MERGED-->Anyone else get a email from TM today regarding Presale?+Ticketmaster email

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There were UK fans who were shutout in the presale, got a call, and got tickets. The same thing is happenning here. I feel bad for all the Zootopia "Chicken Littles" who won't respond to this and will continue to slag the band as "ripping them off."

bonosleftone said:
I had fucking GAs pulled for Philly 5/14 before Ticketmaster fucked up my transaction by charging me three times and then voiding all three transactions. I just hope I can get something for that night.

Ugh. . . that exact thing happened to me trying to get world series tix in 2003. . . three charges and three voids. Mother F'ers. :mad:

MrBrau1 said:
I think this email is for people who had problems with the code, and let TM know about it. If you didn't use the code, or didn't contact them about a problem, you won't get an email.

Well I did not contact Ticketmaster about the problem on tuesday, but I did contact u2.com several times. (They suck at returning emails). However I did just send them email with my Name, Username (on U2.Com), Pre-sale Code, City and Date of my unsuccessful attempt, and a DNA sample. Oh yeah contact info for me as well. Anyway, Ia m keeping my fingers crossed as I refuse to use a scalper. They are the demon seed of the Concert Industry. Anyway, I hope this works out. I miss Elevation. I went to three shows. One I had GA from the General Sale (no problems getting them), the other I had Nosebleeds only to be able to trade them at the Box OFfice the day of hte show for GA (ended up in the heart for that one and the other GA), and the third was first row side stage by Edge. No problems getting any of them. Never used my prop form for the tour. Plus got to meet Bono at one of the shows. Great tour. So far, I hate the Vertigo Tour. (that will change once I get into a venue and the band hits the stage). 5 tours now that I have been a ticket holder for and my heart still skips a beat when they walk onto the stage.

Oh well I will stop now.

Nighty Night.

HJ

Informal Poll:

Just for the sake of determining if this is legit, has anyone received this email that didn't complain to TM, U2.com, and actually got tickets through presale?

I don't think there is a way for us all to get it, it be fake, and us all have the same prerequisites.

I have e-mailed Ticketmaster since I never received the e-mail... all my complaints were addressed to Principle Management but not to Ticketmaster... and, yet, my code has never been used.

Do you think they saved any decent seats for us? My concern is that they will come back to us with nosebleeds...

In any event, if you are in my same position (e.g., have not used your code, never received an e-mail), I would e-mail Ticketmaster directly at: customersupport@ticketmaster.com. This should also help verify whether this e-mail is authentic or not.

I am also hoping that they are not leaving us out if we were able through fight our way through the general sale to buy anything... I still feel that we have the right to get tix through the pre-sale as well (after all, that is what we paid for...).

cmb737 said:
Informal Poll:

Just for the sake of determining if this is legit, has anyone received this email that didn't complain to TM, U2.com, and actually got tickets through presale?

I don't think there is a way for us all to get it, it be fake, and us all have the same prerequisites.

Also, I would e-mail ticketmaster to the address I posted above... we have yet a day so we can e-mail them and check who they sent the e-mail to.

And plus, this sucks, I sent 4 faxes to Principle Management complaining about the lack of tickets and they did not even have the decency of forwarding my e-mail address to Ticketmaster so I have a shot at pre-sale tickets.

U2@NYC said:
I am also hoping that they are not leaving us out if we were able through fight our way through the general sale to buy anything... I still feel that we have the right to get tix through the pre-sale as well (after all, that is what we paid for...).

I don't think the general sale would anything to do with it. That just happened yesterday. Plus I thought bonosleftone did get tickets in the general sale and he got the email.

So I guess they just ignored me because I did not complain to the right people... I am great, aren't I?

I want to have the option of buying MSG tix as well...!

Last edited:
U2@NYC said:
So I guess they just ignored me because I did not complain to the right people... I am great, aren't I?

Ditto. I hope its not just for the people who complaned to TM. i would be THRILLED with MSG nosebleeds at this point.

How are we going to find out who/why/how people got this email?

I just emailed them with my issues....Let's see what happens because I am about to :barf: over msg tomorrow morning....

U2@NYC said:

U2@NYC, My buddy (In Jersey City, NJ) got 2 tix for GA Boston last nite by calling the TM # in Virginia and working with a rep and REPEATIDLY asking her to search the inventory. 3 or 4 searches, and nothing, but 1 last search got him gold.

Here are #'s for TM outlets in the Virginia, where call center volumes are bound to be lower than the NY/NJ/CT numbers:

Virginia-

Blacksburg 540-951-8427
Lynchburg 434-846-8100
Williamsburg 757-872-8100
Richmond 804-262-8100
Roanoke 540-343-8100
Virginia Beach 757-671-8100
Northern VA 800-527-6384

cmb737 said:
Just got 2 GAs for opening night from ticketmaster. They called me!!!

YAY!!! Congrats!!

Ok- how did they have your phone number?

Did you originally complain to TM? When/Why?

Did you get the email and respond?

Did you give her my number!? :)

They emailed me, I responded, they called. 100% faith in U2 restored!!!! expect your calls...and email if you haven't!!!!

I knew they would come through!

cmb737 said:
They emailed me, I responded, they called. 100% faith in U2 restored!!!! expect your calls...and email if you haven't!!!!

I knew they would come through!

Yippeeee!! I just emailed TM...I hope its not too late!

cmb737 said:
Just got 2 GAs for opening night from ticketmaster. They called me!!!

WOW! That's terrific, I'm so happy for you! This is looking pretty good here. :)

They personally apologized to me before they let me buy tickets too!

U2 is the greatest band in the world. Damn the naysayers.

cmb737 said:
They personally apologized to me before they let me buy tickets too!

U2 is the greatest band in the world. Damn the naysayers.

Can you spread your story around? It would be great to let people know that all hope is not lost.

Note to others, cmb737 is in New Mexico, where it's before 9pm. Don't expect a call if you're on the eact coast, since it's now, after 9pm there.

cmb737 said:
Thought that is what I was doing.

Well, maybe other boards, get interference to post about it in the news section etc.

The bad news seem to get a lot of press, maybe it's time for some good news too.

***stunned***

(and hopeful since I only JUST emailed TM)

But I am feeling so much better that this has happened for even one person!

I am so happy for you guys! I hate to join in with the "I told you so!" parade (and by 'you', I mean everyone who passionately railed against evil U2 and sold all their cds and crap like that), but this is why we were just saying to be patient. Yes, an immediate response would have been nice, but the world doesn't work that way. They knew they screwed up; they were not laughing in the face of their fans.

So glad to hear that things are being fixed!

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
:dance: :dance: :dance:

MrBrau...it was a tough fight. But we fought the good fight. Cheers, hope to buy you a beer at a show!

cmb737 said:
MrBrau...it was a tough fight. But we fought the good fight. Cheers, hope to buy you a beer at a show!

Yes. A fix appears to be in the works. Many people here will wish they never burned all their U2 cds. Patience really is a virtue.

Back
Top Bottom