May, 29, 2011 Canad Inns Stadium - Winnipeg, MB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 GA's for Winnipeg for free....

Im too sore after the 3300 mile Denver/Salt Lake City Road trip. I have 2 GA's for Winnipeg that I'd like to see put to good use. Tickets are free, You pay shipping. I live in Green Bay, WI (54304) No Scalpers. If you have an extra GA ticket for PA or Moncton I wouldn't mind that but its not a requirement. I saw people giving other people GA tickets in Denver and Salt Lake City so its a pay it forward kinda thing. text me at 920-499-5756 if you need details. thanks

Since the info about the theatre is all over the web, would anyone like to share what more they know?

U2 gear moves into Burton Cummings Theatre - Manitoba - CBC News

All I heard was that they were doing some sort of documentary with the guy who did It Might Get Loud and rehearsing.

I've also heard so many people saying they were going to play a private show on Saturday. I doubt it but maybe they might invite some crazy kids hanging out in a nearby pub :D

Please keep posting any sightings, experiences, etc. here.

I will need everything I can get for the review I'm writing for the Interference home page.

Is there room for 2 more at Shannon's? I didn't think I would be free but now I am.

Chris

Please keep posting any sightings, experiences, etc. here.

I will need everything I can get for the review I'm writing for the Interference home page.

Can do! It's my goal for the weekend to get Bono my Four Directions/Medicine Wheel bracelet. Winnipeg has a huge Cree/Ojibway population and if he wore the bracelet, I imagine all the Native people in the audience (including Cree me) would freak out. :hyper:

Can do! It's my goal for the weekend to get Bono my Four Directions/Medicine Wheel bracelet. Winnipeg has a huge Cree/Ojibway population and if he wore the bracelet, I imagine all the Native people in the audience (including Cree me) would freak out. :hyper:

Good luck!:hug:

This is shaping up to be a pretty amazing experience. I still can't believe the wait is almost over. :hyper:

I'm getting ready to go tomorrow.

I don't have a fold up chair. Where can I get one?

Can anyone comment about bringing in an SLR camera? My father-in-law has a Canon 7D and would like to bring it. Will he get stopped?

Thoughts/comments?

Can anyone comment about bringing in an SLR camera? My father-in-law has a Canon 7D and would like to bring it. Will he get stopped?

Thoughts/comments?

I've read mixed results from around the world as far as people's luck of bringing in good cameras. I think the history of the venue is the most telling though. Did anyone get a camera in for Bon Jovi or the other bigger names that have played there?

I'd love to bring mine, but without knowing where I'll be parking in order to bring it back to the car, I'm skipping the good camera.

ETA: Honey Child's link specifically mentions No Professional Cameras

Last edited:

Thoughts/comments?

Does it have a detachable lens? I think that's what qualifies to security as a professional camera.

Random but I just got nerdily happy when Power 97, a local rock station, played my requests for the 90s Awesome Album. I picked EBTTRL and One off of Achtung Baby and informed them that I hoped to have a Bono encounter.

They played the songs, dedicated them to me, and wished me luck in my quest, :hyper:

I've got plans in the downtown core tonight so I will keep a look out around the Burt (as long as someone lets me know if the Bruins win :D)

All I heard was that they were doing some sort of documentary with the guy who did It Might Get Loud and rehearsing.

I've also heard so many people saying they were going to play a private show on Saturday. I doubt it but maybe they might invite some crazy kids hanging out in a nearby pub :D

Sweet hell that would be amazing, but I shan't get my hopes up.

Call me, Edge...

:lol::lol::lol:

I fell on some stairs last night and sprained my ankle. :( It's getting better and I can walk, but is it possible to survive GA with a bum ankle? I don't how soon I'll be able to line up in GA unless I sit on the ground, but I'll have to see how it feels by then. I'm still determined to come, but now I'm nervous. What should I do? :scream: :sad:

I fell on some stairs last night and sprained my ankle. :( It's getting better and I can walk, but is it possible to survive GA with a bum ankle? I don't how soon I'll be able to line up in GA unless I sit on the ground, but I'll have to see how it feels by then. I'm still determined to come, but now I'm nervous. What should I do? :scream: :sad:

Oh NO!!!!!!!!

Not saying you CAN'T do it... you can do ANYTHING... but it really does a number on your legs.

((HUG))

I'm mostly worried because I'm going to be doing this alone (my dad has a seat in the stands). I wanted to do the GA experience and wait in line most of the day, but I don't want to wear out my foot beforehand. I'm feeling really discouraged about it right now.

I'm mostly worried because I'm going to be doing this alone (my dad has a seat in the stands). I wanted to do the GA experience and wait in line most of the day, but I don't want to wear out my foot beforehand. I'm feeling really discouraged about it right now.

Sucks Rachel! I did GA in Toronto a couple years ago...Edgefest is right; it really does a number on your legs. I'd suggest bringing a fold up chair and having someone take it from you before you walk in or just leaving it. In T.O., they took away our chairs around 4:30 to tighten the lineup. If you're okay with sitting on the ground, you should be able to pull it off. But it's a grind to be sure!

It can be done. I did Muse GA on a badly sprained/fractured ankle. The key is for the line, bring a chair and sit as long as they will let you. Once you get in, go for the pit, back rail probably best.

I would recommend bringing your pain pills with you, Ibuprofen works best for me and take them every 4 hours. If you can, I'd try to get a brace for added stability.

It can be done. I did Muse GA on a badly sprained/fractured ankle. The key is for the line, bring a chair and sit as long as they will let you. Once you get in, go for the pit, back rail probably best.

I would recommend bringing your pain pills with you, Ibuprofen works best for me and take them every 4 hours. If you can, I'd try to get a brace for added stability.

I'll have to stop at Wal-Mart and get a chair. I'll just get a cheap one and abandon it. I've been taking ibuprofen a lot today and it seems to help, so I'll definitely bring some along. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet and my ankle has already improved a great deal, so I'm praying that it will be even better by Sunday.

The Important Info email I got today says that the gates open at 5:30, but GA from Gate 4 will be let in 15 minutes before that; I'm thinking that I won't try to show up until about 3:00, but I wish I could know what was happening there (like if the line is getting long really fast) so that I could come sooner if needed.

That sucks. Don't give up.

Do you have crutches?
I'd milk the sympathy cow for all it's worth.

My aunt has some here that she said I could use, but would they let me bring them into the stadium? I might actually only need one, just for something to lean on periodically, unless I get a rail, but I doubt I'll be able to run for a good spot when the gates open. Hopefully it will feel good enough by then that I won't need to lean on anything.

Yeah, just rest it as much as you can until the show. Make sure to ice it a bit too. I find frozen peas work the best. 3pm is plenty early enough for the pit.

Also, if you can't find a brace, at least wrap it to stabilize the ankle. You shouldn't need crutches. Just be thankful you're not in a boot. I hated my boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom