MERGED-->All U2 iTunes Digital Box set Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lancerla said:
I have to agree with everyone upset about the digital boxed set. I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars on U2, just like most of you. I own 95% of the boxed set. I might even buy the U2 ipod. But I can't pay $150 for 19 songs.

If anyone would like to burn me a disc of the rarities tracks, I would be happy to trade the 3 disc Salome set, bootlegs, or anything else I have.

Thanks to Gorman for giving us a taste.

Folks, this is how you get access to stuff you don't have. You BARTER. Lance, If I get the tracks (still debating), I'll burn you the 19 songs you're looking for in exchange for some boots or salome.

Here's the solution for all of you folks bitching about how expensive this collection is. Don't buy it. It's that simple. You know the songs will be available soon in other ways (download, barter, etc). Instead of being the 90th person to post complaining about how much the set costs, why not PM someone who has stated they have the set and offer a trade.

AMEN

Derek said:
Here's the solution for all of you folks bitching about how expensive this collection is. Don't buy it. It's that simple. You know the songs will be available soon in other ways (download, barter, etc). Instead of being the 90th person to post complaining about how much the set costs, why not PM someone who has stated they have the set and offer a trade.

Seriously, I think it's understood that "hardcore fans" aren't thrilled. Is it necessary to state it over and over and over and over…

If I get the box set (and again, if anyone isn't going to use their coupon, let me know) I'll tell you guys and maybe we can work something out.

Hi, I'm long time fan & collector from Poland. iTunes Music Store is not available where I come from So if someone knows how I can get a hold of the Unreleases & Rare tracks, I would really appreciate. I could trade, I have over 100 U2 shows on DVD. http://u2.homepage.pl/dvdboot/bootinx.html

What is too funny (I'm guilty too) is this is fallen into the "Begging" catagory. We will see 50 million email addresses, and everyone asking for the next 3 months for these files.

That said, I will hook someone up with the DVD of 11-22-2004 if they wanna trade for the 18 tracks. :)

Well, I suppose we all have to be more patient in this case... iTunes will surely put the files available for individual downloading sooner or later... and we can dream with these songs as B-Sides for the new album singles as well...

In any case, I'd like to trade for them. :D
No patience here!!! sorry... :shrug:

Please contact me at 13.aivan (at) gmail.com

Thank you so much...

Oh, at least there's good news... Fast Cars is available for download... :)

Sleep Over Jack said:
"Flower Child" is a great song...very Kinks-esque, 1960s-sounding...going by U2-Guy and others logic this should have been on ATYCLB since its very poppy and commercial.. I loved the "Holy Joe" reference.

Flower Child must have turn into Wild Honey...

But it's much better. I like it.

damuma at gmail.com

I don't have much to offer, but I'll love you forever. And I'm a nice person.

I have nothing to offer, but I want these songs.

graemehenderson (at) gmail.com

please! you'd make me very happy.

Of the HTDAAB material, the only one I prefer to be on the album is the alternate "Yahweh." Maybe it's because Larry and Adam are so much more pronounced, and the melody less vaporous. "Native Son" is close, but I still think "Vertigo" edges it. No comparison between the SYCMIOYO versions... the album's is far superior. And while I like XAW a lot, "Fast Cars" is so different in general and for U2 in particular that I'll give them that one too. The harmonics sound beautiful on the chorus of the alternate ABOY, but the jungle drums behind it don't work.

Hello, first post ever. I´m from venezuela, there's no iTunes store in my country. so if some of you could be so generous to send me some or all of the Rarities, especially the left overs from the album session, i'd be grateful for ever. Im a great U2 fan and i really die to listen to those songs.
here's my email, u can send them there please

opitz.carlos@gmail.com

Please someone hook me up, I'm dying over here with a crappy old computer unable to download itunes. I'm not greedy only need these 6 little ones.

Levitate, Love like mad, Smile, Flower child, Xanzax, & Native Son

Willing to send the entire First Show of Z00 Tv (feb 29, 1992) or the entire first show of Elevation (March 24, 2001), or both, or a check, or my first born.

dtm33@hotmail.com

Smile is very, very good... great song. But I understand why it's not in HTDAAB... it reminds me too much of Hawkmoon 269 and Mothers Of The Dissapeared...

HTDAAB + Smile + Mercy + Fast Cars + All Because Of You (Alternate) + Native Son + Yahweh (Alternate) + Xanax & Wine
=
Too many new U2 in one week???

This is so frustrating! I got my hopes up last night when I was reading this thread because it looked like at least some previously unreleased songs were going to be sold separately, but I decided to go to bed and do my downloading tomorrow. I was looking forward to this all day at work and know I find out nothing previously unreleased stuff is available a la carte? What are they trying to do, taunt us? :mad: :madspit:

Oh, well, I guess it's still worth downloading the iTunes software so I can get the few previously-released things I don't have yet. And I hope there is an actual, physical CD box set with loads of unreleased stuff someday. Lots of artists do this for $50 or $60.

Bono's shades said:
This is so frustrating! I got my hopes up last night when I was reading this thread because it looked like at least some previously unreleased songs were going to be sold separately, but I decided to go to bed and do my downloading tomorrow. I was looking forward to this all day at work and know I find out nothing previously unreleased stuff is available a la carte? What are they trying to do, taunt us? :mad: :madspit:

Oh, well, I guess it's still worth downloading the iTunes software so I can get the few previously-released things I don't have yet. And I hope there is an actual, physical CD box set with loads of unreleased stuff someday. Lots of artists do this for $50 or $60.

Actually no, a boxset of this magnitude would run at least $200 in physical CDs. If you take into account the 10 Disc Complete Led Zeppelin Studio Recordings that alone runes for $120 new.

This is a great deal, but its by far shit that they wont allow the best stuff in the set to be purchased seperately. I dont care if Im a broken record, Im mad.

Even if they would charge $200 for a physical box set, that would be including the costs of making the physical CD, printing liner notes and having it sit in a store. There is much less overhead selling online than in the real world. So why isn't it any cheaper for us????

Niceman said:
Even if they would charge $200 for a physical box set, that would be including the costs of making the physical CD, printing liner notes and having it sit in a store. There is much less overhead selling online than in the real world. So why isn't it any cheaper for us????

Because the music business, online or not, is full of cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom