MERGED-->All U2 iTunes Digital Box set Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rastat said:
The Chris Thomas songs seem to me more powerful... but maybe it's the crap sound quality of the streaming audio... anyway... Gorman, YOU RULE!!! :D

I agree they still need work but the sound is a lot more varied then the album versions. They don't quite "work" but they're a lot more emotional and connectting with me in a way that the album just doesn't. It really does seem to reinforce that they either overwrote the songs or tried to play it safe. In my head there's this great album that's as scary as ATYCLB was beautiful instead it's just bleh. :(

Gorman does indeed rule.

OMG I GOT THROUGH, WOO HOO!!!!!!!!! :dance: :hyper:

And I printed that whopping "complete U2" PDF...42 pages! (it's great to have a decent printer at the office!)

:heart: THANKS GORMAN!!!! :heart:

Last edited:
And the tracks are not still on P2P...

Hoooooow loooooooong???? To siiiiiing this soooooong?????

Hehehehe... just impatient here... having absolutely all the U2 discography has become a problem in this case, isn't it? :huh:

thanks for the streams, Gorman, once again coming through. I cant afford the I_Pod, im a college student, and im going to drop like easily $500 on their tour, its good to hear them.

Rastat said:
And the tracks are not still on P2P...

Hehehehe... just impatient here... having absolutely all the U2 discography has become a problem in this case, isn't it? :huh:

There are folks who are working on it as we speak... :silent:

thank god for P2P's

This digital box set IS wonderful but its a bunch of shit that I would have to spend 150 bucks for the 10 songs I want.

Levitate & Love U like mad are good, but they dont belong on the albums, maybe levitate because its better than a couple tracks on ATYCLB, but their b-sides mostly. IMO :wink:

If someone wants to chat about sending the files, I'm sure I could make it worth someones time. chrisedge @ yahoo. com

Sooo.... Aparently, we are not allowed to post the links for the new (old) songs because they have been released commericially. Can someone please send me any links for...

Levitate, Love you like mad, Smile, Xanax and Wine, Native Son.

I would really appreciate it.

rg_3@juno.com

I went ahead and dropped the $100 on the box set - figured why the hell not at this point.

It is a massive experiment by both Apple and U2 and I, for one, want to help encourage innovation in my little way.

So that said, I actually broke up the set into smaller playlists. Basically, it's in chronological order - titled in my own way like this:

The Beginning: Includes demos, Boy, Boy-singles/b's, October and October-singles/b's

Break Out: Includes War, War-singles/b-sides and Under a Blood Red Sky

Unforgettable Years: Unforgettable Fire, UF singles/b's, Joshua Tree, JT singes/b's

Desire in America: Rattle 'n Hum, singles/b's, remixes

Achtung to New U2: Achtung Baby, singles/b's and remixes

Riffs in Electronica: Zooropa, singles/b's remixes

Burst of Pop: Pop, singles/b's remixes

Elevate to Basics: ATYCLB, singles/b's remixes

HTDAAB+: Obviously, new album w/Fast Cars, Vertigo remixes and b's.

Compilations: The Best of 1/2, singles/remixes

Live: As you'd expect - all live

Unreleased/Rare - again... as it's described

Xperiments: Passengers, Million Dollar Hotel

I'm also considering a soundtrack playlist that would include stuff from Million Dollar Hotel, Batman, Gangs of NY, etc. - but those are songs not in the box set (save for Stateless and Ground Beneath Her Feet from Million $ Hotel).

Would love to hear how others are breaking up the set in playlists!

Cheers and enjoy!

once again, if anyone could be so kind and send these unreleased tracks to prodigaljunkies@yahoo.com, it would be much appreciated.

like i said earlier, i am going to buy the IPod later in December when i have enough money.

gorman said:
Yeah, I purposely set the bitrate to 96Kbps to discourage capturing the stream. I'd rather people actually buy the digital box set. I realize not everyone needs the majority of the included files, but thanks to the ability to legally have the files on 5 computers, this is a great way to introduce your friends to all of U2.

Can anyone please help a person on dialup who's also in Australia [woo! double blow! because seriously, I've bought the iPod and I'd buy the boxset even though like so many of you I HAVE most of it] get to hear this stuff?

Because dialup = streaming? AHAHAHAHA yeah, right. :madspit:

nerdlove @ tpg.com.au

Question :

I thought I read somewhere that in the box set PDF thing, they were going to have all the lyrics? Is this true?

Well if this is true, just shows how much U2's marketing has changed. They are now screwing the long term fans that have been there since the start. And having to pay $150 for 25 unreleased tracks is beyond s joke, and something I will not be doing, I will download them when there all over the net.

I have to agree with everyone upset about the digital boxed set. I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars on U2, just like most of you. I own 95% of the boxed set. I might even buy the U2 ipod. But I can't pay $150 for 19 songs.

If anyone would like to burn me a disc of the rarities tracks, I would be happy to trade the 3 disc Salome set, bootlegs, or anything else I have.

Thanks to Gorman for giving us a taste.

Even if I wanted to spend the 150$ I can't because iTunes' not available where I come from:( So if someone knows how I can get a hold of the Unreleases & Rare tracks, I would really appreciate it:)

I love U2, but I feel this product is really a rip-off.

The new fans won't care about the rarities.

The fanatics have all of the albums, and probably all of the B-sides, maybe even the live shows.

Are we really expected to pay $150 for a dozen tracks, all of which are 128Kps MP3s? I expect better of U2!

Niceman said:
I love U2, but I feel this product is really a rip-off.

The new fans won't care about the rarities.

The fanatics have all of the albums, and probably all of the B-sides, maybe even the live shows.

Are we really expected to pay $150 for a dozen tracks, all of which are 128Kps MP3s? I expect better of U2!

Well not only are U2 obsessed with being the biggest band in the world it seems they are also obsessed with being the richest band in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom