shows they were allowing verified resale for the first time that I've seen.

Lol, they're still making you go through the text verification and farce of a queue just to get to the "tickets are sold out" page for GAs. Just tried 2/15.

I got 1 each for 2/17 and 2/18 yesterday. Maybe I should've tried for 2 at once, but I'm always scared that will result in no tickets at all.

Yeah, we will both go to the show. We were trying to get tickets for a couple dates as our work schedules aren’t yet sorted out for early next year and we wanted a little flexibility. Worst case, if we can’t use them we’ll post them here.

I had that get in line and text crap -- just slows down the process... just let us in after 24 hours... sale is way over...

Just for fun I had tried entering the general sales on Wednesday. I was trying to get in about 3 minutes past the start

Feb 17 - I was number 14,807 in line

Feb 18 - number 8,952 in line

So demand is still there I guess!

I haven’t looked at the individual seating maps but they could easily get to a nice round 40 shows if they announce “last and final”

Good! Also did Bono turn off that balloon bit from the show?

And man there are a lot of resale tix for the 2024 shows.

This irks me, but they were selling on stubhub so of course TM/LN opts to take a cut - can’t really blame ‘em. Would be nice if the resale on TM was at least limited to face value.

Still there ARE options for face if you know where to look.

Here, for starters. Also Zootopia.

And then, the ‘Book has a somewhat global trade + sale group I’ve seen success from. They’ve been on point with drops as well.

Back
Top Bottom