MERGED-->All U2 iTunes Digital Box set Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the sad thing is that there ARE people here who have ripped MP3's of the rare stuff we can't purchase separately (Smile, Xanax and Wine, etc...), but they won't share. OR they'll share, but for a price. :madspit: :down:

And what are they called? :eyebrow:

Last edited:
AtomicLemon said:
And the funny thing is that there ARE people here who have ripped MP3's of the rare stuff we can't purchase separately (Smile, Xanax and Wine, etc...), but they won't share. OR they'll share, but for a price. :madspit: :down:

And what are they called? :eyebrow:

The technical term is 'cunt.' :wink: j\k

The complete U2 box set does come with liner notes by Bill Flanagan introducing each LP/EP and the Edge introducing the concerts, three and the rare stuff

Only drawback is that it consists of 42 pages

bonosleftone said:

Actually no, a boxset of this magnitude would run at least $200 in physical CDs. If you take into account the 10 Disc Complete Led Zeppelin Studio Recordings that alone runes for $120 new.

I was referring to a hypothetical 3 or 4-CD box set with mainly unreleased material, rarities, b-sides, live tracks, etc. not a complete recordings box set. I believe something like that can be had for $60, but I could be wrong. I wish I had paid closer attention to the price on the Nirvana box set while at Best Buy today getting HTDAAB.

Bono's shades said:

I was referring to a hypothetical 3 or 4-CD box set with mainly unreleased material, rarities, b-sides, live tracks, etc. not a complete recordings box set. I believe something like that can be had for $60, but I could be wrong. I wish I had paid closer attention to the price on the Nirvana box set while at Best Buy today getting HTDAAB.

Ah I gotcha you're right on that, and funnily enough at Target the Nirvana box set is on sale for 27.99 lol

Its funny how when the album leaked no one was hesitant at all about sending songs, sharing links, etc etc etc.

But now this comes up and everyone is mum :wink:

Hey, do any tech heads know if its possible to capture gormans stream of the unreleased tracks for purely "scientific research" purposes.:wink:

brownda7 said:
Hey, do any tech heads know if its possible to capture gormans stream of the unreleased tracks for purely "scientific research" purposes.:wink:

Yea there's a program called Total Recorder you can use. It basically records the sound directly off your sound card. Its the easiest way to record without losing quality.

Just google it, or look for it on Bittorrent sites like Suprnova.

so why can't I get this stream to play? it isn't full of users...and I have it open in Itunes...and nothing happens? help...

jeffrey k.

AtomicLemon said:

Yes, I think that's whey people are leaving their emails ...

Well that's not clear from the quote in my reply.

Quote:

"Its funny how when the album leaked no one was hesitant at all about sending songs, sharing links, etc etc etc."

UltraVioletBoy said:
I went ahead and dropped the $100 on the box set - figured why the hell not at this point.

It is a massive experiment by both Apple and U2 and I, for one, want to help encourage innovation in my little way.

So that said, I actually broke up the set into smaller playlists. Basically, it's in chronological order - titled in my own way like this:

The Beginning: Includes demos, Boy, Boy-singles/b's, October and October-singles/b's

Break Out: Includes War, War-singles/b-sides and Under a Blood Red Sky

Unforgettable Years: Unforgettable Fire, UF singles/b's, Joshua Tree, JT singes/b's

Desire in America: Rattle 'n Hum, singles/b's, remixes

Achtung to New U2: Achtung Baby, singles/b's and remixes

Riffs in Electronica: Zooropa, singles/b's remixes

Burst of Pop: Pop, singles/b's remixes

Elevate to Basics: ATYCLB, singles/b's remixes

HTDAAB+: Obviously, new album w/Fast Cars, Vertigo remixes and b's.

Compilations: The Best of 1/2, singles/remixes

Live: As you'd expect - all live

Unreleased/Rare - again... as it's described

Xperiments: Passengers, Million Dollar Hotel

I'm also considering a soundtrack playlist that would include stuff from Million Dollar Hotel, Batman, Gangs of NY, etc. - but those are songs not in the box set (save for Stateless and Ground Beneath Her Feet from Million $ Hotel).

Would love to hear how others are breaking up the set in playlists!

Cheers and enjoy!

Thanks for the idea.

i dont know if anyone noticed about this, but the complete u2 on iTunes, there's no 'neon lights' in it.

I guess they're not complete after all...

Sikris said:
i dont know if anyone noticed about this, but the complete u2 on iTunes, there's no 'neon lights' in it.

I don't think there are any covers.

Sikris said:

A lot of the covers that were b-sides are not included due to artist rights. U2 does not own the rights to songs like Unchained Melody, Neon Lights, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom